Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Todays game

Everybody else drew today so if we hadn't thrown two points away we could have jumped a few places up the league.

You can't help thinking that letting in a stupid goal in the 92nd minute today has cost us the two points that it took five goals and a lot of effort to pick up at Stevenage and Hereford.

What a waste. frown.gif

While we were far from our best, I thought we just about deserved 1-0. The ref missed everything their No2, Stoker, was up to. He must have committed about 25 fouls before he was booked, and on one occasion he didn't break Gradley's leg only because he missed him with an awful challenge.

Well a boring game, shame really cos we probably had some potential new support due to the free kids thing.

Draw was a fair result, we looked lifeless, a different side from that at hereford, the players never really got going and it was quite scrappy at times. The team in general was poor, Forest Green had done their homework and were able to stop most of our play.

Interesting to note that the FGR keepers complaint for offside on our goal seemed to be for the fact that he felt Haworth touched it on and Drury was offside at that point as he was gesturing to his head as he ran to the ref.

I suspect the initial call was a lot tighter than it appeared - watching games on TV - as players step out and forwards move in, it can sometimes look well offside, yet replays show otherwise.

Not the best of games but having left the ground early today I felt the Fleet had done enough to secure the 3 points - I really should have known better . . .

We lacked the natural width that Ben Walshe has been providing - where was he? Has his loan not been extended? As a result Rob Haworth's game suffered - with few balls from the wing for him to feed off.

Andy Drury is a terrific talent but there were times today when he wanted to dribble round every player on the pitch. By all means beat 1 player, even 2 if you must but if you try beating a third at this level - your lose the ball. I'd much rather see him beat his marker and whip a cross into the box or have a shot at goal as opposed to trying to walk it around the opposition defence in pele fashion.

The decision by the ref in the first half not to red-card the Forest Green player when Pinnock was clean through was quite appalling. If referees have no choice but to apply the letter of the law - the FGR should have walked - there is no room for discretion in such circumstances.

Anybody care to guess how many kids attended today?

Ben Walshe was injured at Training and was limping today, but he said he would be back for the Aldershot Game, cant see it myself,but there appears to be history there,seems to have grudge to settle, so he may make a speedy recovery.

There was about 250 kids today, maybe next time all their mums or dads might turn up.

I still cant believe we dropped two points in the last five seconds, what a difference that would have made to our league position and the teams confidence.

But tuesday is another day and let us get behind the boys and get three more points.

Can't agree with you Jim about the yellow card in the first half, there were two FGR defenders between Pinnock and the goal when he was hauled down so the yellow was the correct decision.

It was a poor game today and as Jim said we certainly missed Walshe. However we haven't lost ground on anybody so a good result on Tuesday would do us the world of good.

Looking forward to that game

Not a good performance..just when it was needed, for several reasons, today. What happened to the sweet football played over the past couple of weeks? Shows exactly what Walshe has added to the team recently.

I agree with other posts that the substitution was a tactical blunder which lost us 2 points. It allowed FGR time to organise themselves and throw 9 men up and, whilst ours were distracted, gifted a goal which looked unlikely, otherwise.

And, as previously mentioned, wiped out the hard earned points gained away, recently.

Hopefully the lads will raise their game and get a good result against the high flying 'Shots' on Tuesday. If not, instead of mid table it's possible to be back down in the bottom 3.

C'mon u redz.....

Putting aside the dissapointment of yesterdays result I think the club should be congratulated on the kids go free day.

Yes it could have been advertised better and earlier and of course there weren't enough hot dogs but at least it is a first step towards attracting more fans to Stonebridge road and that has to be a good thing. applaus.gif applaus.gif applaus.gif

A nice touch letting kids in for free and a free programme as well which was just as well as some of the printing was missing inside making much of it unreadable!

As for the game the ref bottled in completley by not red carding the FGR number 7 for pulling down Pinnock, the old argument about a covering defender but whether he'd have caught Pinnock we'll never know, the 7 obviously didn't think so or why pull him down, it was a clear cut red card. Not the greatest game ever and I've no idea whether our goal was offside or not and as for the last minute equaliser what a time to make a substitution, you should never do that when defending a set peice!

Agree RJS. Mooro also got away with just a yellow for a similar offence late in the game.

Interesting post match interview with AF on TFFC. You can tell he's completely pee'd off about the result and appears to be laying blame on Rob Haworth for not picking up Brodie as well as other team shortcomings! OK some fair points but Miller could have lasted the final minute quite easily and needn't have been sub'd. Come on Andy, fair play here please, it was a poor decision on your part which cost us, at the end of the day.

No matter that's history now, let's put things right tomorrow and grab all 3 points, please!!!

Although Dukes will probably be in for suspended Chris Moore, it looks like Walshe will definitely be missing again thru ankle injury, damn it!

Come on u redz...

Should be a bit happier really, as we stretched our unbeaten run to 5. But we chucked away 2 points, three places in the table and our first clean sheet of the season. Several things could be argued. Daft substitution?...mabye. Red card for the guy that hauled down Pinnock?...possibly. We should have been 2-0 up before they scored?...umm. What can't be argued is that we have to concentrate for 90 minutes or however long the official plays, and on Saturday we didn't. frown.gif