Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Castle United Pre season

• 1 month later...

What were aldborough athletic like Castle?

They're the old Faces FC team. Finished 8th of 13 last season but then you probably know that.

Edited by Hookey

An organised side but at times more interested in trying to kick our players than play football. Could easily of had 2 sent off 1st half in a competetive game. Had energetic strikers but they had very little service and even cosidering we were missing 5 of our first 11 we never needed to leave 1st gear. Compared to the Division 1 sides we played last year I'd predict a similar finishing position as last year for them. But saying that I don't know the strength of the side they put out.

• 2 weeks later...

Hannakins Farm 2 Castle United 2

Good run out for us against a strong hannakins farm team. Was pleased with performance from our lads, We

had majority of possession but credit to them they worked very hard off the ball and made it difficult for us. Their 1st goal was extremely sloppy from our point of view and easily avoidable and would have been nice to put away a couple more of our chances but football was very good and encouraging for upcoming season.

Edited by Rowlatt7

Runwell Hospital 2 Castle United 1

Castle had some quality players in their midfield playing well below their level. A good test for us and probably a draw would have been a fair result

I agree, i would rather forget about your 2nd goal as well. Was a good final friendly for us and although finishing could have been better the overall performance was encouraging. look forward to our first league game now, hopefully we can get off to a good start.

Good luck in your opener Boycie01