Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

IT HAS TO BE A PIRATE

I know there's a ground swell of support for a shrimp but I really think we need to go down the pirate route as the Fleet mascot.

In my report of the Hereford game in this week's Reporter I even suggest that the mighty Fleet sail the seven seas of the Conference plundering points from the rich. I put forward stand in Cap'n Lee Shearer as the ideal role model if fitted with a bandana and eye patch. Scary or what???

If we did settle on a pirate sometime soon I am sure Glenn could persuade Brian BLessed(a god in Flash - aha!)to come down and launch our pirate mascot becuase he is playing Captain Hook in Peter Pan at the Orchard in Dartford this Christmas.

What a great PR opportunity!! I can see it now - Brian Blessed, Cap'n Shearer in full Johnny Depp gear and the mascot! Marvellous! It would make a brilliant photo.

There is somewhere a link with the town and shrimps, what it is I must confess to not having the faintest idea. A 7' shrimp would be fun but I must agree a pirate is more suited to the club nickname. Look, Graham is raring to go on this, he's willing to fund it himself. Chas has made some good suggestions re the PR side of it. There could be wonderful opportunities here. All Graham is waiting for is the OK from the club. And he's still waiting......and still waiting.....and still waiting.

Quote:
John@TheFleet said:
There is somewhere a link with the town and shrimps,

There was a local poet who compiled books of his poems. Unfortunately his name is forgotten to myself, but my late gran had all the books - I think my aunt had them when she passed away.
One of these books was called 'Shrimps for Tea'.
Strange enough, one of the locations that used to sell it was the old Reporter offices.....

Quote:
majorman6 said:
I wish the club would get back to me!!!! Your right John im waitin and waiting and ... well you know. Come on Glenn let me know the fans want it & if im pants wel drop it!!! It wont cost the club a penny!! Please someone get back to me!!! Up the super reds!!

Just go ahead and do it - or ring the club!

He hasn't bought it yet. The last thing he wants to do is shell-out (no 'shrimp' pun intended!) for a suit only to be told he's not allowed in the ground (probably unlikely) or not allowed on the pitch (not so unlikely). He has to have the club's permission to do all the things you'd expect a mascot to do as well as be in all the places he'd need to be. These suits can easily cost a couple of grand so I'm not suprised he's doing nowt until he gets the go-ahead.

Personally, I'm 100% for it. Why not? Teams in leagues below us have got them as well as above. If it's good enough for a Premiership side, it's certainly good enough for us. I can't see a problem for the club, only benefits.