Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

THE OFFICIAL HISTORY OF HORNCHURCH FC

Dagger03

"Biased Bob - the only mention of supporters is Harry Martin, as Max has sent me an appreciation of Harry Martin, and I feel it must be included in both the book and on the disc - if anyone has any decent photo of Harry, or of any of the players, I can include these also on the disc (but not in the book, due to the cost of printing in colour)."

No one can argue with that decision Dagger.

'Arry will be an Urchin legend for ever !!!!

bob you dont need to be in a book every lino in england knows of you , it is rummerd that you alone were our 12th man we need you back ornchurch needs you COME ON BACK

I will be at the West Ham game Sir Gary and will make an effort to get to more home and away games this season.

Took last season off. Only watched one game and that was Bognor's last home game which they won. So i made arrangements with some Bognor supporters to meet up with them at both home and away games next season because we were sure Bognor would get promoted. They got stuffed 4-1 in the play off semi.

No one saw that one coming.

• 4 weeks later...

UPDATE - THE OFFICIAL HISTORY OF HORNCHURCH FC

The book is £10

The disc is an optional extra and is £2 – the disc will not be sold separately.

The book is A4 in size and has almost 200 pages.

Content –

History of HFC from 1923 to date, including Upminster Wanderers, Upminster FC, Hornchurch & Upminster FC, Hornchurch FC, and AFC Hornchurch

Colin McBride – from a Chairman’s perspective

In the beginning – Hornchurch FC in the 1880s

The ‘Karl’ years

Review of 2010-11 by Peter Butcher

A mad day in May by Max

Del Edkins – president

64 years at Hornchurch by Ray Stainer

Jim Bradshaw by Ray Stainer

‘Arry (Harry Martin) by Max

The George Burchell Collection

The Bridge – a chronological history.

Player summary – this section lists every player, the seasons he played, and appearances and goals.

Connections – this section lists over 800 players, and their previous and subsequent clubs.

Connections – as above, but for managers of the club.

Line ups – all known line ups from 1923 to 1945

Line ups – all line ups from 1946 onwards

The DISC has the following extras, which were simply too large to go into the book –

Summary of appearances per player – 91 pages

Summary of players’ appearances season by season – 68 pages

Line ups for pre-season matches from 1960 – prior to 1960 pre-season matches were not permitted and were confined to Reds v Blues – 4 pages

Line ups from 1923 to date in A to Z order – 55 pages.

Capital League – this section lists Capital League known line ups.

Photos – some are scanned in from programmes, and the remainder were supplied by Rob Monger

Programmes – scans of programmes

I have reserved copies for everyone who has replied to this thread but I do not know who you all are - so when you come into the club shop to collect the book / disc, could you please let me know what your forum name is.

Annie - I have got your email and have put book and disc aside for you.

The disc also includes all league tables, highest appearances (everyone who has played 100 games or more), highest scorers, (40 goals or more), team photos from 1954, 1991, 1994, 1996 and 2000, and in total there are now over 500 pages of material included on the disc.

Don't forget the Hungarian sour cherry asked for one.

The OFFICIAL HISTORY will be on sale tonight at the Tonbridge match - price £10 for the book, £2 for the disc (disc will not be sold separately).

I have reserved copies for everyone who has contacted me, either by email or on this forum.

If anyone else wants a copy reserved, let me know by 5 pm tonight.