Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

It would be wrong for them to stay in division 1. What kind of message would it send out if they did stay up after being the worst team in the league.

Worst team in league?

Sport London e Benfica, Stony Stratford Twon, Welwyn Garden City and Berkhamsted?? are all far worse teams than Amersham.....

how did you work that one out, Amesrham were crap when they played at Berko

The Comrades play a kick and run style of football. The Amersham players couldn't play their free flowing football because the ref wasn't protecting them enough.

I dont want to wish death upon a football club, but if Berko keep playing this way, I really think they will be forced to fold again.

From the games ive seen they use a few styles, which its obvious they do well as the league position shows. Perhaps if Amersham stopped trying to play this free flowing football they would be in a better position. Not sure how the way Berko play would cause a situation where the club would fold.

Let me do the maths for you.....

Poor style of football = Less Attendances

Less Attendances = Less Money

Less Money = Poor financial situation

Poor financial situation = The club folding

I find it shameful that Berko had to kick Amersham off the pitch to pick up three points.

As a supporter i prefer to see wins and i would say most of the other Berko supporters also feel the same, playing pretty football cant always be done and and sometimes you have to win ugly. I would say that attendances are not an issue at berko at the present level and if we keep winning games and doing well they will get better and thats without the hard work ppl put in behind the scenes to raise the clubs profile locally. Good luck in the battle against relegation again next season.

I can assure you, I am not being "silly".

I assume you don't have the wide range of football experience I have, and you haven't had the misfortune to play on Aston Clinton's pitch.

I also can assure you that despite rumours, I can categorically deny that I'm Clifford Rhodes, despite being a great admirer of him.

Sounds very like our Cliff!......once again people telling me new things about myself.........your right pal i havent a clue about football......hahahahaha.

Admirer of Cliff.....can anyone confirm that being a first!?

I'm thankful you can admit you have inferior football knowledge to me.

I'm glad we settled this arguement and we both agree that Aston Clinton is a sh1thole.

And theirs me thinking you can go to Aston Clinton watch a game and take in the beautiful views of Buckinghamshire .Now how can that be termed as a sh1thole?

I assume you don't have the wide range of football experience I have, and you haven't had the misfortune to play on Aston Clinton's pitch.

I also can assure you that despite rumours, I can categorically deny that I'm Clifford Rhodes, despite being a great admirer of him.

Sounds very like our Cliff!......once again people telling me new things about myself.........your right pal i havent a clue about football......hahahahaha.

I'm glad we settled this arguement and we both agree that Aston Clinton is a sh1thole.

And theirs me thinking you can go to Aston Clinton watch a game and take in the beautiful views of Buckinghamshire .Now how can that be termed as a sh1thole?

Sorry double post bloody phone

It would be wrong for them to stay in division 1. What kind of message would it send out if they did stay up after being the worst team in the league.

Worst team in league?

Sport London e Benfica, Stony Stratford Twon, Welwyn Garden City and Berkhamsted are all far worse teams than Amersham.....

Your mental....you finished below everyone in the league that makes you the worst team in the league cause you lost more games then anyone else. The team that comes top is the best team in the league.....no one is saying they play the best looking football but they win games which gets you points...that's why there are leagues otherwise there would be no point. I don't care if you have the best pitch, clubhouse or changing rooms in the world your the worst team in the league cause you hardly won a game....end of

Love the Game - that's not strictly true.

Sport London e Benfica's record was expunged so we've done better than them. I can't be bothered to trawl through the rest of the teams to find reasons we're better than them - we just are! I'm convinced that if ref's weren't so biased against us we would be title challengers, which I strongly believe we will be next year, whether in Division Two or Division One.

Doog is King - Good observational skills, well done :brille008:

Boing Boing....you have lost the plot but what ever team is bottom of the league regardless of ground should be relegated end of.

Sport London e Benfica's record was expunged so we've done better than them. I can't be bothered to trawl through the rest of the teams to find reasons we're better than them - we just are! I'm convinced that if ref's weren't so biased against us we would be title challengers, which I strongly believe we will be next year, whether in Division Two or Division One.

Have any of those Ryman League Clubs tempted that tactical genius Chris Martin away from Amersham yet? cheesy%20(2).gif

Have any of those Ryman League Clubs tempted that tactical genius Chris Martin away from Amersham yet? cheesy%20(2).gif

Not yet, although Lawrence Lipka has a tough job on his hands keeping Chris and Paul away from the Ryman League. I've heard a rumour that Mr. Lipka is considering putting Mr. Martin and Mr. Gray on a paid contract to help stop the big clubs (Chesham United, Hemel Town and Tring Athletic) sniffing about.

Not wishing to enter what appears to be a private argument, but Stony Stratford finished below Amersham. With Benfica pulling out, that puts them third bottom., outside the bottom two relegation places.

Did not say they were brilliant, just pointing out a fact. Wish they were good always had a soft spot for them, as originally from the south bucks area myself. Also wish you guys had gone up WB, still there's always next season, but strange things sometimes happen between now and August anyway.

Ive seem Amersham twice this season. Worse team in divs 1 and 2. ! And they are worse than the rubbish I've seen from them in the past. Clueless useless and without direction. Tiny clubhouse. Poor hospitality and nightmare to get to. Travelled all the way from Oxfordshire to see abysmal football. Never again

I know grandad I was only joshing mate! Who do you follow? Spatacus meant to ask who you are with? Benfica were a strange side battered us everytime and were far and away in those games best side I have seen in a long time no reckon certain players only turned up every know and again cos if they had the team out that destroyed us 3 times that would have been a top Prem side.

Ive seem Amersham twice this season. Worse team in divs 1 and 2. ! And they are worse than the rubbish I've seen from them in the past. Clueless useless and without direction. Tiny clubhouse. Poor hospitality and nightmare to get to. Travelled all the way from Oxfordshire to see abysmal football. Never again

Spartacus7868 - I beg to differ particularly where the Clubhouse and their hospitality is concerned, the ground is also quite close to Amersham station on the Metropolitan Line with easy road access too so I can't quite see where you're coming from

Agreed - they get rid of up and coming Manager Dale Welch when he got them into a 7th place finish 2 years ago - on the pretext of getting in "local players".

Then the same chairman a year later hires the Manager of a team of University Students. - and they get 22 points from 40 games.

Clueless.

WB the teams I follow are under my user badge... Was born in Eton, lived in Burnham most my life and moved to Cheltenham 14 years ago. Used to watch loads of local teams back home which is why still interested in SSML. Followed Slough since 1986. Cleeve (next village from here) since moved down, and Barmouth for 20 years.

Boing boing is another Rhodes wind up, Maybe if winding people up and getting bites got you points then they would be a top class club, as they'll never achieve it by playing football