Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Day quits Chertsey!!

Redrup No2

Brave move a club in financial trouble with a full staff of management and players ( who aren't up to the level they play at) on contracts. Be expensive to pay them up and get players in that will keep them up. Will Spencer and Koo have the contacts to get those players and more importantly coach and manage those players. I have to agree with Duncs relegation is a near certainty for Farnborough.

As an aside how can a reformed club get itself in the financial mess they are again in so quickly??? Do these clubs, owners and supporters not learn?

Brave move a club in financial trouble with a full staff of management and players ( who aren't up to the level they play at) on contracts. Be expensive to pay them up and get players in that will keep them up. Will Spencer and Koo have the contacts to get those players and more importantly coach and manage those players. I have to agree with Duncs relegation is a near certainty for Farnborough.

As an aside how can a reformed club get itself in the financial mess they are again in so quickly??? Do these clubs, owners and supporters not learn?

SF who paid for their new stand........a sponsor/s ? Did they actually need it for the level they are at ? Was that stand a waste of money which could have been used more wisely (ie) not get them into financial difficulty ?

Edited by NICE GUY

I have just had it on good authority that Koo is indeed going to Farnborough with Spencer. Nothing on the Farnborough forum which isnt too surprsiing cos they tend to stick their heads in the sand anyway. Still they will be allowed to go pop again and reform and start at Step 4 no doubt

I have just had it on good authority that Koo is indeed going to Farnborough with Spencer. Nothing on the Farnborough forum which isnt too surprsiing cos they tend to stick their heads in the sand anyway. Still they will be allowed to go pop again and reform and start at Step 4 no doubt

Our favourite club, eh Kroons? ;)

I can't really see the attraction of Farnborough FC, they are not a sleeping giant and they don't have potential. Even in the Conference Premier under Westley they struggled to get gates over 1000. It's just not a football town and they will always be the poor relation to Aldershot Town & Woking. The amount of renovation work that's been taking place at the ground for a club with 600 followers is bizarre. Having said that, I do like the resurfaced car park :)

Nevertheless I wish good luck to Spencer & Koo, but like Kroons says the club looks like it's going the same way as last time. Hope i'm wrong.

Our favourite club, eh Kroons? ;)

I can't really see the attraction of Farnborough FC, they are not a sleeping giant and they don't have potential. Even in the Conference Premier under Westley they struggled to get gates over 1000. It's just not a football town and they will always be the poor relation to Aldershot Town & Woking. The amount of renovation work that's been taking place at the ground for a club with 600 followers is bizarre. Having said that, I do like the resurfaced car park :)

Nevertheless I wish good luck to Spencer & Koo, but like Kroons says the club looks like it's going the same way as last time. Hope i'm wrong.

They've done the pot hole car park at last ! Well resurfacing saves them receiving any claims for car damage......ha ha !!! TRS I just couldn't see the point for their new stand when they cant fill it, is it money well spent ? Whos money was it ? Yes, very bizarre

will you be applying for the vacant managers job NG it would be a good opportunity for you to get back into management and just think JJ would be there right beside you.

Actually I am considering it Duncs........

But I thought Shipperley has got the job, according to an earlier post. Confusing an't the word.

So is Spencer going in as Manager then? What happens to Haylock and Hall? Or has he been asked for financial input too?

I know they are playing Aldershot in Hants Cup, could be an interesting evening after Spencers previous there!

What makes you think they may need financial help SF? <_<

http://companycheck.co.uk/company/06300644

as far as i am aware, the chertsey job has yet to be filled. The Chertsey chairman was away on Saturday.

Spencer will be taking the Monday night match away to Beaconsfield.

Correct JJ, it hasn't and it is Spencers final game on Monday.

I have thru' the grapevine that 'allegedly' current players on contract may be allowed to leave as Chertsey will not be able to honour the contract. You heard it here first folks ! Here comes the vultures...............!!!

Edited by NICE GUY

So is Spencer going in as Manager then? What happens to Haylock and Hall? Or has he been asked for financial input too?

I know they are playing Aldershot in Hants Cup, could be an interesting evening after Spencers previous there!

What makes you think they may need financial help SF? <_<

http://companycheck....ompany/06300644

Very interesting GF........thats alot of money !

1.2 million of liabilities!!!!! Like I said how has this been allowed to happen after their recent history? And that was at the end of last year, will have increased by now. Think Kroons may be right about the head in the sand mentality.

Think Weebs men may end up safe via default with Truro also looking in trouble and Staines in freefall after Mr Boons sad passing.

Spencer is a good man , who has done wonders for chertsey , would there actually be a chertsey were it not for him ,

As for the new man (shipps) good luck .

Will all the players stay !!!!!

Would Aldershot have had to drop out of the football league without him shafting them? I have never been released by him, and am not going by word of mouth. He is a cancer to the sport and should never have been allowed in charge of a club again. Sad day for Farnborough if it's true.

Fat Boy, are you a Aldershot Fan? To call some one a Cancer is wrong, especially after all that he had done at Chertsey, just ask there entire youth teams and the players at the club, ok he bombed players, but he was paying good money so why should he keep paying and playing players that he doesnt want, unfortunately Spencer gets a lot of bad press from people who do not know him and think that's purely a jealous thing regarding his money.