Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Westfield F.C. v Guernsey F.C. Tuesday 20th September 7.30pm

Smudge

Totally agree Urchin,the Green Lions Forum is absolutely chock a block with posts from their followers.Sensible posts from sensible people,hang on there is a chap posting as Guernsey Donkey,cannot be the same person can it,he is talking sense.

Hang on is that Smudge being nice about Guernsey !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bit tongue in cheek really,averaging 1500 fans,we got more on here than they have on theirs.Or maybe their selective who they let post,maybe I should sign up there.Hang on though G.D. posts,so cant see a problem.

:lol:

I meant not the games in the winter but the cancellations that mean 4 games a week at the end of the season. It has destroyed many a title challenge. I just hope you have enuf players that can make a potential 4 trips to the mainland in 1 week.

I meant not the games in the winter but the cancellations that mean 4 games a week at the end of the season. It has destroyed many a title challenge. I just hope you have enuf players that can make a potential 4 trips to the mainland in 1 week.

Oh ok I get what you mean now. Lots of others have been saying we won't play well on bad pitches which is nonsense in my opinion.

We have great depth in our squad though so I don't think 4 games a week will matter. We are rotating our squad well so far, so although there are 4 games a week any player might only play say 2 or 3

Weeble, i feel it may not be too much of a problem for Guernsey as i think all but 2 games they play after Xmas are home games........whats that all about ?

Weeble, i feel it may not be too much of a problem for Guernsey as i think all but 2 games they play after Xmas are home games........whats that all about ?

I wondered the same but maybe we have stumbled across the answer. It makes playing rearrangements easier for everyone?

I wondered the same but maybe we have stumbled across the answer. It makes playing rearrangements easier for everyone?

Iam surprised a certain somebody hasn't cottoned on to that yet !!!!! lol

Mentioned many moons ago by yours truly.But lets hope the Guernsey Management are greedy for success,and reach the Premier Cup Final,the Div1 Cup Final,there will not be enough Saturdays in the season,to complete their League programme.And another point by coincidence,tomorrows Knaphill home game has been postponed,till the 11th october,I wonder why,not because WESTFIELD ARE PLAYING GUERNSEY ON THE SAME NIGHT SURELY.

Insomnia and gossip has brought me here. Most of Guernsey is murmuring about the infamous Smudge who has dared to 'say some not nice things' about the beloved Lions. How dare anyone.

Actually what I find is a great forum with some interesting posts. Sure some of them a little OTT but you don't get a reaction worth following otherwise. It'll take a while to work out who really knows what they are talking about.

An opinion on tonight's game? Guernsey have been playing some great football home and away. Although people have been saying some nice things about what level we could play at we haven't really outclassed anyone in this league, despite the results. (think MU vs Chelsea this weekend).

Westfield are obviously a good side and I would expect tonight to be a great game of football. I hope we win, but I won't be surprised if we don't. Looking at the early form I would expect Westfield, Bedfont and maybe Spelthorne to take us close especially at their patch.

Hartley outplayed us 1st half on their pitch and contrary to other opinions we will struggle to play on tough surfaces which will get tougher as the season continues. No disrespect to Hartley is meant. The village and club facilities were great and we appreciated great hospitality, but even their staunchest fan would admit the pitch there is a little undulating. We are lucky to have good playing surfaces in Guernsey and all 7 clubs have good facilities.

Most Guernsey fans are just grateful for this opportunity. All the clubs I have visited have been welcoming and I hope fans and players alike have conducted themselves appropriately. The only issue I have encountered was a 7 yr old ball boy at Horley who apparently 'hated' Guernsey.

I can understand why people want to 'take us down', especially with some of the arrogant and disrespectful things that have been posted (even in jest - GD you are entitled to your opinion mate but you aren't making it easy for we who travel away). But I also think it's unfair to tar us with the same brush as Crawley or Truro. None of our players have been purchased nor are they paid. In fact all have paid to play.

I hope tonight is a great game and may the best team win. Whoever does I hope they do so magnanimously and we can share a beer and a burger afterwards. It certainly looks a great facility that puts Footes Lane in it's place. We might have 1000 seats but our facilities are woeful when compared to places like this.

See you tonight, and the rest of you Saturday.

