Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Cycling Shorts

Ace1

our gk sat had to borrow a farleigh gk top as they both had same ref wouldnt allow both in same colour..........................what does this matter???

im colour blind .........please do not take the piss out of my disability ........it hurts ..........i also now realise why i keep passing to the other team lol

He might come up for a corner, and catch it

All bollox - how bad do FIFA and the International Football Association Board think their referee's are that goalkeepers cannot wear the same colour as each other or the referee.

I am sure most people in the world can tell the difference between two goalkeepers and between a goalkeeper an themselves. Totally silly.

With regards to cycling shorts, yeah, any colour should be fine, but I think we need to blame Bruce Grobbelaar for it. I recall him being the first players to wear the same colour undershorts and the bigwigs at FIFA thought it would be a good idea. I must say though, it looks tidier with the same colour.

On the subject, whats the guidance with players who have tubigrip on their thighs for mild thigh or hamstring strains? They are not undershorts yet should they be the same colour as the shorts?

All bollox - how bad do FIFA and the International Football Association Board think their referee's are that goalkeepers cannot wear the same colour as each other or the referee.

I am sure most people in the world can tell the difference between two goalkeepers and between a goalkeeper an themselves. Totally silly.

With regards to cycling shorts, yeah, any colour should be fine, but I think we need to blame Bruce Grobbelaar for it. I recall him being the first players to wear the same colour undershorts and the bigwigs at FIFA thought it would be a good idea. I must say though, it looks tidier with the same colour.

On the subject, whats the guidance with players who have tubigrip on their thighs for mild thigh or hamstring strains? They are not undershorts yet should they be the same colour as the shorts?

The direction we have been given relates only to undershorts or tights. Medical strappings/tubigrip are neither so the colour is not a factor. With all going on around us, quite unreal we are discussing such a detail, but this is the down-side of FIFA's view that there should be one global set of laws that relate to all levels of football. And, of course, what does not help is the Premier League doing its own thing, which is seen on national TV.

my 2 cents on the situation, is much the same as everyone else. if FIFA want to have a standard set of rules, i'm all for 120k a week, on a five year deal, then we can all purchase underarmour of the same colour. Thing is were not, and sometimes the commercial products only come in a limited range of colours, that wont neccesarily match the main kit., and it' expensive stuff. home and away you'll need at least 2. i've also seen gareth bale, wear kisnetic tape of all the colours of the rainbow right on his thigh, it could be a cycling short for all the difference. Beuraucracy gone mad, again. At the Democratic FIFA.