Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Day quits Chertsey!!

Redrup No2

smudge ive always backed you when you've had your rants whether they be the early morning ones or the drunken late night ones but on this occasion mate, you're out of order!

There is a fine line between voicing your rightful opinion and being disrespectfully rude, and i think you over stepped the mark on this occasion. I usually take your late night ramblings with a pinch of salt but you have no right to be insulting someone on a public forum. And yes, I have spoken up this time cos he WAS my manager but I also consider him a friend and you just cant speak about people in that way.

Im sure you'll see sense in the morning!

I have a lot of repect for you Smudge dear friend for all you do for your chosen club and non leage footy but there is no need to be like this.

JOHNNO ,my friend and i do mean that truly.late night rants i am the most truthful guy you will ever meet.If the rumours are true about Spencer Day well a bigger MUG i HAVE YET TO MEET.aND IF KOO IS IN THE FRAME,I SUGGEST YOU ALL GET BACK TO COVE F.C. PRONTO.

Smudge I like ya alot and respect ya however I have to agree with johnno on this one mate.

If they are ya opinions by all means u are entitled to them however this isn't the place to air them.

Spencer is a really decent fella and anybody who finks differently either are going by word of mouth or have been released by him.

Don't believe all ya hear smudge ur better than that!!!

Spencer is a good man , who has done wonders for chertsey , would there actually be a chertsey were it not for him ,

As for the new man (shipps) good luck .

Will all the players stay !!!!!

if shipps is the man? then it makes sense, that he will pick up the players, that have left/released by casuals. all that is certain is that there will be alot of changes at chertsey. have not checked back threads but did NG predict this one.

After 4 years it is a sad day for Chertsey Town, losing a manager but nothing is forever. Spencer probably felt like it's time for him to move on to new and better things so he's leaving.

I would of been a supporter for 5 years next year and in my opinion i think Spencer was probably one of the best managers CTFC have had. :applause:

I would also like to take this moment to wish him good luck for the future, wherever he goes. Thank you for the last 4 years Spencer :signthankspin:

Your probably right Kroons but has he got the capacity to manage proffesional full time footballers they are a completely different animal to what he has been dealing with,Koo would be able to help him but he already coaches at Woking and Aldershot as well as Chertsey

Beleive me on this one Kroons he aint up to that standard I suppose someone like your manager would be a good companion or somebody of that ilk,However as you say it will be a test so good luck to him but I do think we will be seeing them in the CCL before much longer.

When will clubs learn. Whilst I admit Spencer has been Chertseys saviour and has left them in a better shape than when he arrived 4 years ago. But the fairytail was always going to end. Spencer relinquished his responsibility from any club matters this season making Chertsey self maintaining, but did honour to pay the players budget. This in reality was a clue what was eventually going to happen.

Now Spencer has decided to leave, unless Chertsey find another person willing to fund the players budget, you may well see players leaving if the wages cannot be maintained, subsequently the vultures will be out and could possibly see the Chertsey fall back into the CCL in the near future.

My opinion, its the devil you know or the devil you dont, so Koo could well take the helm to keep some continuity within the club. It will be hard whoever takes over, but whoever it is ..... all the best to them they will need it.

Is it suprising that Spencer has gone to Farnborough who 'allegedly' are in financial trouble. Has Spencer gone there to bail them out providing he is manager ? I assume Garry Haylock is aware whats going on ? ...............probably not !

Soon I assume Chertseytown will tell us all when the times right......?