Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Poor old Gravesend

Their home game tonight has been called off.<p>If ours is on tonight, we could go 8 points clear.<p>I would rather have the points in the bag rather than games in hand.<p>PC999

What a win tonight! 6-1 and four for Boylan!!! Good to see Tilly get one and another fine strike by Parms.<p>That's 13-1 to Canvey against Swifts this season!<p>Has the pre-Burnley form returned.<p>On another point, dispite my criticism good to see Wayne Vaughan come on rearing to go tonight.<p>Pumpkin

Yeh, agree it was good to see Wayne on the park, thought he was a little unlucky with his wide shot, but it was great to see him past the half way line !!!!<p>It'd be great to have a in-form Wayne as the season nears conclsion. Competition for places etc, but Boylan....wow !

this was probably one of the best performances for a long while we absolutely tore them apart in the first 15 minutes with Tily & especially duffy ripping through them down the left.<p>Boylan great performance and Wayne looked that he really want's it and was unlucky on a few occasions not to be on the score sheet.<p>Lets keep bagging the three points and the pressure is mounting on the shoulders of Gravesend after every game.

You have to feel sorry for the few saddos at G&N (only a few, most are decent blokes like me - oh, hang on though, that's not much of a compliment is it!). There is a group of them who really believe that Canvey have pulled in a few favours from the league in order to get the Heybridge game on last night and/or Heybridge were given some sort of financial inducement to play. Somebody has even posted that, with luck, the weather will stay wet and Canvey won't get the ground improvements finished.<p>Perhaps it's meant to be tongue in cheek, but it does make that group of fans look scared - and stupid. <p>1. Can you imagine Mr Turvey doing Canvey any favours? (like he did at the end of last season). <p>2. Would we need a financial aid to get Heybridge to play the game that was already scheduled (and put on hold) before the Yeovil game was even thought about? <p>3. Would Canvey really have to pay Heybridge to lose? (sorry Heybridge, nice club but not much good at football). <p>4. Do they really want promotion on a technicality, i.e. Canvey being top but not having ground grading?<p>5. Am I sounding as sad as them?<p>6. Can Dr Zbungle help them?<p>7. Can Dr Zbungle help me?<p>Merv CIFC

I actually hope the title is decided on the pitch - as a Gravesend fan, I , like many others, believe we are good enough to beat you in a fair fight - but then I wouldnt object if we finish second (which we wont !) and you were refused promotion due to your ground not being up to it ( & be honest, wouldnt you say the same, if the same situation were possible the other way round ??)<p>There was clearly nothing wrong in arranging the Heybridge game as cover for the Yeovil game, as long as both teams and the Ryman League agreed and this was clearly the case. Yours wasnt the first instance of this during the current season anyway, as Hampton had done the same recently.<p>Good luck for the rest of the season & may the best team come out on top at the end of the season (as Mr C Gull has posted on our message board, its a shame that there is only 1 promotion spot available, as we are both good teams & are both clearly superior to the other teams in our league.Both of us would, I am sure, hold our own in the Conference next season)

Looking at the G&N forum, they have resorted now to calling Canvey cheats, and paying Heybridge to play us last night.<p>At least Dave (G&N), has corrected some of them, pointing out that our fixture was arranged some time ago, and in fact was the original fixture for last night anyway.<p>PC999

I am sure if they are resorting to calling us cheats that they must start to feel that the title could be slipping away from them, We cannot be blamed for there game being called off.<p>I was talking to a few die hard Heybridge fans last night and they were happy to get this one out of the way as there opinion is that we ar the best team in the league and they would have lost whenever they played us.<p>One fan was syaing that if we do not get promoted he thinks that Heybridge should refuse to play us again as it is no good for the morale of there team.

Cheats huh!! I mean playing a fixture on its original planned date is bang out of order......... Then there's those floodlights the night when we played Gravesend......and last season when we successfully got the league extended (not)......and when CIFC management tried to get the G&N game re-arranged so soon after the Burnley game. And And And.<p>Cheats my ringer !!

We've got a few goodies going on here - Merv being VERY sensible (despite needing help from his alter ego), Alan Wyatt (an extremely fair Gravesend fan by all accounts) and even Bob Dylan using Bob Willis's name (work THAT one out, Merv).<p>It happened to us last year, and we suffered ultimately with a major fixture congestion, so let's hope the rain that stops us from completing the ground improvements also stops G&N from playing a few more games on schedule. Then we can see how strong they really are towards the end of the season.