Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Have we a Manager yet?

Paul G

Whilst we'd all love to get on with a new manager, and we'd all love that new manager to have no baggage, unless he comes from Mars (and I dont mean Gupta the belt cleaner at the factory on that Trading Estate on the wrong side of the river) he's gonna have some history to him..so new club, new manager isnt really a reason to appoint or not appoint someone.

On 3rd Feb 2011 we didnt have a Football Club - everyone has worked extremely hard to get to the stage where we are able to have a conversation about Managers. So, are we supporting our new Football Club or not?

Peter Sutcliffe could pick the first team, Barry George could be first team coach and Colonel Gaddafi the kit man for all I care. I was gutted when WEFC went, I was over the moon when Kevin & Co put WFC together and I'm looking forward to 16th July 2011 and cheering my team on.

PS. I heard a rumour Homer has been in the South of France taking his UEFA A badges at the Stella Artois Soccer Academy - now that would be a turn up for the books...

Am I wrong in saying that most Windsor supporters choice for manager would have been Dave Mudge.

He obviously wanted the job, had an interview and because he hasn't been contacted for 5 weeks, which seems a tad uncourteous and unprofessional, is now probably going to manage another team. TBH I'm a bit surprised you Windsor supporters are not a lot more gutted about this outcome.

BTW, unless I've missed something you have arranged friendlies and seem to be on the verge of naming a new manager yet no news on whether you've managed to re-new the lease on Stag Meadow?

A bit left field but what about Dave Woozley as player / manager...?

He strikes me as a level-headed guy, intelligent with a bit of command about him.

Can't imagine there's going to be much money around for the next year or 2 so someone learning the ropes might be our best bet.

Got a feeling theres going to be a few unhappy people on here tomorrow!!!

I have heard that Keith Scott will be the new manager. What a joke !!!!

I don't understand why Dave Mudge was not given the job as he did want it and did a fantastic job last season.

I think Kevin Stott and Keith Scott must be very good friends but I don't think too many people will be happy with this appointment ( If it's true )

Edited by WCW

It won't be Dave Mudge:

Dave Mudge, the former Windsor & Eton manager, has announced that he will not be the new manager of the newly formed Windsor FC.

Following several meetings with the new committee and having heard nothing since being interviewed at the Runnymede hotel some five weeks ago, Mudge added that he wished everyone involved with the newly formed club a succesfull season at step 5 in the non-league pyramid.

Commenting, Mudge (pictured) stated that it was a shame that he would not be there next season after such a great experience last year which saw Windsor & Eton chasing a play-off spot until its unfortunate demise.

My vote is for Byron or Dave Anderson (who unlikely to leave Slough)....actually anyone except Keith Scott!

Definately not Keith Scott. It would certainly be a kick in the teeth for everybody that Windsor owed money to and morally very wrong.

Edited by WCW

I'll welcome Kevin's choice including that of Keith Scott should he be in the running. I'm not turning up each Saturday to moan about what happened in the past, there is a new club to support!

Couldn't agree more.

As one who is not in the inner circle the only negative words I have heard about Keith Scott came from the mouth of one Peter Simpson....

If Stott considers Scott to be the right man to entrust the future to then that is absolutely good enough for me.

I'll welcome Kevin's choice including that of Keith Scott should he be in the running. I'm not turning up each Saturday to moan about what happened in the past, there is a new club to support!

Couldn't agree more.

As one who is not in the inner circle the only negative words I have heard about Keith Scott came from the mouth of one Peter Simpson....

If Stott considers Scott to be the right man to entrust the future to then that is absolutely good enough for me.

On a positive note : At least the club will be up and running and playing football again no matter who is in charge !!

And Kevin Stott is the Chairman, so the choice is his.

Edited by WCW

Have to agree with WCW on this one the appointment of Keith Scott even though he will be a top manager at this level is morally wrong. We may never get to the bottom of how the old club got into such a mess but the appointment of the manager who agreed to player bonuses amounting to thousands of pounds when the club was already in huge dept is just not right or fair on the people who were owed money!! I'm sure Scott will do a great job but even so it shouldnt happen!

