Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Day quits Chertsey!!

Redrup No2

as far as i am aware, the chertsey job has yet to be filled. The Chertsey chairman was away on Saturday.

Spencer will be taking the Monday night match away to Beaconsfield.

As far as I'm aware Shipperley was in the Bedfont clubhouse on Saturday claiming to have accepted the job at Chertsey...The person he told then spoke to Nut and others there, I wasn't there so only going by what I was told...

Spot on ellers!!

I have to be honest some of the sh8t on her is at times unbelievable. To many people think there in the know.

The personal attacks on Spencer are completey uncalled for. Speaking as a person who left the club after 4 years of service until his arrival (although we did 3 games and won all 3 together i think i might be qualified). I left because i wanted the job but Spencer took it himself so i vacated. No bad feelings at all. No matter what you think he has done a great job for the club. My only fear now is were the club go and what is the financial repocussions ? The green eyed monster can be a strange thing !.

Agree with that. Too much personal nonsense at times.

Anyway already looking like Spencer has some locals to win over.

http://www.notabadname.org.uk/index.php?t=msg&th=737&start=0&

Dont worry spence they will soon be treating you like a saviour come to rescue them from the previous owners. Bit like they did with Simon Hollis oh and Graham Westley......

Attacks Yossa??? Only one reply like that and for me he is entitled to his opinion same as JJ and Ellers. Noone is doubting his great work at Chertsey, they would still be a CCL club without his input. Aldershot fans no doubt would have preferred him to never have been their club.

For me this move for him is very brave, maybe foolish depending on what his input will be. If as a manager then a very brave decision to go to a club with the problems I mentioned earlier, finances, contracted players not good enough and full time on less than part time money. But good luck to him and his team. If he is going in financially then with the clubs current problems and track record it is a foolish move. Large running costs for staff and a ground equipped better than they need but needing upkeep.

Attacks Yossa??? Only one reply like that and for me he is entitled to his opinion same as JJ and Ellers. Noone is doubting his great work at Chertsey, they would still be a CCL club without his input. Aldershot fans no doubt would have preferred him to never have been their club.

For me this move for him is very brave, maybe foolish depending on what his input will be. If as a manager then a very brave decision to go to a club with the problems I mentioned earlier, finances, contracted players not good enough and full time on less than part time money. But good luck to him and his team. If he is going in financially then with the clubs current problems and track record it is a foolish move. Large running costs for staff and a ground equipped better than they need but needing upkeep.

Sorry SF, I have to question that Chertsey would still be a CCL club if it wasn't for Spencer. Hold on, lets get the record straight, Chertsey were promoted via default (not their fault I accept) 'cos of Guildfords ground grading failure, otherwise they would still be a CCL club. They were not champions so in theory did not get Chertsey promoted, albeit they did by default as already mentioned.

Spencer has done quite well in Southern League Div 1 considering the start they had along with some nasty injuries to players.

But now going up another 2 steps/levels will be a big test him not having the contacts nor the experience of managing at that level. Its also a gamble for Farnboro, but on their side, if Spencer is going into the club with money, I see reason why Farnboro have accepted him to 'allegedly' bail them out maybe?.....but someone has to start somewhere, so good luck to him, it won't be easy.

We still wait for confirmation as to what his brief is, and at what capacity he has gone to Farnboro' ? Again, he may have said that he will cover the players budget whilst Farnboro cover their own costs looking after and maintaining the club ?

Edited by NICE GUY

Fat Boy, are you a Aldershot Fan? To call some one a Cancer is wrong, especially after all that he had done at Chertsey, just ask there entire youth teams and the players at the club, ok he bombed players, but he was paying good money so why should he keep paying and playing players that he doesnt want, unfortunately Spencer gets a lot of bad press from people who do not know him and think that's purely a jealous thing regarding his money.

He also poached players and destroyed a good club that was damn lucky to ever come back. I couldn't give a monkeys about his money either. Maybe a cancer is a bit harsh. Maybe a veruca on the foot of football!

Edited by Fat Boy

Spot on ellers!!

I have to be honest some of the sh8t on her is at times unbelievable. To many people think there in the know.

The personal attacks on Spencer are completey uncalled for. Speaking as a person who left the club after 4 years of service until his arrival (although we did 3 games and won all 3 together i think i might be qualified). I left because i wanted the job but Spencer took it himself so i vacated. No bad feelings at all. No matter what you think he has done a great job for the club. My only fear now is were the club go and what is the financial repocussions ? The green eyed monster can be a strange thing !.

Too many people with short memories as well. Ian Huntley might come out of prison and win the nobel peace prize. That doesn't excuse what he has done in the past.

I have just had it on good authority that Koo is indeed going to Farnborough with Spencer. Nothing on the Farnborough forum which isnt too surprsiing cos they tend to stick their heads in the sand anyway. Still they will be allowed to go pop again and reform and start at Step 4 no doubt

Under the new rules around insolvent clubs, if Farnborough do go pop (again), the highest level a new club would be permitted to play is Step 5 but it could be Step 6.

I have just had it on good authority that Koo is indeed going to Farnborough with Spencer. Nothing on the Farnborough forum which isnt too surprsiing cos they tend to stick their heads in the sand anyway. Still they will be allowed to go pop again and reform and start at Step 4 no doubt

Under the new rules around insolvent clubs, if Farnborough do go pop (again), the highest level a new club would be permitted to play is Step 5 but it could be Step 6.

Didnt know that so thanks for enlightening me Beano :)

Think that we will play ourselves out of trouble as we are playing some good stuff.... We are in the process of rebuilding a club and that takes time.... Been quiet on this one as I know how hard it is at the level especially when you are trying to make the club self sustainable and therefore have a budget that mirrors that.... It takes time but if any of you guys on here came to a Hampton game you may be surprised at the football we are playing....

I wish any manager good luck as it is a hard job but the 2nd best job in the world after being a player.

Fat boy personally I think ya full of s.h.I.t and what u said was bang out of order.

Opinions yes everyone is entitled to but comments like that are unacceptable and having had somebody close to me affected by that disease is not called for.

Grow up and like my mum said if u have nothing nice to say keep ya mouth shut!!!

All very interesting this about Mr Day.

Acknowledging that most on here are/were involved with the game the viewpoint is very different from one as a fan, especailly where they are fans of clubs turned over before by unscrupulous owners.

Personally I would not want the likes of Day, or Westley anywhere near my club.

All that seems to be left behind is a combination of debt, players on expensive and long contracts and the fans to pick up the pieces after they get bored or bugger off to a bigger project.

I'm not saying Day hasn't changed or isn't a nice bloke to work alongside but have him as the owner of my club...not whilst I have anything to do with it.

hi

Farnborough Supporter and not all of us are feeling Joyous over this Alledged happening . my late Father was

Aldershot through and through and the Upset there was bad , there still a lot a bad feeling .

Farnborough Struggling at the moment and you can see that the club needs the money and a few are getting

Excited at Riches coming , suggest they Step Back and think a bit . whose cash will it be why does he

want to come to another Lame duck club knowing what happened to Aldershot.

Why is he leaving Chertsey forgive me i know nothing about the club only that he has plowed lots of cash

into it is the club secure without him ?

Yes i am concerned about Farnborough Future and i dont want this guy anywhere near it .

Tony

farnborough local

Edited by tony_1976