And another point by coincidence,tomorrows Knaphill home game has been postponed,till the 11th october,I wonder why,not because WESTFIELD ARE PLAYING GUERNSEY ON THE SAME NIGHT SURELY.

Apologies but I'm being slow and can't see the connection. What's the story?

Edited by Gsy_Spurs

And another point by coincidence,tomorrows Knaphill home game has been postponed,till the 11th october,I wonder why,not because WESTFIELD ARE PLAYING GUERNSEY ON THE SAME NIGHT SURELY.

Apologies but I'm being slow and can't see the connection. What's the story?

Westfield and Knaphill are near neighbours,the Woking Mayor cannot be in 2 places at the same time,even though he lives in Knaphill.Bigger crowd?

Insomnia and gossip has brought me here. Most of Guernsey is murmuring about the infamous Smudge who has dared to 'say some not nice things' about the beloved Lions. How dare anyone.

Actually what I find is a great forum with some interesting posts. Sure some of them a little OTT but you don't get a reaction worth following otherwise. It'll take a while to work out who really knows what they are talking about.

An opinion on tonight's game? Guernsey have been playing some great football home and away. Although people have been saying some nice things about what level we could play at we haven't really outclassed anyone in this league, despite the results. (think MU vs Chelsea this weekend).

Westfield are obviously a good side and I would expect tonight to be a great game of football. I hope we win, but I won't be surprised if we don't. Looking at the early form I would expect Westfield, Bedfont and maybe Spelthorne to take us close especially at their patch.

Hartley outplayed us 1st half on their pitch and contrary to other opinions we will struggle to play on tough surfaces which will get tougher as the season continues. No disrespect to Hartley is meant. The village and club facilities were great and we appreciated great hospitality, but even their staunchest fan would admit the pitch there is a little undulating. We are lucky to have good playing surfaces in Guernsey and all 7 clubs have good facilities.

Most Guernsey fans are just grateful for this opportunity. All the clubs I have visited have been welcoming and I hope fans and players alike have conducted themselves appropriately. The only issue I have encountered was a 7 yr old ball boy at Horley who apparently 'hated' Guernsey.

I can understand why people want to 'take us down', especially with some of the arrogant and disrespectful things that have been posted (even in jest - GD you are entitled to your opinion mate but you aren't making it easy for we who travel away). But I also think it's unfair to tar us with the same brush as Crawley or Truro. None of our players have been purchased nor are they paid. In fact all have paid to play.

I hope tonight is a great game and may the best team win. Whoever does I hope they do so magnanimously and we can share a beer and a burger afterwards. It certainly looks a great facility that puts Footes Lane in it's place. We might have 1000 seats but our facilities are woeful when compared to places like this.

See you tonight, and the rest of you Saturday.

Good first post GG although I have to disagree with one of your comments.

At the risk of seeming like one of those arrogant posters (not the intention). I think in a couple/few games we have 'outclassed' opponents - (don't forget the number of 4 and 5-0 wins we have had. That's not to disrespect and say other opponents aren't good and that we are superior, just that we have been the far better side in a few games so far. Whether that will continue remains to be seen.

Maybe outclassed is the wrong word because as everyone knows, form is temporary, class is permanent, so maybe rather than outclassed teams we have simply outplayed them, been the better team on the day, however you want to word it

Of course there have been some very close games - Hartley Wintney, Eversley and Spelthorne come straight to mind so there has been a good mixture. We have been excellent in the majority of the games, really had to work hard and battle for points in the others. Tonight's game is another big test.

Also, with regards to the pitches, the only proof so far about us struggling on poor surfaces is he first half of Hartley Wintney (also remember Ross Allen was on the bench until the second half). In the second we were much better and we have played well in the majority of our games on all surfaces both home and away - Eversley and Spelthorne both ahd good surfaces i thought. Eversley in particular was excellent although it was hammering it down.

I wonder what will happen to Footes Lane when the weather gets horrendous and the groundsman has to deal with rugby team using it every other week. We have a full time groundsman though so hopefully that won't be too much of an issue,

Edited by Green Lion

Meeting a few lads in the kingfield arms for a beer b4 game

If its anything like when we used to play u won't make the game son......

Lol will get there mate, you over tonight ? Its blackys pub ! Woking legend mate. Saying that any guernsey followers going and over early will be most welcome

Edited by loop