Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Sat 6th Aug Score/updates/results

Tucks i now have more respect for you as you really do say it as it is......... ;)

Thank You Mr Ryan.....................Ref was shi T though!! but we still deserved Sweet FA

Knew it had to come.....blame that poor referee... .......again ! Suggest you blame your forwards Tucks... just a thought !

He was just that NG 'POOR'. Forwards had little of the ball. Personell is missing at lammas in major areas...as I said a couple of players coming in this week and hopefuly a friendly Tuesday night to iron out some problems. We will be alot better for next saturday at Frimley.

Hope so as I've predicted you guys to come runners up in the league !

NLN, Newby, NG, I go into every game and league season thinking were going to win the league, if you don't then why play the game, I'm not gonna say oh we was so unluckuy and we should of won because I thought should be fair I'm eyes, biased? Maybe, just saying we did miss our best players in them areas I.e midfield and centre back, where hartley won the game in these areas.

Were talking about you saying every season your squad is better but every season your so called better than previous season squad fails to deliver shuda done a hartley ssshhhhhh we'll snatch those 3 away ones cheers

Its the best squad we've had since I've been there, think ellers would agree, yea we won the league and cup but if you matched the squad to now then it has nothing on this years squad. I aint guna shhhhh like a bitch and I'll say again now we will go up!! If we don't, like today I'm prepared to take the flack!!!

Thought your new cb was a chertsey skipper aswell an jamie an gary are immense players scoring 70 goals between them an they were in your midfield ............... Excuses ...........get on with it one game doesnt win or lose titles mate but its not a good start for you i have no doubt lammas will be in the mix but ive watched you three times pre season was i impressed ........... With a couple of players, yes , with your performances, no!! Tucks is a good addition for you as hopefully it will freshen up a stagnant squad with his contacts !! Realism!!!!!!!!

With all the hullaballoo of Guernsey entering the league Windsor seem to have slipped under ther radar bit. I was wondering how their match against Spouth Park went? Nice Guy did you say that you were going to the game?Anyone?

See my post from yesterday. I picked the team up from clubbing in Windsor at 2.30am. Nice quiet drive home in the bus!

With all the hullaballoo of Guernsey entering the league Windsor seem to have slipped under ther radar bit. I was wondering how their match against Spouth Park went? Nice Guy did you say that you were going to the game?Anyone?

See my post from yesterday. I picked the team up from clubbing in Windsor at 2.30am. Nice quiet drive home in the bus!

Not to quiet outside my house when you dropped my little soldier off mr bus driver lol

Thought your new cb was a chertsey skipper aswell an jamie an gary are immense players scoring 70 goals between them an they were in your midfield ............... Excuses ...........get on with it one game doesnt win or lose titles mate but its not a good start for you i have no doubt lammas will be in the mix but ive watched you three times pre season was i impressed ........... With a couple of players, yes , with your performances, no!! Tucks is a good addition for you as hopefully it will freshen up a stagnant squad with his contacts !! Realism!!!!!!!!

1,Baxter told me he was captain but obviously weren't, struggles for fitness as he weren't good enough, jamie and gary stats speak for them selves, ask guv or tucks if there good players, I'll tell ya now we will be in the mix, can't remember ever starting well with lammas so not too worried, I think its a case of your goin hate seeing the team you love succeed without you!!

Cove 1 Epsom 2 very good first game for some of our lads dissaponting result but lots of positives,our no.3 has been given one last chance and if there is any indication of a repeat of yesterdays behaviour then he will never play for Cove again,I honesly thought a draw or a win for us would have been fair as we created far more chances than Epsom and missed a couple of sitters still thats my opinion,so on to the next game at Dorking on tuesday and we will be strengthened by at least 3 senior players returning as they were not available for the Epsom game.

