Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

New Manager - Shock Announcement

Flashman

Oh dear,according to the Windsor Express,the 2 top contenders for the job Byron Walton and Keith Scott have been offered jobs at other Clubs.The mystery deepens,so if you were in the original applicants sit by the phone.Could do worse than give Yossa Hughes a ring.

Beaconsfield SYCOB's website has an announcement that Byron Walton is the new manager......

Another club for him to relegate

Oh dear,according to the Windsor Express,the 2 top contenders for the job Byron Walton and Keith Scott have been offered jobs at other Clubs.The mystery deepens,so if you were in the original applicants sit by the phone.Could do worse than give Yossa Hughes a ring.

Maybe they should call Mr Mudge and apologise for not giving the job to him in the first place and showing their full support for a manager who was clearly very devoted to the club before he takes up a position somewhere else. Sooner they offer it to him the better I say as the club could not go far wrong with a manager of his calibre. Especially with him being a Windsor man full with experience at a higher level and having all the contacts he seems to have. What more could a new club be hoping for.

Edited by WCW

Beaconsfield SYCOB's website has an announcement that Byron Walton is the new manager......

Think that’s a bit harsh. Byron was most Windsor fans first choice for manager.

If it’s true he's taken over a Beaconsfield then good luck to him. Let’s not forget we are step5 now and Beaconsfield are step4. It probably wasn't a too difficult decision for him to make.

Incidentally I see Ian Ridley has taken over as chairman at St Albans. I think he was the bloke who spent a sack full of cash at Weymouth and appointed Steve Claridge as manager.

I'm sure Keith Scott will enjoy a decent budget if the rumour in the Windsor express is true.

Back to the Windsor job. Personally I think we need somebody with a proven record at step5 and also somebody with good contacts particularly in the local area.

I can't believe I'm saying this but would Jamie Jarvis not be a ideal candidate.

In saying that Mudge probably does deserve another shot at it but it seems he's out of favour which is a shame.

Edited by Mrs_Cat

I have to agree with Terence. Byron Walton is, in my opinion, a poor team manager who somehow manages to get himself jobs despite at best a very average track record.

I am amazed that Colin Millard hasnt been mentioned in passing in relation to this job. He worked miracles at my club, Reading Town, without resources. He has many years experience of the Combined Counties and is regarded highly by the majority in the Hellenic League. Having watched local non league football for over 35 years I believe him to be the best young manager/coach I have seen for many a year and cannot understand why he's not been mentioned. I would happily place a bet with any other poster in this forum that he would probably do a better for the club than any of the other names being suggested.

Think that’s a bit harsh. Byron was most Windsor fans first choice for manager.

If it’s true he's taken over a Beaconsfield then good luck to him. Let’s not forget we are step5 now and Beaconsfield are step4. It probably wasn't a too difficult decision for him to make.

Incidentally I see Ian Ridley has taken over as chairman at St Albans. I think he was the bloke who spent a sack full of cash at Weymouth and appointed Steve Claridge as manager.

I'm sure Keith Scott will enjoy a decent budget if the rumour in the Windsor express is true.

Back to the Windsor job. Personally I think we need somebody with a proven record at step5 and also somebody with good contacts particularly in the local area.

I can't believe I'm saying this but would Jamie Jarvis not be a ideal candidate.

In saying that Mudge probably does deserve another shot at it but it seems he's out of favour which is a shame.

Edited by readingron

Well it would say a lot about Mr Stott and the new regime if he went back to Mudge and offered him the job, knowing that despite his obvious love of the club he may actually turn it down after being snubbed.

Windsor FC is offering Fans to become founder members (in exchange for their money of course) so should the powers that be listen to the Fans views and be a bit more transparent and open with them?

On a positive note the publicity generated by the saga has to be good for the new club :applaus:

Edited by Green Pea

a football coach with a proven record at step 5, has one trophies at step 5, very committed, knows a wealth of players at step 5 and step 4, would do wonders with a budget in excess of £700..........

You could do worse than Koo Dumbaya.

Well it would say a lot about Mr Stott and the new regime if he went back to Mudge and offered him the job, knowing that despite his obvious love of the club he may actually turn it down after being snubbed.

Windsor FC is offering Fans to become founder members (in exchange for their money of course) so should the powers that be listen to the Fans views and be a bit more transparent and open with them?