Have to agree with WCW on this one the appointment of Keith Scott even though he will be a top manager at this level is morally wrong. We may never get to the bottom of how the old club got into such a mess but the appointment of the manager who agreed to player bonuses amounting to thousands of pounds when the club was already in huge dept is just not right or fair on the people who were owed money!! I'm sure Scott will do a great job but even so it shouldnt happen!

If it is to be Keith Scott then so be it,as long as he brings Jim back with him,don't forget he was the one who got the players as fit as they were,as to the bonuses the players got surely that was down to the previous chairman who agreed to the demands of the players,wasn't the deal smaller wages but better bonuses & then of course we went nearly through the season without a defeat which nobody could have expected such a run Keith can only be congratulated for that feat which we all enjoyed,well I assume we did.

Yes a little arrogant but aren't all the best managers like that,I say that having supported Derby County through Mr Clough Sr's reign & there was no one more arrogant than him.

Just let us all get on & support the new club & the new manager whoever it may be

Absolutely agree.

My understanding was that the clubs debts were c,£250k I am not sure that the bonus payments were quite that much and didn't they win an industrial tribunial proving that there was no overspend on what was agreed anyway". I think we may be guilty of buying all that was told us by the previous chairman. Laying the blame for the demise of the old club at their door is unfair in my opinion.

If it is to be Keith Scott then so be it,as long as he brings Jim back with him,don't forget he was the one who got the players as fit as they were,as to the bonuses the players got surely that was down to the previous chairman who agreed to the demands of the players,wasn't the deal smaller wages but better bonuses & then of course we went nearly through the season without a defeat which nobody could have expected such a run Keith can only be congratulated for that feat which we all enjoyed,well I assume we did.

Yes a little arrogant but aren't all the best managers like that,I say that having supported Derby County through Mr Clough Sr's reign & there was no one more arrogant than him.

Just let us all get on & support the new club & the new manager whoever it may be

But isn't that the same as cheating when you get players on the never never.

Theres nothing wrong with being arrogant but Clough Senior did it with his own clubs money not other peoples.

As a new fan can someone explain to me why Keith Scott is so unpopular please.

Keith Scott is a good manager, but it would be morally wrong to give the job to him as he played a big part in the financial demise of the old club. He obviously persuaded and easily led the Chairman at the time into giving him the playing budget and staff budget monies the club could not afford. This benefited his own managerial reputation as he then got promoted with an exceedingly high budget. Then took the club to court when they could not afford to pay him or his staff. So in fact he actually played a large part in getting the club to where it is today. Dave Mudge showed how it should be done last season on an average budget and thats why it would have been nice to see him back. Mudge is local, does a great job at managing both football and commercially and has the club at heart, even if he can talk the hind legs off a donkey. If Scott does get the job again it would be interesting to see what his budget demands would be as the season goes on. I see it as a step back to square one and think that others " especially those who are owed money " would very much frown upon this immorality.

Edited by WCW

As a new fan can someone explain to me why Keith Scott is so unpopular please.

Keith Scott is a good manager, but it would be morally wrong to give the job to him as he played a big part in the financial demise of the old club. He obviously persuaded and easily led the Chairman at the time into giving him the playing budget and staff budget monies the club could not afford. This benefited his own managerial reputation as he then got promoted with an exceedingly high budget. Then took the club to court when they could not afford to pay him or his staff. So in fact he actually played a large part in getting the club to where it is today. Dave Mudge showed how it should be done last season on an average budget and thats why it would have been nice to see him back. Mudge is local, does a great job at managing both football and commercially and has the club at heart. If Scott does get the job again it would be interesting to see what his budget demands would be as the season goes on. I see it as a step back to square one and think that others " especially those who are owed money " would very much frown upon this immorality.

Well said WCW!!!

So anything will do as long as we have a club.

mmmmm!!!!!!

Edited by WCW