Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

FA Cup - Extra Preliminary Round

Just having a look through the fixtures for the FA Cup extra preliminary round starting on the 19th of August and noticed that some teams are in and some are not. My local team (Stony Stratford Town) don't seem to be in but some others in the league are, any reason for this?

I was quite disappointed not to see Tokyngton Manor in the FA Cup this season, they would have really pulled up trees with Emond Protain capable of anything and could have quite easily beaten Chasetown's 2007/2008 record of being the lowest ranked Non League Club to play in the third round proper of the competition

Just having a look through the fixtures for the FA Cup extra preliminary round

Yes, there are some potential thrillers on Saturday and Sunday involving SSML Club's aren't there:

Saturday 20 August

Bethnal Green United v Kentish Town

Biggleswade United v Leverstock Green

Broxbourne Borough v Hoddesdon Town

Colney Heath v Langford

Crawley Green v Berkhamsted

Enfield 1893 v London Colney

Hadley v Cockfosters

Haringey Borough v AFC Kempston Rovers

Holmer Green v Harefield United

Hullbridge Sports v Royston Town

Kidlington v Hillingdon Borough

Kings Langley v Stotfold

Oxhey Jets v Wodson Park

Sawbridgeworth Town v Hatfield Town

St Margaretsbury v Dunstable Town

Tring Athletic v Hanwell Town

Witham Town v Bedford

Sunday 21 August

AFC Dunstable v Eton Manor (1.00pm, at Waltham Abbey FC)

Aylesbury United v Bracknell Town

Barkingside v Hertford Town (4.00pm)

I was quite disappointed not to see Tokyngton Manor in the FA Cup this season, they would have really pulled up trees with Emond Protain capable of anything and could have quite easily beaten Chasetown's 2007/2008 record of being the lowest ranked Non League Club to play in the third round proper of the competition

Ex AFC Wimbledon and Cambridge City could be a menace to all defenses in this league

Sunday 21 August

Barkingside v Hertford Town (4.00pm)

I expect there will be a who’s who of Forum members in attendance at this one on Sunday including Football Man

Haven't entered or haven't finished in top half of Step 6 league in the previous season. Someone will correct me if this is incorrect

Does that go for the FA Vase as well

You have to have been in the vase the previous season to be allowed entry to the fa cup. I think all step 5 and 6 clubs are guaranteed entry the vase, subject to ground regulations, and I think top 6 in a step 7 league the previous season are guaranteed entry too, although someone on here might no better and correct me

Saturday 20 August

Hadley v Cockfosters

This one will be interesting on Saturday after the way Cockfosters have started the campaign

Haringey Borough v AFC Kempston Rovers

I have a nasty feeling Haringey Borough aren't going to have it all their own way tomorrow against the so called Walnut Boys:

Published on Thursday 18 August 2011 12:00

AFC Kempston Rovers made it two wins out of two on Tuesday night on their return to the UCL Premier Division following a 2-0 home victory against Cogenhoe United.

'The Walnut Boys’ back-to-back wins came courtesy of a 13th-minute Danny Watson strike and, although the outcome remained in the balance until the final minute, Sam Macrae sealed the victory. The defeat was Cogenhoe’s first at Hillgrounds in 16 visits.

On Saturday Kempston got off the mark with a 1-0 home win against Holbeach United even though the Division One champions had Macrae sent off.

Rovers keeper Martin Conway was in fine form in the first half making a number of good saves from the Tigers’ forwards.

But it was finally settled by full-back Mark Bunker who struck six minutes into the second half when his 30-yarder sailed back over Holbeach keeper Leigh Overton who had punched away an original cross.

I note that the FA Cup will be at Goffs Lane tomorrow, that will no doubt add a few more to the gate:

http://www.hertfordshiremercury.co.uk/Sport/FA-Cup-coming-to-Broxbourne-18082011.htm

I note that the FA Cup will be at Goffs Lane tomorrow, that will no doubt add a few more to the gate:

http://www.hertfords...ne-18082011.htm

The FA's view;

http://www.thefa.com/TheFACup/FACompetitions/TheFACup/NewsAndFeatures/2011/broxbourne-hoddesdon-extra-preliminary-round

By far the most exciting team in ssm div 1 this year has to be London Colney

I made the long journey south to Colney on tuesday night and witnessed what can only be called a demolition of Kings Langley!!

