Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Cheats!?!

Ace1

Whilst watching MotD where they are discussing players diving and cheating to win penalties takes me back to our game yesterday at Wembley. The player in the Wembley side (and he knows who he is?!!!) blatantly dived to cheat the referee into winning a free kick and got one of my players booked, the referee fell for it and what was more disgusting was the player then trying to justifiy himself at the end! At his age he should know better! Embarrassing!!!

It is becoming more and more prevalant in the game at the moment and diving and cheating is being used more and more to gain an advantage. Referees are to blame as well as they fall for it when at times its obvious whats going on!

Whilst watching MotD where they are discussing players diving and cheating to win penalties takes me back to our game yesterday at Wembley. The player in the Wembley side (and he knows who he is?!!!) blatantly dived to cheat the referee into winning a free kick and got one of my players booked, the referee fell for it and what was more disgusting was the player then trying to justifiy himself at the end! At his age he should know better! Embarrassing!!!

It is becoming more and more prevalant in the game at the moment and diving and cheating is being used more and more to gain an advantage. Referees are to blame as well as they fall for it when at times its obvious whats going on!

Sorry Ace, but can you explain how is a Ref to blame for a player cheating? Would you as a manager withdraw one of your players if you felt he cheated?

I agree GF, stupid to blame the refs for it. Like blaming a victim of a conman after he cons them out of money!!!!

I would also wager a bet that no manager here would remove a player who won them a penalty with a dive. Were discussing this on talksport the other day with a captain of a side who benefitted from a dive. He said they all knew he dived but noone would be saying anything to said player as it's part of game now.

That and players appealing for set pieces they know aren't theirs, again cheating. Some even then feel it's ok to bark at the officials for not falling for their cheating. Won't change though as players are allowed to get away with it too easily.

Just as I thought the 'referees fan club' get all defensive!!! I am not saying that referees are to blame for every decsion that involves an element of cheating. There are times when a referee is 'blind side' etc etc etc, however; what I witnessed yesterday was comical! There was no contact between the two players and everyone in the ground could see it. The only person who didn't was the referee. Players and fans reactions gave it away, one team in disbelief and angry and one team laughing that the referee has awarded it!!! Who is to blame? The player for diving...........Yes, The referee for giving it.............Yes. (It dosen't help when the assistant laughs at it as well).

But as MoTD demonstates, it happens at the top level and everyone see's this and copy's what they see, referees then allow them to get away with it so they will keep doing it.

So Ace when you get a decision that clearly is wrong you will be telling the ref and getting it reversed ?

No

I'm with you Ace.

I'm feckin sick of useless refs giving a free kick just cos someone's fallen over.

It's happens in the Premier League, it happens in the CCL. Refs are easily fooled cos they're muppets.

I'm sure half of them think we're playing in the 1880's with the old Corinthian/Casuals spirit where no man would go down unintentionally as that wouldn't be right. Sadly they're wrong.

You've just to look at that prick Suarez to see how the refs don't realise that this diving and cheating is trained into players.

Yep and it is down to the Refs to stamp it out. Not the players themselves or perhaps the coaches. Perfectly acceptable for them to cheat (and yes appealing for a throw in that isnt yours is cheating). You moan Ace but you do it and are happy to accept the decision when you get it but moan when it happens against you. Tough sh1t mate.

Roll on your reaction when one of your players is booked for simulation !!!

So Ace when you get a decision that clearly is wrong you will be telling the ref and getting it reversed ?

No point doing that Kroons,as we know once a Referee has made his decision,changing it is not in their make up.Makes them look Human!!!!!!!!!

No point doing that Kroons,as we know once a Referee has made his decision,changing it is not in their make up.Makes them look Human!!!!!!!!!

..... not only that Smudger, moaning and groaning, (dissent, by any other name), only hardens the referee to be even more watchful of the 'moaner' and his team.

So, a pointless exercise on the part of the 'moaner' in the long run !

Edited by Big J R

Ref at Egham yeasterday made a mistake and when one of our bench asked him why he had not followed the Rules was told im the ref and i do what i want lol

Yep and it is down to the Refs to stamp it out. Not the players themselves or perhaps the coaches. Perfectly acceptable for them to cheat (and yes appealing for a throw in that isnt yours is cheating). You moan Ace but you do it and are happy to accept the decision when you get it but moan when it happens against you. Tough sh1t mate.

Krooner, There is a distictive difference between appealing for a throw in that you believe to be yours and diving no where near an opponent's leg in order to cheat a referee into a decsion.

Read again Ace , it was stated that appealing for a throw in you know isn't yours is cheating. Players are well within their rights to appeal if they honestly believe it's theirs, it's the players that appeal when they know full well it's not theirs that are cheating and really p*** me off. I'm not a ref just a football watcher who finds the constant moaning, swearing and now cheating at this level really off putting and am not surprised by the low attendances in a league that must rank as one if the worst I have seen for the above.

I'm with you Ace.

I'm feckin sick of useless refs giving a free kick just cos someone's fallen over.

It's happens in the Premier League, it happens in the CCL. Refs are easily fooled cos they're muppets.

I'm sure half of them think we're playing in the 1880's with the old Corinthian/Casuals spirit where no man would go down unintentionally as that wouldn't be right. Sadly they're wrong.

You've just to look at that prick Suarez to see how the refs don't realise that this diving and cheating is trained into players.

Correct VP ! I know for a fact that some clubs in higher leagues and other countries (won't mention South American clubs... ha ha!) they actually do training sessions for dives and free kicks. In training, it's one v one and when the player is tackled (fouled), he is taught to spin round and make a noise to make the foul look alot worse than it was. The same procedure goes for diving, where the player with the ball pushes it past the defender then he ensures that one of his legs entangles with the defenders leg then falls over......... watched the session over and over again, the players became masterful with the exercise and was convincing I have to say !

I have to sympathise with the refs simply 'cos the dives and fouls are convincing, this is where their assistants should help more which I think they are now doing certainly at pro level. At CCL and Ryman level, I have been told and heard on many occasions from the assistant themselves, that their brief from the ref is that they can only give offsides and throw-ons ! I must say that is gradually changing as I see more assistants flaging for free kicks nowadays which can only help the ref and the game in general.

..... not only that Smudger, moaning and groaning, (dissent, by any other name), only hardens the referee to be even more watchful of the 'moaner' and his team.

So, a pointless exercise on the part of the 'moaner' in the long run !

Must say B.J.R.that the standard of Officiating has improved massively over the past 2 Seasons in C.C.L.,this includes Assistants.I think the poorer ones must of hung up their boots.

Krooner, There is a distictive difference between appealing for a throw in that you believe to be yours and diving no where near an opponent's leg in order to cheat a referee into a decsion.

Agree with that but how often do you appeal for a throw you KNOW is not yours. I say make diving a sending off offence and if players are caught on video diving at the top level 3 match ban and the team loses the points from that game.

1. VPCTFC

'Yes, it's down to the refs to uphold the laws of the game. Book the players responsible instead of trying to pass the blame onto someone else for a change.'

So, in effect, you recognise that players cheat but feel that it is not the responsibility of clubs to play some part in educating their players not to? Would you agree that prevention is better that a cure, i.e. that players don't act in that way in the first place thereby negating the need for referees to deal with the act itself?

2. Egg&Ham

'Ref at Egham yeasterday made a mistake and when one of our bench asked him why he had not followed the Rules was told im the ref and i do what i want lol'

What law did the referee not follow (uphold)?