Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Sat 6th Aug Score/updates/results

Full time: Guernsey 5-0 Knaphill

A great start for Guernsey and we should be happy with 5-0 but really it should have been double figures. Some really good saves by the Knaphill keeper, who was struggling a bit with the amount of banter from the crowd, but was the best Knaphill player on the day. Baker up front also worked hard and did all he could without any service. Knaphill did participate at times but were not at the races for the first half and Guernsey struggled to keep the momentum up as the game was won after 45 minutes. This was not Guernsey at their best but a win is a win although the second half seemed very long

I forgot to mention, where did you get the officials from? Some very strange decisions and one linesman who was so old that he just could not keep up with play. The only saving grace was the strange decisions were dished out evenly, they were poor

I agree with Guru with everything he has said it could have been 10, 11 or 12-0 easily. The Knaphill keeper made some great saves but our crowd got to him and he made a school boy errors for 1 goal up there for howler of the season already ! lol

Attendance 1,475

Edited by Guernsey Donkey

Colliers Wood United 3 Camberley Town 4.

Camberley were 3-1 down at half time to a good Colliers Wood side but fought back in the second half to win 4-3. Camberley's scorers were Michael Smith, James Mepham, Michael Blount and Matt Griffiths

Lammas 0 V 1 Hartley

93rd minute winner sinks lammas hearts, it could of gone either way. Like we expected hartley were well organised, we missed a few players I.e brunty ( injury) ridders, deano. Not a worse feeling than losing in the 90th minute. Hartley will be up there for sure.don't think we've ever won the first game so kept the tradition alive!! This is guna be 1 hell of a rollercoster!! Gutted!!!

Lammas 0 V 1 Hartley

93rd minute winner sinks lammas hearts, it could of gone either way. Like we expected hartley were well organised, we missed a few players I.e brunty ( injury) ridders, deano. Not a worse feeling than losing in the 90th minute. Hartley will be up there for sure.don't think we've ever won the first game so kept the tradition alive!! This is guna be 1 hell of a rollercoster!! Gutted!!!

may have gone either way, but the hartley keeper only had to work once.

Lammas keeper was far busier.

Is it too late to change my prediction of a Knaphill win???

According to Whitelaw, not as one-sided as the score suggests

Whitelaw obviously knows little about football ! We hit the bar twice, the Knaphill keeper made many outstanding saves and Knaphill only hit the target with one decent shot from a freekick which was down the keepers throat and easily saved.

Knaphill froze on the day in front of our large crowd and we played outstanding passing football. We looked a side leagues above Knaphill.

It should have been double figures, even the most hardend Knaphill fan would agree on that one.

Warlingham 0 Frimley Green 0

Took this in as just round the corner from me. Game started brightly for Wars with numerous chances being created albeit not converted. For me the pick of the Wars players is Jacko in centre of the park. Very comfortable on the ball with vision for a simple 10 yard knock. Left back I think is Glads 3 who in particular likes to link up with whoever is in front of him. First half was all Wars with Cootes in goal not having a single piece of work to carry out. I really thought I was in for a goal fest on the first 5 mins showing. Dias up top possesses a nice left peg and can easily drift past players instantly but on too many occasions does not produce an end product. Frimley huffed and puffed but never looked like troubling the Wars goal. Half time 0 0. Second half was much the same for Wars with chance after chance going astray. Although Frimley did finish the game a little stronger than they had given for the first 80 mins again both teams just cancelled eachother out. For me a strange decision was the withdrawal of Dias with 10 mins to go where as maybe one of the back 4 seeing they were so comfortable could of been sacrificed going 3 up top may of snatched something. For all Wars domination I think there was a feeling of pre season friendly about this one with not an ounce of real passion seen on the park today. Wars will def be disappointed with this result but in general they look a well drilled outfit. Frimley IMO will have another battle on there hands this year but will also frustrate other teams throughout the season. I thought they had won the cup such was their celebration at the final whistle. Banter for the day has to be Frimleys No4. Smallest centre back I have ever seen who's voice was like he had sucked on a helium balloon. Still clean sheet so he should be happy. Nice to speak with Gilesy 08 and hope the recovery goes well on the ankle. Prob about 50 in the house today. Overall I can see Wars dominating future games as all the players are sound in possession and if the forwards find the onion bag they will have another decent year.

Padlock

Full time: Guernsey 5-0 Knaphill

A great start for Guernsey and we should be happy with 5-0 but really it should have been double figures. Some really good saves by the Knaphill keeper, who was struggling a bit with the amount of banter from the crowd, but was the best Knaphill player on the day. Baker up front also worked hard and did all he could without any service. Knaphill did participate at times but were not at the races for the first half and Guernsey struggled to keep the momentum up as the game was won after 45 minutes. This was not Guernsey at their best but a win is a win although the second half seemed very long

I forgot to mention, where did you get the officials from? Some very strange decisions and one linesman who was so old that he just could not keep up with play. The only saving grace was the strange decisions were dished out evenly, they were poor

GG what was the crowd mate...?????

Cove 1 v 2 Epsom. Probably just about right but looking forward to Dunc's view on the behaviour of the Cove number 3.

How was the burger Kroons?

You'd have loved it at CWU, watching Cambo launching it to the front three. Thought I was watching the old Wimbledon! Worked eventually though and I quite enjoyed it! CWU the better side first half with a 3-1 lead. Cambo dominated the second half and could have had more.

Whitelaw obviously knows little about football ! We hit the bar twice, the Knaphill keeper made many outstanding saves and Knaphill only hit the target with one decent shot from a freekick which was down the keepers throat and easily saved.

Knaphill froze on the day in front of our large crowd and we played outstanding passing football. We looked a side leagues above Knaphill.

It should have been double figures, even the most hardend Knaphill fan would agree on that one.

GD ... I would be carefull about what u say about Whitelaw... very clever man who knows his football .... He must be .. He loved me as a player.....

Lammas 0 V 1 Hartley

may have gone either way, but the hartley keeper only had to work once.

Lammas keeper was far busier.

Totally agree TC , we should of worked him more, Coxy kept us in thr game at times, we had too many shots off target and should of worked him, Baxter had shot flying over left, right and centre, credit to hartley, we always knew they'd be good but if you don't go into every season believing you can win the league then why play the game, early early early doors, relishing the challenge! Maybe shane rideout will finally get us a goal!!

Why would Knaphill freeze? They were playing Guernsey not Arsenal. Don't get carried away mate - I remember a certain Hayes Gate fan doing much the same last season. And where are they now??