On a positive note the publicity generated by the saga has to be good for the new club :applaus:

or could be negative publicity ! Doesnt give the chairman or new regime much credit with the fans !

Lets be honest here, new club, new everything, but no manager, and its mid june! Thats not great. It only leaves a few weeks for a manager to start getting a squad together and i would say 90% of players already know where they are playing football next season!

Very well said Green Pea, but if its in the best interest of the club and its what a large proportion of the supporters want, then thats surely what they should do. If Dave Mudge is not employed somewhere else yet then I would have thought he would accept the Windsor Job, especially considering the support he seems to have behind him by a vast amount of supporters.

or could be negative publicity ! Doesnt give the chairman or new regime much credit with the fans !

Lets be honest here, new club, new everything, but no manager, and its mid june! Thats not great. It only leaves a few weeks for a manager to start getting a squad together and i would say 90% of players already know where they are playing football next season!

Well I'm sat in an office in Windsor JJ and I've been chatting about the situation at Windsor FC and some of the guys didn't even know there was a new club and are now talking about poping down to watch some games if they get up and running in time for the new season (which I'm encouraging). All publicity can help one way or another, raising awareness and getting more people through the turnstiles will be most welcome I'm sure and lets face it, news/rumours/gossip of this nature is usually more interesting that the actual announcement!

managers have been hassling players for weeks now to get them down to their club to do pre season. Windsor fc dont even have one player committed to the club. They are so far behind in preparation. I just thought that the new regime would have been more interested in getting up and running instead of getting the absolute right man for the job.

I know Colin Millard quite well and although I am sure he would be interested, he has enjoyed the enforced break he has had and I also know that he is not available for the whole of August due to a personal committment.

I also know Mudge and Jarvis and I think either of them would be the best choice.

Mudgey was there and appears to have good commercial contacts to bring in much needed cash. He also has a good grasp of players in the Windsor/Slough area.

Likewise, Jarvo knows the area well and has already got one team out of Step 5 and then two sides into play-off contention at Step 4.

a football coach with a proven record at step 5, has one trophies at step 5, very committed, knows a wealth of players at step 5 and step 4, would do wonders with a budget in excess of £700..........

You could do worse than Koo Dumbaya.

Good post Jonno. However Koo is in a job. What they need is a manager

with the above credentials who is currently looking for a job.

Is there anyone you know ?

:cool:

Personally as a new Club I would hope that they would be looking for a New Manager altogether,and a period of stabilisation to occur.Were the previous Managers able to achieve success on a low Budget,is the question that should be asked,if not why have them back.

Very well said Green Pea, but if its in the best interest of the club and its what a large proportion of the supporters want, then thats surely what they should do. If Dave Mudge is not employed somewhere else yet then I would have thought he would accept the Windsor Job, especially considering the support he seems to have behind him by a vast amount of supporters.

Dave Mudge was interviewed for the job,according to the Maidenhead Advertiser by Windsor F.C. 5 weeks ago.But was overlooked.

Dave Mudge was interviewed for the job,according to the Maidenhead Advertiser by Windsor F.C. 5 weeks ago.But was overlooked.

Does it not seem strange that he obviously wanted the job but was overlooked after doing such a good job last season. Who the hell do Windsor expect to get thats any better.

Now we hear the two managers Kevin Stott was after are now interested in other jobs. That really shows where their priorities lie. How long would they have been at Windsor before something better came along anyway. It all sounds very strange to me !!!!

Maybe Kevin will be managing the team himself, you never know !!!

Edited by WCW

Maybe the Club are getting their main priorities in place first,Ground without which no Club can survive,Finance,maybe the supporters take up on the sponsorship project,has not been as well taken up,as expected.Interesting topic though.

Maybe the Club are getting their main priorities in place first,Ground without which no Club can survive,Finance,maybe the supporters take up on the sponsorship project,has not been as well taken up,as expected.Interesting topic though.

In the real world £250 quid for really a season ticket and a brick with your name on it at Combined counties level is a bit much for the average man on the street! Yes it's for 'founder' membership but try telling that to your Wife, kids, Goldfish!

Wish the best of luck to the new club but it's been run by the man who brought the 'running' track to Stag Meadow!