Kings Langley Who were unluckly not to go up last season, who are not a bad team at all, were simply destroyed by the Colney forwards!!

Colney have got the former Harpenden Town boss Thomson in charge and has added to a allready immense squad by the looks of it.

The two strikers he has bought in seem to be unstoppable, one lad i remember from Harpenden last year is James Warner is up top now,

If i was a betting man i would be putting my morgage on him being top goal scorer this season,

The lad is just un playable at times!!

They also have another lad on the wing, a Keith lemon lookalike in my opinion!! they called him 'The Jowler' ! misterious tricky winger with a eye for goal.

I watched alot of Harpenden town last year and although they didnt have the strongest squad they had 4 or 5 very decent players, including the two centre halfs Sally and Golder which by all accounts have joined Thomson at colney.

I managed to catch a Harpenden game this season when they were away to Crawley, both teams looked alot weeker than last year, which saddens me as i have a soft spot for town!

so as a follower of the SSM Div 1 league for many a season i look forward to a great year.

By far the most exciting team in ssm div 1 this year has to be London Colney

I made the long journey south to Colney on tuesday night and witnessed what can only be called a demolition of Kings Langley!!

Kings Langley Who were unluckly not to go up last season, who are not a bad team at all, were simply destroyed by the Colney forwards!!

Colney have got the former Harpenden Town boss Thomson in charge and has added to a allready immense squad by the looks of it.

The two strikers he has bought in seem to be unstoppable, one lad i remember from Harpenden last year is James Warner is up top now,

If i was a betting man i would be putting my morgage on him being top goal scorer this season,

The lad is just un playable at times!!

They also have another lad on the wing, a Keith lemon lookalike in my opinion!! they called him 'The Jowler' ! misterious tricky winger with a eye for goal.

I watched alot of Harpenden town last year and although they didnt have the strongest squad they had 4 or 5 very decent players, including the two centre halfs Sally and Golder which by all accounts have joined Thomson at colney.

I managed to catch a Harpenden game this season when they were away to Crawley, both teams looked alot weeker than last year, which saddens me as i have a soft spot for town!

so as a follower of the SSM Div 1 league for many a season i look forward to a great year.

WTF has this got to do with the FA Cup!!?

I have a nasty feeling Haringey Borough aren't going to have it all their own way tomorrow against the so called Walnut Boys:

Wrong.....again

FA Cup Extra Preliminary Round

Haringey Borough 2-0 Kempston Rovers

I got quite damp on the walk from Alexandra Palace station to Wood Green as I forgot to take my brolly. After some chicken, I caught a bus the rest of the way to Coles Park and arrived just in time for kick off.

It rained for most of, if not all of the first half. The players displayed lots of poor ball control, which may or may not have had something to do with the weather. A fairly even first half was upset when Haringey scored five minutes before half time.

In the second half Haringey were much the better team, creating a steady stream of chances. Only one more shot found the back of the net, but there could have been more.

Not a bad game by any stretch and as I've only seen two (competitive) matches this season, this one has to be the 'match of the year' so far!

Coles Park is a run-down ground with just the one covered area. That being a raised stand (good views) with several rows of seating. This is a ground that could do with a some money and love.

Edited by BUFC

Tring Athletic 1-0 Hanwell Town

much better display from Tring today, pretty even first half but an early 2nd half goal from Sam Mitchell helped Athletic relax and play some great attacking football,only great saves from the Hanwell keeper saving them from a drubbing, Tom Vincent in the Tring goal not having a save to make,

Hanwell seemed very subdued , pleased tring kept a clean sheet after tuesdays thrashing by berko

Today's FA Cup results:

Saturday 20 August

2 1 Bethnal Green United v Kentish Town

2 1 Biggleswade United v Leverstock Green

4 0 Broxbourne Borough v Hoddesdon Town

3 1 Colney Heath v Langford

1 2 Crawley Green v Berkhamsted

3 1 Enfield 1893 v London Colney

2 2 Hadley v Cockfosters

2 0 Haringey Borough v AFC Kempston Rovers

2 4 Holmer Green v Harefield United

1 3 Hullbridge Sports v Royston Town