Welcome to the new sotware Read more... ×
Fans Focus - Non League football clubs
Sign in to follow this  
CANV EFM

nicely handled

have to admit that the presence of so many OB was truly baffling...
If I'd paid my rates in Essex I'd be a trifle concerned LOL<p>without a doubt you deserved the win,
that was never in any doubt, though had to have a chuckle at a few of yours after the final whistle...

i saw a couple of vans on the way in but only one pretty friendly looking officer inside the ground.. there was some trouble last time which was mentioned on the various message boards so there you go.. if a steward got heavy handed there would be all hell to pay so the police were there.. such is life in todays world of legal action..

Okay okay okay okay... time to clear up a few loose ends:<p>1. The whole "EFM" concept is one big joke. Everybody knows that (at least, I thought they did). As other City supporters have pointed out, feel free to check out their website if you require further clarification of this. I would have thought that any interpretation of messages left on various websites over the last few weeks were self-mocking. <p>2. For the record, I think Canvey are best team in the league this season (hurts to say it, but there you go). <p>3. Football supporters mock each other. Fact of life. It seems more extreme in the Ryman league when you don't that often get more than two dozen away supporters, but it's only what happens week in week out in every senior league in Britain.<p>4. Canvey is a small club that has done very well. Getting from a county league to the Conference in such a short space of time deserves applause. But if you think City are bad... how on earth are you going to cope next season against Doncaster, Hayes, Dover, Boston and other clubs with genuine recorded hooligan problems? If Canvey have difficulty coping with a dozen or so sixth formers from the home counties, I wonder what'll happen when Doncaster bring their 200 or so skinheads down for their big weekend in Essex. <p>5. I won't comment on last Saturday's match, because I didn't go. My experience of the first match at Park Lane wasn't one I'd care to repeat in a hurry. <p>It seems to me that four meat wagons for eight people is a slight over-reaction. Better stewarding may well be the answer, but training stewards costs money.<p>Good luck for the rest of the season - the offer for the friendly match still holds, by the way.

I have to say that those people from St Albans posting on this board are naive to say the least - I didnt read the original message, but reading the posting above, with its comments, would have made me concerned.<p>No wonder there was such a police presence on Saturday.<p>What is even more worrying is that these people seem totally unable to appreciate why there attitude and postings have caused a problem - wake up lads, there have been too many violent incidents at football matches in years gone by for anyone to ignore your postings. If you want to travel to away games & get drunk, and have a bit of fun along the way - great - but dont take it too far ( & dont brag about it, even in jest, as things can easily be miconstrued)<p>I have to say that there were over 2100 at our game with Canvey earlier this year, hardly a sighting of a police officer was made and there was never any hint of crowd trouble, despite the high profile nature of the game. Indeed, some fans even had a bit of fun, when the floodlights failed, and it was all accepted in the good humour in which it was meant - so EFM, you can have fun, without creating fears over crowd safety, etc, etc.

just a couple of small points before i go to bed (Trev, you're up far too late)<p>1. How did we intimidate anyone? we stayed at our end and sang, we shut up when we were in a mixed area, if anyone was looking to intimidate it was the Canvey supporters who stood at our end.<p>2. As we have a quote feature on this board, can someone actually find a threat of violence or something to that effect and post it as i'm finding it very hard to actually find one.<p>PS as for all the comments about my coat, i'm afraid you can't buy it in next, river island, top shop or any sports shop kind of ruling out everywhere that you people shop.
And trust me i am very much a 2000's pimp!

So "The police have people dedicated to reading message boards at every level".<p>If you are reading this P.C.9999, what's the salary, and how do I apply when I'm older [please]?<p>Oh. One more small thing. How do I get The Saints crest thing above my posting rather than that stupid smiley face that Mr Webbo gave me?<p>[ 26 February 2002: This message was edited by: Samantha (aged 9) ]</p>

The 'two foot high midgets' were in fact ball boys. as everyone knows stewards have to be at least three foot high.<p>Seriously, stewards are all volunteers and are there to assist and marshall supporters round the ground and encourage them to behave in a responsible manner and keep to the basic rules of good behaviour. They are not there to get involved in fights with unruly 'supporters' or to police the ground, that's why the police were there. I do think, however, that Saturday's police presence was a little 'overkill'.