Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Fixtures & Results - 3/4 September

o the north' timestamp='1315161244' post='1753053']

Division 1 is looking like a three horse race at the moment isn't it between Ampthill Town, Cranfield United and Tokyngton Manor

Overlooked anyone???

Rhodes likes a dead cert (he's never one to back anything else)

First game of the season v Ampthill, if the Ref had sent off their player first 20 mins for no less than what was 4 seperate bookable offences we'd have had no complaints later during the game.

By posting their reputation on here, and it appears more common than not, then as PTG said, Ref's do talk to each other, hopefully soon it will be their undoing.

:top:

SPS were the same against Amersham on Tuesday, player sent off stood behind bench and threatened to beat the F**k out of Amersham Coach, all encourgaed by the manager!!! I feel sorry for drew and the rest of the committee at SPS who are a nice bunch of lads. Trouble is refs cant be bothered to submit full reports to the league and this kind of thing goes on and on.

Players sent off have to go to the dressings rooms.

The paperwork that Referees submit to the League is comprehensive and covers not only breaches of Competition Rules but Yellow / Red cards and Misconduct by Players, Club Officials and Spectators.

SPS were the same against Amersham on Tuesday, player sent off stood behind bench and threatened to beat the F**k out of Amersham Coach, all encourgaed by the manager!!! I feel sorry for drew and the rest of the committee at SPS who are a nice bunch of lads. Trouble is refs cant be bothered to submit full reports to the league and this kind of thing goes on and on.

The paperwork that Referees submit to the League is comprehensive and covers not only breaches of Competition Rules but Yellow / Red cards and Misconduct by Players, Club Officials and Spectators.

Typical referee - everything in triplicate :lol:

Give me a break.

My computer is playing up.

Highlights from the Stotfold v Enfield Town game from yesterday below.. for more pictures and a report please click on the link to the cold end.

Well done to Stotfold on their Cup shock. On one hand I'm a very disapointed ETFC fan but on the other as a supporter of the SSMFL I can only congratulate The Eagles.

Warning - Contains a little bit of industrial language!!!

[media='']

[/media]

I took the train and then a bus to AFC Dunstable v Grays Athletic. The ODs were a credit to themselves and the SSML. Grays were the better side, but Dunstable gave them a real go, and could have snatched a draw near the end after the visitors played the last 30 minutes or so with 10 men.

A good game and a nice ground, at least it will be when finished. The heavy pre match rain made the surrounding areas very muddy and the bar wasn't licensed so they missed out on plenty of trade with a good crowd present.

I look forward to getting to a Dunstable Town game in a few months when the ground has been developed further.

Flesh on the bones from yesterday:

Sunday 4 September

F.A. Cup Preliminary Round

2 3 AFC Dunstable v Grays Athletic

0 0 Aylesbury United v North Leigh

http://www.aylesburyunitedfc.co.uk/

3 2 Romford v Royston Town (at Aveley FC)

http://www.romfordfc.com/s/results-reports-8433.html?official=0&fixture_id=687509

http://www.roystontownfc.co.uk/match-reports/match-report-romford-v-royston-town/

A comprehensive report on this one from another’s Forum, it was always going to be a tough draw for Royston:

FA Cup Sponsored by Budweiser, Preliminary Round

Romford 3(1)-(1)2 Royston Town

Played at Aveley FC

Millfield, Mill Road, Aveley, nr Grays, Essex

Attendance: 191

Admission: £8. Didn't purchase programme

Also purchased: Can of 7up and Mars bar = £1.70. From clubhouse large glass of coke (beer festival to go to after the game) £1.80

My first trip to Millfield this season, where little appears to have changed. Normally I end up here on a cold winter's Monday night. Today, after the beautiful day yesterday, virtually the whole game was played in pouring rain, which started just after kick off at 1.30, prompting a mass dash by supporters to the stand. I never have much luck there!

The visitors were Royston, one of the favourites for the Spartan South Midlands title I understand, looking for promotion to Romford's level. With a good crowd, and quite a few travelling from the Hertfordshire/Cambridgeshire border, this promised to be a close contest.

