Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

i think we need a new striker

mr c gull

calling for batchy to go was probably a bit to spur of the moment and not thought through i just wanted to get some idea from within the club of accountability as manager and director, johns done more for canvey than i can ever do by just paying and watching but things have changed as MATT H said the footballs been getting negative since glen arrived i watched batchys reserves and it was a joy and when he took over from king it was great but its slowly getting duller and duller we were spoilt under king but on that day in may 2006 when his team won the essex thameside trophy against maldon and then the new canvey team (the reserves) batchys team played leyton in a great match and the next few seasons these kids played great stuff and i felt this was my club not bought success but its got to a point where most games are instantly forgettable and someone has to bring this up to john and sort it, is it only about results the 3 points as GB said performance,style and watchability dont get points results do but at this level i think coming out and enjoying a match is as big as results whatever happens its this league or lower half of the blue square south we cant compete financially with the upper half of that league, for me my 15 years of canvey have been great i love the club the worst time was when we were in the conference it had become too serious just the points mattered and we are there again, GB said they went to bury played attractive attacking football and lost next week you will win and then draw but for me its the style the entertainment that matters only 300-400 care, i have a question for posters on here would you rather finish mid to top half of the ryman beat concord and ricay with some decent cup runs with attractive attacking entertaining football with goals at both ends or get promoted to struggle in the blue square with the football were producing now nicking points 0-0, 1-0 tedious football, the home game against concord last year had a big effect on me i was jealous there team young vibrant and there management annoying but buzzing encourageing that should be us were THE team on canvey, everyone that day from the players management and supporters looked beaten and now we look scared to lose and have carried the effect of that game into this season, GAFFER take your rallying cry into the top of this club shake them up and lets start having a go, non league football its grassroots where the kids can start in football the 3 points are important but so is the style and entertainment win lose or draw,

Personally, I think since Glen has come onboard the team has looked much more organised and played some nicer football. I can't say that about recent performances though.

3 points are the most important thing, but we've only just managed that in recent games. Everyone has been saying that we were going to come unstuck playing as we have been, and that's finally happened. We need to pick ourselves up from recent performances and get back to playing great football - much like we did for a large part of the 2nd half of last season.

There are some very good points being made on here and I don’t think we should be calling for our manager to be sacked! Sometimes we may question his decisions but he gives his all to this club and I certainly don’t think he should be sacked.

A very good point is made above about how quick we all are to criticise and moan when we play badly. The biggest topics on here are always the ones where we are moaning and groaning instead of where we are praising our team and talking about the good things.

So we put in a bad performance on Tuesday night, but everyone has their off days. I know we haven’t played particularly well so far but as mentioned above, it is only 8 games into the season, lets not panic just yet! I have no doubt that we will pull ourselves together and get back to our winning ways soon enough!

I think it’s unfair to blame certain players. I agree you could maybe pick out a couple who aren’t on top form but I don’t think it’s fair to come across as blaming individuals. We should be supporting our boys not attacking them. Constructive criticism is never a bad thing but just out right saying you think someone has played badly or deserves to be dropped or whatever isn’t helpful!! We must remember that all the majority of us do is come and watch a game once a week, we’re not there during training or team talks etc. We don’t know what else goes on so maybe we shouldn’t be so quick to judge. I think it’s much more important to encourage the boys rather than attack them personally.

One other point is that, whilst watching the game, the young lad who was standing next to me said “Why are they just trying to get Andy to do his dance to the Aveley manager instead of singing for the team and trying to encourage them?” And doesn’t he have a point? I know it’s hard to stay positive during difficult games sometimes but we should try to keep encouraging the boys and shouting abuse/swearing etc etc is never going to help anyone! Not that I am saying Andy's dance to the Aveley manager is the same as shouting abuse etc but I think you can see my point.

Let’s get back behind the boys for Saturday!!

