Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Essex Senior Cup draw

10. Harlow Town vs Heybridge Swifts

11. Hullbridge Sports vs Brightlingsea Regent

12. Southend United vs Waltham Forest

13. FC Clacton vs Canvey Island

14. Ilford vs Grays Athletic

15. Redbridge vs Aveley

16. Billericay Town vs Colchester United

17. Romford vs Braintree Town

18. Great Wakering Rovers vs Chelmsford City

19. Thurrock vs AFC Hornchurch

20. Brentwood Town vs Stanway Rovers

21. Concord Rangers vs Southend Manor

22. Maldon & Tiptree vs Waltham Abbey

23. East Thurrock United vs Tilbury

24. Dagenham & Redbridge vs Bowers & Pitsea

25. Barking vs Witham Town

Would be nice Bluemangroup, good to see that these matches are now treated like 'League' matches as far as expenses are concerned,all too often in the past teams would travel to Southend,Colchester and Dagenham and be hit with very large 'losses'.

Edited by Basil-Don

Would be nice Bluemangroup, good to see that these matches are now treated like 'League' matches as far as expenses are concerned,all too often in the past teams would travel to Southend,Colchester and Dagenham and be hit with very large 'losses'.

you are fascinated with losses in cup matches........

Fair enough but I doubt dagenham would bring more than a handful of fans to your place,we played them a few years ago in the ESC when there was only a league difference between the two clubs and I don't think they had more than 30 fans in the ground.

If you get to play them though I would hope you stuff them!!!

I am afraid that unless two of the big 3 so called Essex sides play each other in the semis or final then 300 at home is the best most clubs can hope for.

I think there has been the odd decent crowd for a final (we had around 1'000 at roots hall 4 years ago but not sure where they have all fckd off to),I think Chelmsford v Colchester had a decent crowd and maybe semi finals involving ricay v chelmo,Braintree v chelmo even hornchurch v Romford would bring in good gates but on the whole the league sides just dont care

It may of got a few of your old boys pulses racing but I doubt chelmo would be too bothered about the fixture,I seem to remember you playing them at theirs a few seasons ago and not much more than 20 men and their dogs turned up

The last time we played them was a pre season friendly about three years ago at their place, and there was at least four hundred supporters present.

In the sixties and early seventies it was easily the biggest local derby in the non league calender and gates of four thousand plus was the norm. We once beat Chelmsford in an FA Cup match at Brooklands with our little fat centre forward in goal for the whole ninety minutes. It was by far the most exciting match that anyone that had ever seen, or are ever likely to see again, as I'm sure a couple of our ex supporters who now watch their football in the dark side of Havering will confirm.

Agree with you there Rob, in the mid sixties we was arguably the top non league club in the country, with Brooklands being the best stadium as well. Those days are long gone though and I would be surprised if we ever reached those dizzy heights again, although football supporters being the dreamers we are, you never know.

With regard to the stadium situation I would think you are equally concerned, what with falling gates and a massive rent increase happening over the next few years, Bridge Avenue might be just as problematic to you as Westlands is for us.

Although the proposed rent increase is massive we are lucky that I believe the rate we are paying at the moment is quite low.I am also led to believe that it is entirely that,proposed and not set in stone yet and the club are working to bring the cost down to a more reasonable level.

Also we must pay 90% towards the cost of floodlights including repairs whereas the athletics club pay just 10%,which considering they can use the facility 3 nights a week is hardly fair when we use it max 2 nights,some weeks none at all