Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

The Guernsey Thread

Ryan Zico Black,ex Conference Player,played last season in Australia.Played 1st half against Horley,dropped down 6 levels to play for Guernsey F.C. In C.C.L.1.Alledgely for nothing.

He's from Guernsey Smudge, that's why he plays for nothing.

http://nifootball.bl...zico-black.html

Was a Northern Ireland U21 player.

AND he's written a book about being a non-league footballer!!!!

http://www.amazon.co...ntt_at_ep_dpt_1

This is getting weirder and weirder. One good review from someone from G and one bad review from 3rd August from a jackD - is that our jackD?? cheesy%20(2).gif

Edited by bomaya

<br />Ryan Zico Black,ex Conference Player,played last season in Australia.Played 1st half against Horley,dropped down 6 levels to play for Guernsey F.C. In C.C.L.1.Alledgely for nothing.<br />
<br /><br /><br />

Posts like this dont really help. Zico had not played in the conference for a few seasons as I seem to recall. He played last season in guernsey for the club he played before trying his luck in England.

<br />If he does Fair Play to him,but by my reckoning if the crowds keep rising at Footes Lane,Guernsey will make a profit.<br />
<br /><br /><br />

Not sure how you work that out, do you know the other costs involved? Hire if pitch etc? With no doubt a fair few people getting free tickets, sponsors etc, my reckoning would be that crowds would need to increase massively. Knowing guernsey crowds as I do, I doubt if it will, only a really big game like a chance of winning the league (IF that happens) would the crowd increase. Once the premier league starts allot of fair-weather fans will stay at home and watch the tv.

To hopefully show we are all not tossers in guernsey, if anyone is coming over and needs any help or advice then please send me a PM and I will do my best to assist.

Ryan Zico Black,ex Conference Player,played last season in Australia.Played 1st half against Horley,dropped down 6 levels to play for Guernsey F.C. In C.C.L.1.Alledgely for nothing.

He's from Guernsey Smudge, that's why he plays for nothing.

http://nifootball.bl...zico-black.html

Was a Northern Ireland U21 player.

AND he's written a book about being a non-league footballer!!!!

http://www.amazon.co...ntt_at_ep_dpt_1

This is getting weirder and weirder. One good review from someone from G and one bad review from 3rd August from a jackD - is that our jackD?? cheesy%20(2).gif

Definitely our JackD,he is a cardcheesy%20(2).gif

To hopefully show we are all not tossers in guernsey, if anyone is coming over and needs any help or advice then please send me a PM and I will do my best to assist.

What would be helpful to all supporters is directions to Footes Lane from the airport,Recomended hostelries,eatiers etc.

I would use a sat nav, lol! We do not have any roads that are like A or B roads in the Uk. Or perhaps use google maps as it would take a while to write down the exact instructions.

Plenty of good eating places in the town centre. Footes lane is in St. Peter port but a bit of a walk from the town centre.

Edited by Guernsey

Gsy-spurs, guernsey and trebor on this post alone you have made me feel very comfortable talking football with your team however the posts i have come up against from GG in particular have ruined it for me i started of as a skeptic because i didn't believe a team from so far way should be in the ccl however they were allowed in and i had to deal with the but then i came up against people who act as though they are miles better and if you are then well done and good luck progressing that goes to any supporters and players who'd not feel like BTCs and don't feel they need to be bad winners and rub it in our faces so what when u lose we can make posts saying how appalling your team is you have played knappers once and you think there terrible and u can piss all over us well one game means nothing in my book it takes years to get a club formed and to the level we have here in ccl so don't spoil that just coz u have money to waste like earlier said ur footing the bill because u chose to come and play footy here not our problem GG your not helping to make us welcome you with the kind of posts you come out with even if your not ryman standard I'm sure you will go buy your way there so what does it matter in some ways i hope you do then we will be shot of ur attitude

Edited by jackd

Gsy-spurs, guernsey and trebor on this post alone you have made me feel very comfortable talking football with your team however the posts i have come up against from GG in particular have ruined it for me i started of as a skeptic because i didn't believe a team from so far way should be in the ccl however they were allowed in and i had to deal with the but then i came up against people who act as though they are miles better and if you are then well done and good luck progressing that goes to any supporters and players who'd not feel like BTCs and don't feel they need to be bad winners and rub it in our faces so what when u lose we can make posts saying how appalling your team is you have played knappers once and you think there terrible and u can piss all over us well one game means nothing in my book it takes years to get a club formed and to the level we have here in ccl so don't spoil that just coz u have money to waste like earlier said ur footing the bill because u chose to come and play footy here not our problem GG your not helping to make us welcome you with the kind of posts you come out with even if your not ryman standard I'm sure you will go buy your way there so what does it matter in some ways i hope you do then we will be shot of ur attitude

Can I just say Guernsey Guru is not representitive of Guernsey people or Guernsey supporters and when I find out who he is, and I will, I will be giving him a lesson in how to be a proper football supporter and how to respect everybody in football, especially after you have won a match. In my experience you will get a massive bite in the [****!!****] if you make such stupid statements as he has made.