There are some very good points being made on here and I don’t think we should be calling for our manager to be sacked! Sometimes we may question his decisions but he gives his all to this club and I certainly don’t think he should be sacked.

A very good point is made above about how quick we all are to criticise and moan when we play badly. The biggest topics on here are always the ones where we are moaning and groaning instead of where we are praising our team and talking about the good things.

So we put in a bad performance on Tuesday night, but everyone has their off days. I know we haven’t played particularly well so far but as mentioned above, it is only 8 games into the season, lets not panic just yet! I have no doubt that we will pull ourselves together and get back to our winning ways soon enough!

I think it’s unfair to blame certain players. I agree you could maybe pick out a couple who aren’t on top form but I don’t think it’s fair to come across as blaming individuals. We should be supporting our boys not attacking them. Constructive criticism is never a bad thing but just out right saying you think someone has played badly or deserves to be dropped or whatever isn’t helpful!! We must remember that all the majority of us do is come and watch a game once a week, we’re not there during training or team talks etc. We don’t know what else goes on so maybe we shouldn’t be so quick to judge. I think it’s much more important to encourage the boys rather than attack them personally.

One other point is that, whilst watching the game, the young lad who was standing next to me said “Why are they just trying to get Andy to do his dance to the Aveley manager instead of singing for the team and trying to encourage them?” And doesn’t he have a point? I know it’s hard to stay positive during difficult games sometimes but we should try to keep encouraging the boys and shouting abuse/swearing etc etc is never going to help anyone! Not that I am saying Andy's dance to the Aveley manager is the same as shouting abuse etc but I think you can see my point.

As always possibly the most reasoned and sensible post of the lot :applause:

When we lost to concord in the cup I brought up a similar point,I never get onto the eastside much before 3.10pm due to duties,same for the concord game but on arriving it was obvious that the only thing the majority of the fans wanted to do was abuse concord instead of supporting their team,we lost and are now out the cup,so obviously abusing concord didn't help

When we lost to concord in the cup I brought up a similar point,I never get onto the eastside much before 3.10pm due to duties,same for the concord game but on arriving it was obvious that the only thing the majority of the fans wanted to do was abuse concord instead of supporting their team,we lost and are now out the cup,so obviously abusing concord didn't help

Abusing Concord is habitual though (And so is losing to them!!!!!)

Banter is all good and part of football but you need to find the right balance between that and getting behind and encouraging your own team.

Some very interesting bits in there L & H !

I know why i do what i do for our club and that is watching GOOD football !

Edited by Beachboys

as i started the original topic i,m sure with a new striker we would probably have won at least

2 of our home defeats and been well top of the league,and there would have been no need for all the

gloom and doom and 67 wasted posts

Its not been all doom & gloom, there has been some very constructive points put across and people have been talking, its good to talk!!!! Onwards and upwards for the Mighty Yellow Army!!!!!

lets stuff stortford and have 67 posts about it i think we have 8 reasons to beat them and glen is right the forum is back to life, when you mainly go to home games and dont get involved with the inners of the club but you love canvey and watched them for years this forum is very important

• 1 year later...

Haha, very true!

He's been out of the game for a but so I imagine he'll be a bit rusty, but has kept himself in good nick whilst taking part in matches at Birmingham City apparently.

We all know what he can do when he's on his game, let's hope he slots back into the squad nicely and starts scoring some goals to ease the burden on Bradley.

• 4 weeks later...

I took it to mean that as Rowe's injury last week puts him out for at least four weeks according to Tilly, then he needs to be replaced as we currently only have Curran and Woods-Garness as our recognised strikers for the forseeable future.

Losing Rickie Hayles to Hornchurch in the run-up to the end of the season leaves us with only two recognised centre-halves too in Orlu and Blackwell.

I think Tilly needs to tell the squad at the end of the season that anyone that doesn't want to play under him next year should leave straight away and then Tilly be given free reign to bring in his own playing staff and have all pre-season to get them playing his way. I think a couple would be willing to depart in these circumstances.