Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

The Guernsey Thread

Guru,are you a crapaud on a wind up,the Green Lions forum on the Guernsey F.C. Official Site is hardly any better, posts supposedly from ex pats, mention Death threats and the Hartley FIRM.Have ever read such rubbish.Must be kids posting.

I like the way you suddenly stop mouthing of when you have been told by your fellow islanders to back of everyone is entitled to there own opinion good or bad but those opinions should be reigned in to a point in which they don't become offensive and inconsiderate of others yes we have banter and yes sometimes it can get a little heated but the things you have come up with go beyond the point outrages and maybe you need to learn a thing or too football players don't volunteer its not a charity its a game played for the love and entertainment for your team and country and you are rubbing noses in it even your fellow islanders have said that theres a difference between fact and opinion your not stating fact your stating your opinion we don't talk drivel we talk football and other related things

I have no intention of suddenly stopping voicing my opinion for anyone, Guernsey or none Guernsey. Reigned in? Offensive? Inconsiderate? why not try Honest, Realistic and yes, Controversial. If Guernsey had been beaten yesterday this site would have been alive with 'what was all the noise about' I would have had to put up with all of that so it is only right that I am allowed to make reciprocal opinions. In these opinions I honestly believe that I have said and done nothing wrong

Keep Digging Guru.

Dont worry I will

Guru,are you a crapaud on a wind up,the Green Lions forum on the Guernsey F.C. Official Site is hardly any better, posts supposedly from ex pats, mention Death threats and the Hartley FIRM.Have ever read such rubbish.Must be kids posting.

Smudge lets not even sink to that level. The comments are obviously made in gest by a group of guys who are meeting up before watching the game. The death threat comment was a joke about a 7 year old at Horley. Again give me personally all the grief you like regarding my comments but please dont mis report things like this, I have been told before that you do a lot of good for the game and this type of inaccurate comment can be very damaging

maybe not Guru.

If that is a threat to bin me off the site then just do it. Just because I am not saying what you want to hear doesnt make my opinions any less valid than yours. It seems that you police this website for your own good and use it as a personal platform. Your last comment was outrageous but who is going to bin you?? You cannot just pick and choose your favourite comments/posters. You are a hypocrite and you are abusing your powers

Smudge lets not even sink to that level. The comments are obviously made in gest by a group of guys who are meeting up before watching the game. The death threat comment was a joke about a 7 year old at Horley. Again give me personally all the grief you like regarding my comments but please dont mis report things like this, I have been told before that you do a lot of good for the game and this type of inaccurate comment can be very damaging

Go to the Green Lions Forum and have a look for yourself.

Do guernsey have a firm?? Are they very naughty ???

lol nope. Absolutely no firm and noone is "pwapper nawwtee". I would be appalled if anyone even tries to claim that there is.

Lol,had a friend who went to the game yesterday,don't think he is home yet but I spoke to him last night and he said everything about guernsey is Ryman league/connie south.He thought you would be more than a match for the majority of ryman one sides and possibly prem.In his opinion,guernsey will walk the league.

Anyway,seeing as guernsey could be in the ryman prem in the next 3/4 years and I don't like flying,is their a passenger/vehicle ferry from France to the island???

maybe not Guru.

If that is a threat to bin me off the site then just do it. Just because I am not saying what you want to hear doesnt make my opinions any less valid than yours. It seems that you police this website for your own good and use it as a personal platform. Your last comment was outrageous but who is going to bin you?? You cannot just pick and choose your favourite comments/posters. You are a hypocrite and you are abusing your powers

Police this website cheesy%20(2).gif Me.Using it as personal platform,cheesy%20(2).gif My last comment was taken directly from the Green Lions forum yes it was outrageous by whoever was allowed to post it on an Official Site.I HAVE NO POWERS.Wrong on 4 counts in 1 post GURU.Sums you up to a tee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

maybe not Guru.

Police this website cheesy%20(2).gif Me.Using it as personal platform,cheesy%20(2).gif My last comment was taken directly from the Green Lions forum yes it was outrageous by whoever was allowed to post it on an Official Site.I HAVE NO POWERS.Wrong on 4 counts in 1 post GURU.Sums you up to a tee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Smudge that is complete bollox and you know it is. The website refers to a 7 year old child at Horley and the guys talking on the site are arranging to meet up for a beer before the game. They are obviously joking because there is only going to be a few of them, the ironic use of the word firm is a joke. This sums you up completely, choosing to pick the meaty bits of gossip, not reading the thread through, taking every opportunity to raise issues for Guernsey even if they are lies/inaccuracies. Gutter press, nothing at all to do with football and potentially harmful. Read the thread again and then apologise.

Again I know that my posts do not suit everyones taste but this type of rubbish makes me look like a complete angel!

i myself have read guerneys forum and there is talk of death threats and FIRMs so unlucky gg smudge isn't making anything up nor does he police this site often he is the one being policed :P smudges powers are stretched at editing and deleting posts wow now thats like having a PCSO no powers

Edited by jackd

i myself have read guerneys forum and there is talk of death threats and FIRMs so unlucky gg smudge isn't making anything up nor does he police this site often he is the one being policed :P smudges powers are stretched at editing and deleting posts wow now thats like having a PCSO no powers

Not correct Jack I cannot do either.

yes there's talk of a death threat from a 7 year old ballboy at Horley and talk of HW's firm. But it's clearly all tongue in cheek.

There is talk on there about nearest pub for HW, can anyone help or is the clubhouse a good one? Also, admission cost and whether there'll be a programme - which I assume is yes under league rules.

Are you for real?? The talk of death threats was a joke about a 7 year old child and the use of the word 'firm' is a joke about the small group of Guernsey supporters attending the game. Unlucky?? I am astounded that you can agree with these comments and take them so far out of context. This makes Guernsey sound like some sort of travelling war machine, when in fact it is a few blokes meeting up for a beer before watching the game. I know I have upset loads of you but I ask all readers to check out the GFC forum so that you can read the truth