Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Saturday 13th August

You must be glad with Tok Manors win Cliff? Probably shut a few people up lol! Not involved with them but I did hear a couple of weeks ago that they will be a team to watch out for. A 5-1 away win at Bedford is impressive interesting to hear if anyone was there

Robbie - To be honest Saturday's result was no surprise at all as with Emond Protain in their team anything is possible, don't forget this is a player who has played in the Third Round proper of the FA Cup, in a strike partnership with DJ Campbell, for Yeading against Newcastle as recently as 2005 and Newcastle's side included Charles N'Zogbia, Jermaine Jenas, Lee Bowyer, James Milner, Shola Ameobi and Craig Bellamy

You Googled him then, did you?

Horace - No, not at all, just the star studded Newcastle line up that memorable day in 2005. By the way I thought I might have bumped into you at Hertford Town v Tring Athletic on Saturday.

Horace - No, not at all, just the star studded Newcastle line up that memorable day in 2005. By the way I thought I might have bumped into you at Hertford Town v Tring Athletic on Saturday.

Why did you think that? I WAS at a game but not that one.

Edited by Horace

Why did you think that?

Horace - Because I had never known you not to be at a game at Hertingfordbury Park when I've been there that's all

The fact you advertised you were going probably influenced his decision....

Why did you think that?

Horace - Because I had never known you not to be at a game at Hertingfordbury Park when I've been there that's all

But you haven't been for several seasons, have you?

Neither was Rhodes, probably Google Earthed the Hertford game

In fairness I did see Rhodes at the game and said hello to him...he has turned up at our place the first game of the last two seasons and we have only got one point....i therefore ban you Rhodesy! :)

Only joking always welcome sir..

Chinola - I hope members don't think that I did a Football Man and only turned up at the game to be seen, I didn't even loiter with intent outside your boardroom with puppy dog eyes did I angling for an invite and bought a cup of tea at the interval

Stotfold 2-0 Oxhey Jets

A report on this one from an old fashioned anorak on another's Forum:

South Midlands League Premier Division

Stotfold 2 Oxhey Jets 0

Att: 74

Entry £5

Badge £2.50

No hot grub available but coffee & chocolate bar 55/75 new pence.

The visitors were the better side in a bland opening half, somehow a chance that even Heskey would have got on target (maybe) was scuffed against the outside of the post. The hosts scrambled in the only goal of the half. HT 1-0

A decent 2nd half, initially dominated by Oxhey but as it wore on the hosts took control, scored a second and it was only likely to be them that added to the total.

Busses from Stotfold are hourly (back to Letchworth/Hitchin)so the last thing the traveller needs are uneccessary delays. In the 1st minute a decent 50/50 challenge saw my first dying swan of the season. After a ludicrous 3 minute delay, the poor little lovvie was helped off the pitch, looking as groggy as it was possible to look. Play re-starts, up goes his hand, ref waves him on and he sprints back into play. Hang on a minute, I thought you were so hurt that I could look forward to getting the 18:03 not 17:03 bus. Little [censored]. If someone is injured, get them off the pitch and get on with the bloody game, if play needs to be held up, then get them off the pitch and keep them off for at least 10 minutes as clearly their injury was so severe that they could do with a bit of decent recouperation time. After 14 minutes of the game, we had had no more than about 7 of actual football.

2nd half and there were no hold ups at all, yet there was still 5 additional minutes, why??????? game ended at 16:55 and despite their cunning stunts I managed to moan all the way back to the bus stop and catch the 17:03. Foiled.

Royston Town 4-2 Harefield United

A report on this one from Saturday:

http://www.roystontownfc.co.uk/match-reports/match-report-royston-town-v-harefield-united-2/

Buckingham Athletic 2-3 Hoddesdon Town

A report on this affair from last Saturday:

http://www.hoddesdontownfc.co.uk/1st%20XI%202011%2012.htm

The fact you advertised you were going probably influenced his decision...

I wouldn't mind betting Horace was somewhere obscure last Saturday like Old Parmiterians v Lemsford, Belstone (Saturday) v Bushey Rangers or Wodson Seniors v Whitwell

Royston Town 4-2 Harefield United

A report on this one from Saturday:

http://www.roystonto...field-united-2/

Accurate description of the game. Royston Town looked impressive when going forward and should have won by a far greater margin but for some woeful finishing. Defensive errors were punished by Harefield United who were always in with a shout of taking something from the game. Both penalties were at my end. First one for the hosts for a trip and the second for the visitors for hand ball. Both given by the Referee. (Saves Rhodes asking the question.)