Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

So Guernsey have won CCL1, who's coming 2nd and 3rd?

bomaya

These end of season anomalies re promotion and relegation are very frustrating for everybody.

We have 14 leagues at step 5 but only 12 promotion places. This is NONSENSE IMHO.

No league would be looking to merge or drop a level so until the steering committee get this resolved, the same problems will arise.

The steering committee was set up to do this yet has failed, regularly, to get it sorted.

This is so unfair on clubs at our level in the premier and first divisions; everyone should know EXACTLY what the situation is as the outset of any season. I accept, for geographical reasons, that clubs need to swap leagues sometimes.

Not sure why we couldn't run with 24 teams in the premier if required?

Can't see beyond Guernsey and Hartley Wintney finishing in the top three. Reckon it will be between Warlingham and Bedfont for the other place.

Ridgeons and Essex could merge as could Sussex and Kent; the latter of these two having smaller leagues?

I don't think it's so much the fact that there are 14 Step 5 leagues and only 12 promotion places as it has never yet occurred where all 14 champions are wanting/able to be promoted, bearing in mind particularly that the champions of the Northern League are rarely interested in progression.

The real problem is that there is only one promotion place available instead of two at the top of the Premier. Through the League's Vice Chairman, Chris Conlon, we have pushed this issue as hard as we can and I believe there is support from most if not all the other Step 5 leagues but it would require additional clubs to be demoted from Step 4 and the higher levels effectively hold the whip hand with the FA so it doesn't happen. At Step 5, we have no official say in who goes up or comes down or to which league clubs are allocated. It is done by the Leagues Committee, or a sub-committee thereof, and there is no Step 5 representation on it.

We have also suggested that where vacancies occur through clubs going out of business, that these should be filled by additional promotion places rather than, as now, reprieves being given to clubs.

I would also mention, solely on a personal basis, that I would have no problem in running with 23 or 24 clubs in the Premier if it enabled a third placed club in Div 1 to be promoted when they would not otherwise be able to come up. These days though, specific permission has to be obtained from the FA to do so and whilst there have been isolated occasions where this has happened, I do not believe approval would be forthcoming if the only reason was to enable a third placed club to come up. Other members of the Management Committee may also disagree with me on this one and it could, of course, cause problems in following seasons as we tried to get back to the 22 norm.

Edited by whitelaw

These end of season anomalies re promotion and relegation are very frustrating for everybody.

We have 14 leagues at step 5 but only 12 promotion places. This is NONSENSE IMHO.

No league would be looking to merge or drop a level so until the steering committee get this resolved, the same problems will arise.

The steering committee was set up to do this yet has failed, regularly, to get it sorted.

This is so unfair on clubs at our level in the premier and first divisions; everyone should know EXACTLY what the situation is as the outset of any season. I accept, for geographical reasons, that clubs need to swap leagues sometimes.

Can't see beyond Guernsey and Hartley Wintney finishing in the top three. Reckon it will be between Warlingham and Bedfont for the other place.

Ridgeons and Essex could merge as could Sussex and Kent; the latter of these two having smaller leagues?

Trouble is Chris, thats 75 teams needing to be reduced to 44 (or even 48 if as you suggest 24 per League) What criteria could be used for ejecting the other teams from Step 5 without causing an almighty fuss?

Trouble is Chris, thats 75 teams needing to be reduced to 44 (or even 48 if as you suggest 24 per League) What criteria could be used for ejecting the other teams from Step 5 without causing an almighty fuss?

If the mergers were agreed, say starting in 2012/13, the top 11 or 12 in each division would form a new premier division with the remainder in division 1?

If the mergers were agreed, say starting in 2012/13, the top 11 or 12 in each division would form a new premier division with the remainder in division 1?

That moves the ejection process down a level - unless you are suggesting more Step 6 Divisions?

Edited by Green_Fingers

Hkp there are no hard and fast rules. Guernsey would presumably have to come up with a similar travel arrangement as the ccl. The two destinations would be either the Isthmian League South (Ryman) or one of the two Southern Leagues at step four.

But as I mentioned the 2012/2013 season when guernsey will be in the combined counties premier could be the fa decide to restructure things at step five so things could be very different.

Well lets hope so Bommie ! Its about time the CCL Prem had TWO teams promoted either by form of Runners-Up or by play-off system, now that would make the CCL Premier more interesting for all clubs, management and players concerned meanwhile, we still have the Play-off Cup to consider !

Unfortunately as white law alludes there is waybmore to thisnthan just our concerns. There are moans every year about how there are nearly twice as many step five leagues in the south as there are in the north. Some people want this redressed so that step 3/4 becomes less southern dominated. One upshot could mean the CCL having to merge with another league such as the Sussex.

tiggger says: guensey what ever the conditions are,are gona win this league.i think bedfont will end 2nd because there a strong organised unit. i can see hartley/spelthorne/eversley/lammas/warlingham scrapping for 3rd. spelthorne have gotta be considered wiv the return of key players and are now finding there feet in the league.

my order:

guernsey

bedfont

spelthorne

hartley

warlingham

eversley

lammas

Lets have a re-visit about 2nd week in January.... Think its Guernsey as champions but is there a team coming up on the rails to sneak into the top 3..........

Edited by Weeble

tiggger says: guensey what ever the conditions are,are gona win this league.i think bedfont will end 2nd because there a strong organised unit. i can see hartley/spelthorne/eversley/lammas/warlingham scrapping for 3rd. spelthorne have gotta be considered wiv the return of key players and are now finding there feet in the league.

my order:

guernsey

bedfont

spelthorne

hartley

warlingham

eversley

lammas

Shame is Tigger if you finish top 3 you won't be eligible for promotion

...and ground not enclosed, no turnstiles...do they have covered accomodation for 200 people?

Of course they may have plans in place for all of this by deadline day!

Correct me if I am wrong, but I am sure Spelthorne have had 1 planning permission for lights already refused, due to the houses opoosite the ground ? Also I am not too sure if they are also in the flight path at Heathrow, which may also be a reason ?

Not sure if anyone from Spelthorne comes on this site, I'm sure they must, so I wonder if Flats reads this site, if so Flats can you enlighten us a bit more ?