Romford started brightest though, despite not always making the most of their possession. On two minutes a player was clear down the left, but the Royston keeper blocked his shot. However he was left cruelly exposed for Rom's opening goal on 11 minutes, when first one, then two defenders failed to clear a ball forward, under pressure from a pursuing Romford player, who promptly snatched the ball, rounded the keeper, and slotted home. A poor goal to give away, especially when up against higher level opposition. The Ryman Div 1 North side continued to dominate the jaded looking visitors, and on 18 minutes intercepted a defensive clearance down the left, but there was nobody in the middle to slot the ball home, and that prompted a rare Royston attack on the break, ending in a shot just over. The home side almost doubled their lead on 33 minutes when a header following a cross from the right was deflected by a defender onto the bar. Against the run of play, Royston equalised after more shocking defending. Two defenders seemed to get in each other's way when trying to clear a ball into the box, and a Royston player stole the ball, his shot was saved but the keeper lost his grasp of the ball, and despite desperate attempts to reclaim it, it was forced over the line. Romford lost all momentum after that, and were relieved to hear the half time whistle.

Any hopes Royston had of turning things round though were dashed just after the restart, when some sleepy defenders allowed Romford to get a shot in, which was cleared off the line, but the ball fell to another Romford player who hooked over his shoulder from six yards into the net, and Romford were back in front. It was almost a repeat of the first half, with the home side on top in the early stages.

Yet Royston nearly, and should have levelled for the second time, when a player broke into the right of the box, but with acres of time and just the keeper ahead, he tried to run the ball in instead of shoot first time, and he eventually came across one defender too many. His miss was magnified barely a minute later, when a defender made a mess of a ball upfield, a Romford player was straight onto it, the keeper saved his initial effort, but the follow-up was slotted an a slight angle between a defender on the line and post. 3-1, and it looked like game over with 20 minutes left.

Chances followed at either end, with a Romford cross just over an attacker's head, whilst Royston had a shot straight at the Romford goalie. The away side did start pressing out of hope more than anything in the last ten minutes, and almost scored on 83 minutes when a shot in a crowded penalty area went inches wide. However they did set-up a grandstand finish moments later when a cross was headed in from 18 yards by an unmarked chap. With a minute to go, Romford survived an almighty goalmouth scramble, but on the break and with the Royston keeper on the halfway line from the last desperate attack, Romford nearly sealed it, when a player ran clear, and the backpeddling keeper did extremely well to get back and pull off a one handed save to his left from the goalbound shot.

Some off-the-ball stuff relating to a Romford player not going back the full ten yards for a Royston free kick in their own half before the end, but Romford held on to avoid a long midweek trip up the M25 and A10. Royston looked good with the ball, but some costly errors scuppered any hopes of progressing further in the competition, although Romford could easily have been out of sight in the first half hour anyway.

Good pics and excellent video coverage Cold End. Saw myself on there! Gate just 196? A bit shocked it was only that! I will be doing my blog of the game sometime this week.

Definitely a penalty for the handball, but the sub had upset the ref just before it with consistent moaning, and I think it may have counted against him with the shot and when he may have been bundled over later on.

Great videos coldend can you please come and watch a Hanwell Town game this season ;)

Edited by Savagebee

o the north' timestamp='1315161244' post='1753053']

Overlooked anyone???

No I don't think so, not Cockfosters anyway!

FA Cup Sponsored by Budweiser, Preliminary Round

Romford 3(1)-(1)2 Royston Town

However he was left cruelly exposed for Rom's opening goal on 11 minutes, when first one, then two defenders failed to clear a ball forward, under pressure from a pursuing Romford player, who promptly snatched the ball, rounded the keeper, and slotted home. A poor goal to give away, especially when up against higher level opposition.

Any hopes Royston had of turning things round though were dashed just after the restart, when some sleepy defenders allowed Romford to get a shot in, which was cleared off the line, but the ball fell to another Romford player who hooked over his shoulder from six yards into the net

From the anorak’s report it doesn’t sound at all like the Royston we all know and love does it

Where Cranfield United are concerned it obviously all hinges on whether Stuart Reynolds stays injury free throughout the season

Where Cranfield United are concerned it obviously all hinges on whether Stuart Reynolds stays injury free throughout the season

well stu is a big part but if you look in the top scorers chart i think Cranfield have 4 if not 5 players in the top 15, team (squad) game hey.

we will see

pat