Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Have we a Manager yet?

Paul G

I am sure that the Committee have everything moving forward very well but who is our new manager?

I note from a CCL forum thread that the season starts on the 6th August which is approaching rapidly so we will need a manager in place pdq becasue the players will need to be signed up.

On that note, I hope Dave Mudge will be given the opportunity because of how well the players did under his guidance in the ZPL last season and the likelihood that many of those players may return if he is in the hot seat.......over to you Kevin and Fraser?

I am sure that the Committee have everything moving forward very well but who is our new manager?

I note from a CCL forum thread that the season starts on the 6th August which is approaching rapidly so we will need a manager in place pdq becasue the players will need to be signed up.

On that note, I hope Dave Mudge will be given the opportunity because of how well the players did under his guidance in the ZPL last season and the likelihood that many of those players may return if he is in the hot seat.......over to you Kevin and Fraser?

Not a dig but will those pemiership quality players want to play at Step 5 and will Mudge want to manage at step 5 with only peanuts to recruit players?

Imo i will be surprised if many or even if any of last seasons squad will be prepared to drop down to level 5!! It all depends on what the player budget is i suppose but i cant see it being as much as last season!!

I would love to believe the rumours that players genuinely want to come back and play at Windsor because they enjoyed it. I was thinking about it, if the highest level you would realistically play would be Conf South (for example) then would you play unhappily at that level or play happily at a lower level? If you then play at that lower level, with mates, and win trophies and stand a chance of an appearance at Wembley (FA Vase anyone?) there could be a serious incentive to play there.

Just my thoughts, and wouldn't it be great to see some of those players at CCL level.........

Money talks at every level with Players nowadays,most do not care at what level they play,if the money is right.Croydon Athletic were a great example of that,soon as the money dried up,the Management and Players were gone like a shot.They did cry though and kiss the badge which was heart rending on the day.But it later transpired they had not been paid for a Month.

You will certainly find out which players are devoted to Windsor, and which are motivated by money alone.

Heard a rumour that Jamie Jarvis has thrown his hat into the ring.

Maybe he should pick it up, put it back on his head and walk away........

He would guarantee you promotion.

He would guarantee us a certain style of football that I would personally not like to see. My opinion obviously. But anyone remember the playoffs, didn't exactly cover himself in glory....

I should get a move on, pre-season training starts in a couple of weeks and then there's friendlies to arrange, players to talk to etc.

I should get a move on, pre-season training starts in a couple of weeks and then there's friendlies to arrange, players to talk to etc.

I have to agree Reading Reb, the kick off is getting closer! Have we a manager yet?

• 2 weeks later...

Decision imminent

.......... that's what they all say !!!!

coffee%20(2).gif

Make sure we know on the CCL Forum, so we can update the thread concerned. I look forward to meeting old (in the nicest possible way), faces in the coming season.

Edited by Big J R

Will be interesting to see who is named manager on Monday or Tuesday and what sort of team is put together for the season ahead! But whatever team is put together i must say i'm really looking for ward to visiting new places this season and the challenge ahead!! Look forward to seeing all the OLD faces myself this season!! lol!!

It won't be Dave Mudge:

Dave Mudge, the former Windsor & Eton manager, has announced that he will not be the new manager of the newly formed Windsor FC.

Following several meetings with the new committee and having heard nothing since being interviewed at the Runnymede hotel some five weeks ago, Mudge added that he wished everyone involved with the newly formed club a succesfull season at step 5 in the non-league pyramid.

Commenting, Mudge (pictured) stated that it was a shame that he would not be there next season after such a great experience last year which saw Windsor & Eton chasing a play-off spot until its unfortunate demise.

It won't be Dave Mudge:

Dave Mudge, the former Windsor & Eton manager, has announced that he will not be the new manager of the newly formed Windsor FC.

Following several meetings with the new committee and having heard nothing since being interviewed at the Runnymede hotel some five weeks ago, Mudge added that he wished everyone involved with the newly formed club a succesfull season at step 5 in the non-league pyramid.

Commenting, Mudge (pictured) stated that it was a shame that he would not be there next season after such a great experience last year which saw Windsor & Eton chasing a play-off spot until its unfortunate demise.

My vote is for Byron or Dave Anderson (who unlikely to leave Slough)....actually anyone except Keith Scott!

I don't know who the new manager will be but can probably make a very good guess.....I wish him all the best and hope he can achieve success in the future.

Having said that I believe I/we should acknowledge Dave's fantastic efforts last season.....in particular the matches against Leamington, Hednesford, Chesham (twice), Chippenham, Cambridge City and the 'contest' with Truro. The fact that Dave formed an entertaining team with little money, to play the way they did was highly commendable and something I will always remember. I just hope that we don't regret not giving him the job.