Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

The History Thread...

Beano

I've been doing some website bits and pieces this evening and have added a new page to the site: specifically, a list of all the known players who have won International caps at Full, Under-23 or Under-21 level and also played for our club..

When I was growing up, I always thought that you could tell you were playing a "big" club because they had players who had represented their country while playing for that club. Most, of course were amateur internationals but some (Dulwich Hamlet spring to mind) had provided players for the main XI. Oddly enough, four players won international caps while Ashford players last season and all are on the list which can be found here:

http://www.ashfordtownmiddlesexfc.com/content/view/1681/57/

Jim Heggarty was not capped during his professional career - this has been confirmed by the Irish FA.

Enjoy!

Beano, Don Soloman also played for us from the Cayman Islands, he made a substitute appearence for the first team and played a few reserve games.

All four of the lads are starting for the Caymen national team in their World Cup qualifiers that are being played at the moment. Last game they lost 1-0 to Suriname

Beano, Don Soloman also played for us from the Cayman Islands, he made a substitute appearence for the first team and played a few reserve games.

All four of the lads are starting for the Caymen national team in their World Cup qualifiers that are being played at the moment. Last game they lost 1-0 to Suriname

Cheers, Ben. I had a nagging feeling I was missing someone!

Its a great idea for the website, gives the youngsters something to strive for!

Talking of youngsters, we do have an ex-Ashford player in the England U16s at the moment, Jordan Houghton, who left us at the end of U9s to join Chelsea and hasn't looked back since!

Rino may get an Albanian call up if he keeps on like last night...