Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

FA Cup - Extra Preliminary Round

It would appear that quite a few anoraks did old fashioned doubles yesterday, kicking off at AFC Dunstable v Eton Manor and then going on to Barkingside v Hertford Town:

Doog is King - You certainly know your onions don't you:

Highlights of his season included an equaliser at home to Newcastle in a League Cup Fifth Round thriller and opening the scoring in the replay two days before Christmas as City stunned the Geordies with a 2-0 win. The "other" Magpies, Notts County, were blitzed in a 5-2 home replay hammering with Rösler bagging four and his countryman Maurizio Gaudino nabbing the other.

2 1 Bethnal Green United v Kentish Town

Bethnal Green 2 Kentish Town 1

22 Aug 2011

The Townies travelled to the Mile End Stadium to take on Bethnal Green of the Essex Senior League with a squad containing 8 under 18s. The manager John Creith having to change his winning side from Wednesday due to illness and injuries.

The Townies looked very nervous in the early exchanges and had a lucky escape in the first five minutes when Bethnal Green hit the post but five minutes later after some fine play by the home side which carved the Townies opened and allowed the home side to open the scoring. The travelling supporters were fearing the worst by this stage, but the young side took this as the signal to start to play and press the opposition, with both sides having chances to score but the best two chances in the first half fell to the Kentish Town striking partnership of Grzabka and Nwanze but both failed to find the net.

The second half started in much the same way as the first with the home side having the best of the early exchanges but a fine through ball from Clarke found Grzabka unmarked and his shot was saved by the home sides keeper and forced out for a corner. In the 70th minute a hopeful punt up field by the home side fell to Kanaris who took his eye of the ball for a split second and his miss control fell kindly for the home sides striker who raced clear to shot past the onrushing Stopps. The match should have been but the Townies refused to give up and raised their game so much so that the home side were forced into time wasting that was appalling by today’s standards and which was allowed to go unpunished by the referee. With ten minutes to go in form striker Nwanze scored with a fine strike from the edge of the box and in the final 10 minutes the home side were forced to play much of their football in the corner trying to shield the ball.

Manager John Creith said “I feel disappointed at the result mainly because I felt that we created enough chances to win this match comfortably but only for our in-experience. I am delighted on how the more experience players helped the younger one’s through today and kept their morale up throughout the match. It is not easy coming to these sort of experienced sides and getting results but we almost pulled it off today, I am appalled at the time wasting that went on especially after we pulled a goal back, we were promise loads of ball boys due to not being able to run onto the track because of the work being carried on it, but as the second half worn on and especially after they scored the second goal the ball boys seem to vanish and it took ages to get the ball back into play, we must now concentrate back on the league on Wednesday against Hoddesdon Town and our main aim of the season, today was a good experience for the younger players.”

Director Frank Zanre said “a great game to watch which ebbed and flowed and I thought we were a bit unlucky not to at least get a draw, and take them back to our ground, I must add that I am very disappointed on how our committee members were treated throughout the day on the hospitality front and our players were left in the dressing room waiting for food to arrive which never did, at this level all clubs must provide a certain level of hospitality but today was a shameful example of how not to treat opposing sides and I hope that Bethnal Green are ashamed of their behaviour,”

Edited by NeutralFan

I didn't say that Royston didn't deserve to win.I was surprised they were 1-0 down at half-time against the side we were forced to put out today.Frankly against our full first team you would have struggled.What has got to do with the budget?You give me the money they have available every week and I'll show ya!!

I see that there is some handbags going on at the moment on the Essex Senior League Forum following the Hullbridge Sports v Royston Town tie from Saturday, Coach et 64’ doesn’t believe Royston deserved to win however my guess is that it’s just sour grapes

4 0 Aylesbury United v Bracknell Town

A report on this one from another's Forum:

BELL CLOSE

AYLESBURY UNITED 4 BRACKNELL TOWN 0

FACEPR

@ LEIGHTON TOWN FC

Admission £7 inc. prog.

A pleasant sunny and warm day in Leighton Buzzard and the ideal opportunity to revisit Bell Close after 12 years.

I doubt much has changed and that is a good thing because this is a fine ground full of character and very homely. I like the view from the stand and the wooden picket fencing, wooden dugouts and gabled sign on the covered terrace, also an excellent tea bar where I had a nice MUG of tea for 80p. Cricket was being played next door too.

Aylesbury Utd won this match easily as Bracknell were very poor from the off and were 2-0 down inside the first quarter of an hour.

An added bonus today was the recently opened (2nd Aug) Wetherspoons in the high street 'The Swan Hotel' a fine establishment and straight in my top 10

Highlights of his season included an equaliser at home to Newcastle in a League Cup Fifth Round thriller and opening the scoring in the replay two days before Christmas as City stunned the Geordies with a 2-0 win. The "other" Magpies, Notts County, were blitzed in a 5-2 home replay hammering with Rösler bagging four and his countryman Maurizio Gaudino nabbing the other.

Unlike you. I googled "your" prose and was taken to this website : http://www.happyaxeman.co.uk/mcfc/?page=1.1&id=16

I suppose you at least managed to correct the original typo........

Unlike you. I googled "your" prose and was taken to this website : http://www.happyaxem...?page=1.1&id=16

I suppose you at least managed to correct the original typo........

Oh that really is a shocker Cliffy. How sad are you?

Sjj2112 - The extract I posted was from that very website, what are you talking about. With your anorak on can you think of any other Germans who have scored hat tricks in the FA Cup.

Pinching stuff off websites to post on a message board as your own comment. That's what SJJ is on about Cliffy.

You've been caught at it again, hardly Oxford/Cambridge entrance exam material are you?

Loosely - I didn't say that I hadn't lifted the extract about Uwe Rosler from a Website, I was just complimenting the Doog is King on that inspired snippet of information he supplied

And you didn't say that you had lifted it.

We've all got your number by now, you like to make out that you have this encyclopedic knowledge. Passing material off as your own is pretty low.

Loosely - Like your encyclopedic knowledge you mean when it comes to Arsenal in the late 60's and early 70's

No Cliffy, we're talking about you claiming material as your own. I understand that you can't just hold your hands up and admit you've been sussed.

• 2 weeks later...

From the Watford Observer website:

Kings Langley have been removed from the FA Cup following a hearing at the Football Association today.

The club were suspected to have fielded an ineligible player during their 5-2 extra preliminary round success over Stotfold and have now been excluded from the tournament.