Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

So Guernsey have won CCL1, who's coming 2nd and 3rd?

bomaya

It is perhaps worth making the point at an early stage that, in certain circumstances, it may not be possible to promote the top three clubs from Division One, even if they do all have the facilities to go up. Club Secretaries are aware of this.

It would happen, for example, if two clubs were demoted to us from Step 4 with only the champion club going up from the CCL. If nothing else happened to distort the situation, the three bottom clubs in the Premier would then go down to be replaced by the top two from Division One, to make up 22. It is highly unlikely that the FA would allow us to operate with more than 22 clubs in the Premier Division, even if we wanted to. Facilities (or the lack of them) could also play a part in the final reckoning.

The bottom two in Ryman Div 1 South at the moment are Sussex clubs so hopefully it won't happen, although in saying that, North Greenford and Bedfont Town currently occupy the bottom two places in the Central Division of the Southern League. Long way to go yet though!

Not blaming u whitelaw for this but what a load of bo**ocks!

So frustrating not knowing what is gonna happen at the end of the season!

So basically if it comes down to the last few games and we guarentee 3rd spot for example we still wont know if we are going up!!

Football is about moments and what an anti climax it would be if a team would get into a promotion spot with the facilities in place and not go up!

I suppose this is what comes with this level!

So basically all the effort that has been put in over the season going from the players, management team and back room staff in a club could be pointless at the end of the season if this does happen and they will have to do it all again the following season to try and get promotion which is going to be even harder because it is getting harder and tougher each season for teams.

It does seem a bit frustrating that the number of teams promoted from CCL1 is dependent on other matters entirely out of the teams' control!

I am surprised people think GFC have the league sewn up when Hartley Wintney could go above them with their games in hand, albeit points in the bag are always better. HW have proved what a good side they are with their cup runs, although my feeling is that GFC will still just edge it.

From what I have seen, I predict:

1. GFC.

2. HW.

3. Eversley

Spelthorne, Staines Lammas and Warlingham, Bedfont and a late run from Cobham will be in the race for 3rd with Eversley, but just fancy the latter to egde it. Plenty of games left though so realistically probably 10 teams still in with a chance (providing 3 go up!)

In answer to the question about a Re-structure at Step 5 (the FA proposal to reduce the number of Step 5 leagues from 14 to 12), I have heard nothing more since we attended at a meeting of the FA Committee who are dealing with the issue, back in September.

The next step after speaking to all the Step 5 leagues was for the FA, through their sub-committee to speak to all the clubs throughout the country at Step 5, which would presumably be through a series of meetings. This was scheduled to take place in October but there has obviously been a delay for whatever reason. Maybe the difficulties in reducing the number of leagues cannot easily be overcome.

I am sure we will hear in due course, however, the proposed re-structure is unlikely to have a bearing upon what happens at the end of this current season.

As far as the promotion situation is concerned, this is not something new and is probably unlikely to happen. However, it is far better for all concerned to be aware of the possibility in time for those clubs involved, to strive to finish as high as they can, rather than thinking that third place will guarantee promotion.

So basically if it comes down to the last few games and we guarentee 3rd spot for example we still wont know if we are going up!!

Football is about moments and what an anti climax it would be if a team would get into a promotion spot with the facilities in place and not go up!

Are you transferring to one of the teams involved then Brunty ? :D

Its certainly not Whitelaws fault, but Its the same every year in the CCL Brunts, just another Deja Vu ! Anyway, what teams in the CCL Prem are entering for the Play-off Cup .............!

I'm still trying to get my head round who goes where when promoted/relegated. This is not me thinking GFC have two promotions sewn up, but trying to expand my knowledge of the pyramid system now that my island is part of it.

I'm still trying to get my head round who goes where when promoted/relegated. This is not me thinking GFC have two promotions sewn up, but trying to expand my knowledge of the pyramid system now that my island is part of it.

The National League System is explained from page 165 in the FA Handbook

http://www.thefa.com/TheFA/~/media/Files/PDF/TheFA/FA%20Handbook%202010-11/FAHandbook-update-1011.ashx/FAHandbook-update-1011.pdf

Hkp there are no hard and fast rules. Guernsey would presumably have to come up with a similar travel arrangement as the ccl. The two destinations would be either the Isthmian League South (Ryman) or one of the two Southern Leagues at step four.

But as I mentioned the 2012/2013 season when guernsey will be in the combined counties premier could be the fa decide to restructure things at step five so things could be very different.

Green Fingers, Eversley are certainly leaving it late to meet the ground grading deadline. As well as floodlights there are a number of other improvements required before being considered for promotion, would be a massive shame if they were to finish 2nd or 3rd and not be able to go up - great set-up, fantastic pitch, good management, some very good players and seem to be a well run club by a few youthful lads. Unfortunately though there is a lot of work needed in a very short space of time....echoes of Knaphill 2/3 seasons ago.....and look whats happened to them since then!! Perhaps Mr Savage is just destined to stay in Div 1??

Hkp there are no hard and fast rules. Guernsey would presumably have to come up with a similar travel arrangement as the ccl. The two destinations would be either the Isthmian League South (Ryman) or one of the two Southern Leagues at step four.

But as I mentioned the 2012/2013 season when guernsey will be in the combined counties premier could be the fa decide to restructure things at step five so things could be very different.

Well lets hope so Bommie ! Its about time the CCL Prem had TWO teams promoted either by form of Runners-Up or by play-off system, now that would make the CCL Premier more interesting for all clubs, management and players concerned meanwhile, we still have the Play-off Cup to consider !

Edited by NICE GUY

Green Fingers, Eversley are certainly leaving it late to meet the ground grading deadline. As well as floodlights there are a number of other improvements required before being considered for promotion, would be a massive shame if they were to finish 2nd or 3rd and not be able to go up - great set-up, fantastic pitch, good management, some very good players and seem to be a well run club by a few youthful lads. Unfortunately though there is a lot of work needed in a very short space of time....echoes of Knaphill 2/3 seasons ago.....and look whats happened to them since then!! Perhaps Mr Savage is just destined to stay in Div 1??

Hi,

We are currently going through the planning application process for the floodlights. It is hoped that all will be completed in the next few weeks. As part of the installation of the lights, we will also put down hard standing on the remaining three sides. It was decided that it makes sense to do this while the equipment for the light installation is on site.

We obtained planning permission for an additional 50 seat stand and 100 standing under cover last year. Pay box is on site and ready to be built.

Other than the above, I don't think there is anything else required to meet the ground grading?

The funding is pretty much all in place, with our annual firework display last Saturday helping to raise an additional 6k towards the project.

Meeting the deadlines will be very tight, however the project timeline is set to meet them with some contingency included.

The note above regarding the possibility of less than three promotion places is quite concerning. However the way around this is to finish in the top 2!

Please let me know if you require any further information.

PS Chubby - I haven't been called youthful in a very long time :D