Guys I told no lies and as some of you have said before this forum is for opinions, good and bad. Debate you said everyone is entitled to their opinion. I was not derogatory to Knaphill in fact I stated that they did their best but they were just no where near Guernsey and if anyone, including the leagues officials, think they were then they must have been watching a different game. Knaphill did better in the second half and kept a clean sheet but they were never a threat to Guernsey, it should have been a double figure win for Guernsey. Those of you who state that we are buying our way up the pyramid could not be further from the truth. None (not one) of our players is being paid, they are all volunteers who are playing for the pride of representing our Island. I am entitled to my say just the same as all of you, I am not rubbing any noses in it I am just stating facts and anyone who was at the game could not argue with my comments. I have to put up with your drivel so it is only fair that you put up with mine

I like the way you suddenly stop mouthing of when you have been told by your fellow islanders to back of everyone is entitled to there own opinion good or bad but those opinions should be reigned in to a point in which they don't become offensive and inconsiderate of others yes we have banter and yes sometimes it can get a little heated but the things you have come up with go beyond the point outrages and maybe you need to learn a thing or too football players don't volunteer its not a charity its a game played for the love and entertainment for your team and country and you are rubbing noses in it even your fellow islanders have said that theres a difference between fact and opinion your not stating fact your stating your opinion we don't talk drivel we talk football and other related things

Can I just say Guernsey Guru is not representitive of Guernsey people or Guernsey supporters and when I find out who he is, and I will, I will be giving him a lesson in how to be a proper football supporter and how to respect everybody in football, especially after you have won a match. In my experience you will get a massive bite in the [****!!****] if you make such stupid statements as he has made.

Great post Lettuce I look forward to your lesson and meeting up when you find me. You are obviously a great detective but being as I am such a good guy I will make it even easier for you, give me a time and a place and I will meet you to be educated

GG, its the whole “ were gonna piss this league” statements. You might p1ss this league but have some respect for the teams in this league. Teams in this league have worked hard to get to this standard and to say your gonna walk it after 1 game is very disrespectful. You also disrespected Whitelaw who is probably one of the most respected men in football at this level and this is the man who helped you get in this league. Show some respect like some of your other islanders and belive me your get it back.

I like the way you suddenly stop mouthing of when you have been told by your fellow islanders to back of everyone is entitled to there own opinion good or bad but those opinions should be reigned in to a point in which they don't become offensive and inconsiderate of others yes we have banter and yes sometimes it can get a little heated but the things you have come up with go beyond the point outrages and maybe you need to learn a thing or too football players don't volunteer its not a charity its a game played for the love and entertainment for your team and country and you are rubbing noses in it even your fellow islanders have said that theres a difference between fact and opinion your not stating fact your stating your opinion we don't talk drivel we talk football and other related things

I have no intention of suddenly stopping voicing my opinion for anyone, Guernsey or none Guernsey. Reigned in? Offensive? Inconsiderate? why not try Honest, Realistic and yes, Controversial. If Guernsey had been beaten yesterday this site would have been alive with 'what was all the noise about' I would have had to put up with all of that so it is only right that I am allowed to make reciprocal opinions. In these opinions I honestly believe that I have said and done nothing wrong

I have no intention of suddenly stopping voicing my opinion for anyone, Guernsey or none Guernsey. Reigned in? Offensive? Inconsiderate? why not try Honest, Realistic and yes, Controversial. If Guernsey had been beaten yesterday this site would have been alive with 'what was all the noise about' I would have had to put up with all of that so it is only right that I am allowed to make reciprocal opinions. In these opinions I honestly believe that I have said and done nothing wrong

Keep Digging Guru.

well you've just really shot yourself in the foot u said if guernsey had lost the site would be alive with what was all the noise about well you shouldn't have made the noise in the first place your problem not ours u are offensive and very inconsiderate how do u think knaphill will feel with you being bad winners its not being on saying u will piss the league its rude if you had said u feel your team is strong enough to be promoted fine but pissing the league and being miles above us is inconsiderate

GG, its the whole “ were gonna piss this league” statements. You might p1ss this league but have some respect for the teams in this league. Teams in this league have worked hard to get to this standard and to say your gonna walk it after 1 game is very disrespectful. You also disrespected Whitelaw who is probably one of the most respected men in football at this level and this is the man who helped you get in this league. Show some respect like some of your other islanders and belive me your get it back.

Mate I am not sure how I disrespected this Whitelaw guy? I read that in his opinion Knaphill were perfoming better than the 5-0 score suggested at half time. Guernsey should have been 8-0 up at half time and were totally dominant, Knaphill seemed frozen with the whole experience and so I stated that me and Whitelaw must be watching different games. I dont see any problem in that, it wasnt personal, it wasnt rude, it was an opinion made in exactly the same way the Whitelaw had made his initial comment. Give me as much grief as you like about my opinions but dont accuse me of disrespecting Whitelaw, I dont even know the guy