Fans Focus - Non League football clubs
Sign in to follow this  
The Doog is King

Amersham Town

Not wishing to enter what appears to be a private argument, but Stony Stratford finished below Amersham. With Benfica pulling out, that puts them third bottom., outside the bottom two relegation places.

Wow you're right that must make them a brilliant team thanks for sorting it out! Lol ;-)

Did not say they were brilliant, just pointing out a fact. Wish they were good always had a soft spot for them, as originally from the south bucks area myself. Also wish you guys had gone up WB, still there's always next season, but strange things sometimes happen between now and August anyway.

Ive seem Amersham twice this season. Worse team in divs 1 and 2. ! And they are worse than the rubbish I've seen from them in the past. Clueless useless and without direction. Tiny clubhouse. Poor hospitality and nightmare to get to. Travelled all the way from Oxfordshire to see abysmal football. Never again

I know grandad I was only joshing mate! Who do you follow? Spatacus meant to ask who you are with? Benfica were a strange side battered us everytime and were far and away in those games best side I have seen in a long time no reckon certain players only turned up every know and again cos if they had the team out that destroyed us 3 times that would have been a top Prem side.

Ive seem Amersham twice this season. Worse team in divs 1 and 2. ! And they are worse than the rubbish I've seen from them in the past. Clueless useless and without direction. Tiny clubhouse. Poor hospitality and nightmare to get to. Travelled all the way from Oxfordshire to see abysmal football. Never again

Spartacus7868 - I beg to differ particularly where the Clubhouse and their hospitality is concerned, the ground is also quite close to Amersham station on the Metropolitan Line with easy road access too so I can't quite see where you're coming from

Agreed - they get rid of up and coming Manager Dale Welch when he got them into a 7th place finish 2 years ago - on the pretext of getting in "local players".

Then the same chairman a year later hires the Manager of a team of University Students. - and they get 22 points from 40 games.

Clueless.

WB the teams I follow are under my user badge... Was born in Eton, lived in Burnham most my life and moved to Cheltenham 14 years ago. Used to watch loads of local teams back home which is why still interested in SSML. Followed Slough since 1986. Cleeve (next village from here) since moved down, and Barmouth for 20 years.

I'm on iPhone most of time can't see a badge sorry.

Boing boing is another Rhodes wind up, Maybe if winding people up and getting bites got you points then they would be a top class club, as they'll never achieve it by playing football

And Rhodes, you said you can't see where Spartacus 7868 is coming from, Ocfordshire you freak haha

WB I live in Bicester originally from Stony Stratford then many years in Hertford. That's my team in the SSML if anyone but I watch more Hellenic league games now purely for logistical reasons

And Rhodes yes as Ref said I'm coming from Oxfordshire.

How in the name of god Can you have so many opinions on so many teams when you never seem to attend any games!! At least I put the miles in which gives me some right to voice an opinion

Spartacus7868 - All I'm saying is that Spratleys Meadow is easily accessible by both rail and road which you claimed it wasn't. You also said that Amersham Town were not a hospitable Club which I disagree with, whenever I've visited them in the past, with both Kentish Town and Tokyngton Manor, we were treated like Lords by the likes of Michael Gahagan and Steve Cogdell

Rhodes does put the hours in scrubbing toilets and trying to make a few bob selling second hand toilet paper so guess that gives him the right to talk sh1t all the time haha

This surely is only put on here for comedy genius. Could not believe what I was reading.

Amersham are a very poor side and the league position shows it.

Noticed a bit on Berko too. Stats for you:

Berko: P40 W34 GD +86 Pts 107

Amersham: P40 W6 GD -60 Pts 22

Last time I checked I think Berko were the better side?

Grandad - That's a good point and also only Padbury United will be promoted from Division 2 so I'm sure Amersham Town will be as safe as houses

Bedford Town Reserves have also folded since the creation of this article. Do you all think both Amersham and Stony Stratford will be repreived?

To give some background information, Mr Gray is Amersham Town top scorer Ben Gray's father, and I hear he has become assistant to Chris Martin since Chris Miller's departure, not the other way around.

I doubt Gray would leave as his son doesn't have the ability or temperament to play at a higher level. Finishing top scorer in a that can't shoot isn't exactly a hard task?

Gray was brought in as Martin's friend... in fact Ben Gray quit the club only weeks before Millers departure, citing a lack of opportunities up top, only to come crawling back weeks later when he realised nobody else wanted him.