Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Sat 6th Aug Score/updates/results

A good start to the season for Sandhurst, would be interested to hear what you thought of the game Bomaya, would have said hi if I knew you would be there!

Where were you then? I was told you weren't there!

I was to the side of the goal nearest the clubhouse with my maroon hoodie on as I wasn't playing!

staines lammas 0 hartley wintney 1

With all the known names signed on at Lammas they fail at the first hurdle.......... surprised ?

Did all the known names play NG? ........

As a GFC supporter I have been following this forum for some time, and I never really had the intention of posting. But some of the comments made by my fellow Guerns has made me feel the need. As I am sure that you are aware the football community of the Island are excited and enthusiastic about the prospect of a local team playing in the UK league pyramid. Most of us have little or no experience of football outside of the islands and so it frustrates me, and a number of others with whom I have spoken to, when I read the comments made some some GFC fans about winning the league and being better than opponents. I would like regular posters to be reasured that this inappropriately cocky attitude is only that of a very small minority of our fans. Or maybe even just one! With regards to the Knaphill match, it was a fantastic occasion. There was a really good atmosphere and I hope that the support for the team remains at such an impressive level. Guernsey, in my opinion player pretty well, and created some good chances beyond the 5 goals that were scored. Including hitting the woodwork twice and Matt Warren missing a chance from inside the 6 yard box that was easier to score. How anybody could be of the opinion that the visiting teams goalkeeper was their best player must have been watching another game as he was at fault for at least one goal, possibly two. (see highlights) And his distribution wasn't great either. He made a couple of decent saves, but a keeper at this level should, shouldn't he? The Knaphil no10, up top was tidy and created himself some chances, but mostly from long range, and the no 8 in the centre of the park was really tidy, he was good in possession and got stuck in.

I am looking forwads to seeing all of the teams in this league, and on the basis of our first match it is going to be interesting, I don't think that we will walk the league, that would be naive, there is a long way to go. But we should get some decent results at home and, if you are thinking of entering the golden boot competition you could do a lot worse that choose Ross Allen for Div 1.

TRS love the 1970's music and new graphicsbrille008.gif

Dammit, trying to think what that music is now!! wall.gif

THE BIG MATCH !

All we need TRS is Brian Moore commentating .....lol !

Love it TRS you just get better and better.......... You found that thingamegib to deter the wind yet ?

Edited by NICE GUY

Lammas 0 V 1 Hartley

93rd minute winner sinks lammas hearts, it could of gone either way. Like we expected hartley were well organised, we missed a few players I.e brunty ( injury) ridders, deano. Not a worse feeling than losing in the 90th minute. Hartley will be up there for sure.don't think we've ever won the first game so kept the tradition alive!! This is guna be 1 hell of a rollercoster!! Gutted!!!

Come on Redders you cant pull that card ! you've been banging on last few weeks about how strong the squad is down there !

Lammas 0 V 1 Hartley

93rd minute winner sinks lammas hearts, it could of gone either way. Like we expected hartley were well organised, we missed a few players I.e brunty ( injury) ridders, deano. Not a worse feeling than losing in the 90th minute. Hartley will be up there for sure.don't think we've ever won the first game so kept the tradition alive!! This is guna be 1 hell of a rollercoster!! Gutted!!!

Come on Redders you cant pull that card ! you've been banging on last few weeks about how strong the squad is down there !

EXACTLY NLN........... waiting for someone to blame the ref now ........lol !

Edited by NICE GUY

Lammas 0 V 1 Hartley

We didnt deserve northing to be fair NLN though I only been there for 2 weeks its the best we have played out the 3 games. A few new faces to come in and it should be ok.

Lammas 0 V 1 Hartley

EXACTLY........... waiting for someone to blame the ref now ........lol !

NG ......steady!! 1 game dont win or lose titles......

Tucks i now have more respect for you as you really do say it as it is......... ;)

Thank You Mr Ryan.....................Ref was shi T though!! but we still deserved Sweet FA

Spelthorne Sports 1-2 Westfield

Amongst all the bitching and moaning on here I’ve a positive post

We visited Spelthorne Sports yesterday for our opening league match. We were made to feel very welcome upon arrival. Pitch whilst not perfectly flat is very well maintained and is a decent playing surface. The changing rooms are sizeable and very clean. By far one of the best in the division. By kick off there was a decent crowd too

On the pitch the players very passionate and like their dug out very respectful too. First time I’ve ever gone to that neck of the woods and there hasn’t been a word said between each respective set of managers/coaches

Clubhouse- again one of the best in the CCL. Big spacious tidy. Loads of flat screen TV’s with sky. Sandwiches and Pasta. Friendly bar staff decent beer and some attractive sorts floating around J

With regards to the match as expected a confident Spelthorne side flew out the blocks. They are strong and experienced down the middle but very pacey out wide. Their right winger caused us all sorts of problems first half. We have some very quick lads but even they struggled to keep up with him at times. Very open first half with chances for both sides but Spelthorne opened the scoring 20 min in after we didn’t do our jobs on a set piece.