As a GFC supporter I have been following this forum for some time, and I never really had the intention of posting. But some of the comments made by my fellow Guerns has made me feel the need. As I am sure that you are aware the football community of the Island are excited and enthusiastic about the prospect of a local team playing in the UK league pyramid. Most of us have little or no experience of football outside of the islands and so it frustrates me, and a number of others with whom I have spoken to, when I read the comments made some some GFC fans about winning the league and being better than opponents. I would like regular posters to be reasured that this inappropriately cocky attitude is only that of a very small minority of our fans. Or maybe even just one! With regards to the Knaphill match, it was a fantastic occasion. There was a really good atmosphere and I hope that the support for the team remains at such an impressive level. Guernsey, in my opinion player pretty well, and created some good chances beyond the 5 goals that were scored. Including hitting the woodwork twice and Matt Warren missing a chance from inside the 6 yard box that was easier to score. How anybody could be of the opinion that the visiting teams goalkeeper was their best player must have been watching another game as he was at fault for at least one goal, possibly two. (see highlights) And his distribution wasn't great either. He made a couple of decent saves, but a keeper at this level should, shouldn't he? The Knaphil no10, up top was tidy and created himself some chances, but mostly from long range, and the no 8 in the centre of the park was really tidy, he was good in possession and got stuck in.

I am looking forwads to seeing all of the teams in this league, and on the basis of our first match it is going to be interesting, I don't think that we will walk the league, that would be naive, there is a long way to go. But we should get some decent results at home and, if you are thinking of entering the golden boot competition you could do a lot worse that choose Ross Allen for Div 1.

I don't know if you are talking about be when you mention the one cocky one ? but Guernsey Guru is cockyier than me lol.

I would say I'm confident not cocky about our promotion chances. On what I've seen pre season I expect us to finish top 3 thats all i'm getting at. Our first game shows we should be confident about promotion and even winning the league.

I'm sure that everyone on here knows to whom I'm refering. You are right, it was a good result, but Chelsea, and many fans, probably thought that when they beat West Brom 6-0 on the opening day of last season. It didn't help them come the end of the season.

I just think that we should be modest about our chances this season because the whole venture is full of uncertainty.

Lol ive heard it all now i left of my own accord to go to a club that has its own ground an realism about it also for the two seasons weve won somthing an just missed out last year on two occasions grass is greener im still feeling it

what have the lammas done..... Realistic nothing......,,,,.,,.unrealistic we'l win everything !!!! I love lammas do i want them to succeed yes i do but im also

realistic unlike yourself billy your starting to sound like a charlie big potatoes yourself calm down lay of the shandy silk cut an marching powder

Big? How? Confident, yes! So lammas gaining promotion is not realistic? I remember when Chelsea won nothing for 3 year after winning their first titles and then won it again, last 4 years we've been 1st, 1st, 4th and 10th, cut us a little slack, we aint guernsey!! So its only last year seen as a failure, I have come on here saying we got this and that and when we lose, like we did im prepared to take criticism but like tucks said things are in the right places and its a matter of time! If we lose again sat, I'll see ya this time next sunday again!!!

What did your no.3 do duncs?

Basically Redders he lost his cool and punched the Epsom skipper,he was totally out of order and there is no exscuse for this sort of behaviour.

Jesus! Straight red I assume?

The green green grass of Bedfont .

I hope you both go up redders and newby ,

2 good clubs with people behind the scenes who deserve it , not sure on groundsharing though , and it would be good to see tucks dancing round ashford town at the end of the season with the championship trophy on his head :)

Cove 1 Epsom 2 very good first game for some of our lads dissaponting result but lots of positives,our no.3 has been given one last chance and if there is any indication of a repeat of yesterdays behaviour then he will never play for Cove again,I honesly thought a draw or a win for us would have been fair as we created far more chances than Epsom and missed a couple of sitters still thats my opinion,so on to the next game at Dorking on tuesday and we will be strengthened by at least 3 senior players returning as they were not available for the Epsom game.

Good to see Duncs and feel that is a fair response.

Have to disagree with your assessment though. Epsom deserved to take the lead but from that point Cove dominated the rest of the half hitting the post and the 9 missing a sitter from 5 yards (credit to the keeper for the save though) Felt a draw would have been right at half time. 2nd half I thought Epsom were stronger and felt their goal was coming and felt they deserved to win. Was impressed with the young 7 looks a decent prospect but clearly ran out of steam. Alos guessed you must have been missing a few as I felt it was strange to play 1 up front when at home. With 3 or 4 players I think on this showing Cove will be a half decent side. Think Epsom will score a few goal if Burns and Jarman both stay fit and are picked but I do wonder if they may struggle at the back.