Second half we dug in and gradually got on top I guess it will take Spelthorne a few weeks to get used to the pace and fitness of sides at this level and how long they last for. Scored a fine equaliser 20 mins from time and then snatched a winner in the last min when their keeper came for a cross he was never going to get. Sports still had time to grab what looked like an equaliser deep into stoppage time but thankfully it was given offside.

A good victory for us and I think Spelthorne will be a very useful team this season. Overall they are welcome addition to our league and to all the ground hoppers on here I advise you to get down there at some stage this season

As a GFC supporter I have been following this forum for some time, and I never really had the intention of posting. But some of the comments made by my fellow Guerns has made me feel the need. As I am sure that you are aware the football community of the Island are excited and enthusiastic about the prospect of a local team playing in the UK league pyramid. Most of us have little or no experience of football outside of the islands and so it frustrates me, and a number of others with whom I have spoken to, when I read the comments made some some GFC fans about winning the league and being better than opponents. I would like regular posters to be reasured that this inappropriately cocky attitude is only that of a very small minority of our fans. Or maybe even just one! With regards to the Knaphill match, it was a fantastic occasion. There was a really good atmosphere and I hope that the support for the team remains at such an impressive level. Guernsey, in my opinion player pretty well, and created some good chances beyond the 5 goals that were scored. Including hitting the woodwork twice and Matt Warren missing a chance from inside the 6 yard box that was easier to score. How anybody could be of the opinion that the visiting teams goalkeeper was their best player must have been watching another game as he was at fault for at least one goal, possibly two. (see highlights) And his distribution wasn't great either. He made a couple of decent saves, but a keeper at this level should, shouldn't he? The Knaphil no10, up top was tidy and created himself some chances, but mostly from long range, and the no 8 in the centre of the park was really tidy, he was good in possession and got stuck in.

I am looking forwads to seeing all of the teams in this league, and on the basis of our first match it is going to be interesting, I don't think that we will walk the league, that would be naive, there is a long way to go. But we should get some decent results at home and, if you are thinking of entering the golden boot competition you could do a lot worse that choose Ross Allen for Div 1.

I don't know if you are talking about be when you mention the one cocky one ? but Guernsey Guru is cockyier than me lol.

I would say I'm confident not cocky about our promotion chances. On what I've seen pre season I expect us to finish top 3 thats all i'm getting at. Our first game shows we should be confident about promotion and even winning the league.

With all the hullaballoo of Guernsey entering the league Windsor seem to have slipped under ther radar bit. I was wondering how their match against Spouth Park went? Nice Guy did you say that you were going to the game?Anyone?

Nice Guy,waiting for South Park or Windsor to post a match report before he comments Charlie.That's his usual modus operandi.

Tucks i now have more respect for you as you really do say it as it is......... ;)

Thank You Mr Ryan.....................Ref was shi T though!! but we still deserved Sweet FA

Knew it had to come.....blame that poor referee... .......again ! Suggest you blame your forwards Tucks... just a thought !

Knew it had to come.....blame that poor referee... .......again ! Suggest you blame your forwards Tucks... just a thought !

He was just that NG 'POOR'. Forwards had little of the ball. Personell is missing at lammas in major areas...as I said a couple of players coming in this week and hopefuly a friendly Tuesday night to iron out some problems. We will be alot better for next saturday at Frimley.

You played 3 at the bk big ant?it really didn't look that way watching it but fair play good luck for rest of season

Yes mate only 3 the wide boys Where getting push back when you had a lot of the ball 1st half but 2nd half you looked like you didn't have a plan b.

I came and watched a bit on tuesday you where missing 1 of the boys up top who looked very good?

the young sub came on to take all the set plays has a lovely left foot and that was only way I think you. Would have got a goal

Good lucky to wars and you with the leg

I'm glad someone realises Ant about my left peg ;) Good luck for the rest of the season.