Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Day quits Chertsey!!

Redrup No2

So, Spencer's already been in the Farnboro' News & Mail, BBC Surrey and today he has asked to go on FCTV for an interview.

Very interestingly, reading from the Farnboro Forum under the thread LEGAL ACTION OVER 'BORO SALE with extracts from the Farnboro News & Mail and BBC Surrey. It appears that whilst Spencer as 'allegedly' confirmed he has gone to Farnboro' as a manager with no takeover bid, former Chairman and bankruptcies Simon and Amanda Hollis has named Spencer Day as the successful bidder for selling the sharholding of the club, much is to the dismay of O'Shea and his consortium who fears for the club and it's fans ?

It seems more controversy follows Spencer Day............ makes for interesting reading.

http://www.gethampshire.co.uk/sport/farnboroughfc/s/2103550_football_oshea_claims_are_tosh_says_day

Spencer insists he is there to be manager not money man which ties in with what I heard during the summer with regard to another club. However F'boro are 1.2 m in debt (in 4 years of existence!!!!) so I'd suggest they want money more than a manager.

And is propping up the budget.

Also threatened leagl action from another consortium.

But dont worry some of their fans think it is acceptable to increase the debt to get the team out of the relegation

http://www.gethampsh...e_tosh_says_day

Spencer insists he is there to be manager not money man which ties in with what I heard during the summer with regard to another club. However F'boro are 1.2 m in debt (in 4 years of existence!!!!) so I'd suggest they want money more than a manager.

Quite a big chunk of that £1.2m liability is "Directors Loans" i.e. the money the Chairman "lent" the Club to finance all the ground improvements / Club refurbjshment and no doubt subsidise the playing budget. Since the Chairman is now bankrupt, that debt is now as asset of the Trustee and as soon as they sell it (no doubt for a huge discount leaving sufficient just to pay their own fees) the Clubs debts will reduce significantly. Whether the Club can honour those remaining liabilities in full is the question - if they can't then it could well be Grounghog day in this part of the Country :mellow:

Had a little chuckle,when reading that Tim O'Shea was heading a Consortium to take over Farnborough.Would this be the same person,who shed a tear or 2 at Croydon Athletics demise 2 years ago,then proceeded to take the whole team with him,too pastures new.Reason they had not been paid for 2 Months.Dont you just hate it,when you do not get paid what is due to you!!!! I still stand by my original post that you would have to be a Mug to get involved at Farnborough,and give up a solvent ship in Chertsey.C.C.L. here we come,no doubt.

There's too much in this that doesn't ring true with me I'm afraid. No offence but if he has gone in just as manager I would be asking some serious questions of my board if I was a Farnborough fan. He has no track record to speak of, on a large budget failed to win CCL but did eventually get promoted and has had on ok start the next level up but the number of goals still being conceeded at that level points to a lack if coaching ability. There are better managers around and available so for me the Farnborough fans are being strung along, to be honest reading their forum, some deserve it for their failure to learn and the reasons Krooner mentioned above.

If he has gone in as owner/manage then be honest about it I am sure people will have much more respect for the club after the honesty.

Must admit nice guy last nights game was emotional for all however gave our best against a very good beaconsfield side.

Had a few drinks after and even big man Spencer weld up!!!

Great loss to chertsey

As indeed you will be Pagey - but best of luck at your new Club.

http://www.farnboroughfc.co.uk/2011/11/further-player-movements/

Must admit nice guy last nights game was emotional for all however gave our best against a very good beaconsfield side.

Had a few drinks after and even big man Spencer weld up!!!

Great loss to chertsey

As indeed you will be Pagey - but best of luck at your new Club.

http://www.farnborou...ayer-movements/

Okay so where have the likes of : Burgess, McGarry, Boswell, Spencer, Smith (E), Crossley, Selley, Johnson gone ? - Here come the vultures !!!

The thing is with Spencer ( my guess ex Chertsey Town sign in) is that he has contacts and that is what Farnboro need, for a start he has Koo who is a very good person to have as he has a phone book as long as your arm,if you all stop and think about it Spencer will mainly be a figure head as he(like myself)does not have the ability to manage a side at this level,I hope they go on and do very well because Koo is a very good friend of mine but I can see trouble ahead and I just hope it aint to bad,hopefully i'm wrong.

Could be arriving quicker than you think Duncs, heard today that Spencer may have been up to his old tricks. 3 players at different clubs all on contract have been approached illegally, and 2 others not on contract at Zamaretto clubs approached illegally. All offered very good money by way of signing on fees (000's), basics and bonuses. If I was a creditor of Farmborough I would be seriously annoyed that they feel paying silly money for players is more important than paying their debts!!!!!!

I hope the clubs of these players do the right thing and report the approaches, am sure Bedfont Green won't be surprised!!!

I will keep you posted on Farnborough paying their debts SF :)

Putting your hand in your pocket then, Kroons ?

Think you may have missed the point there JR.

I usually do - It all adds to the banter.

Heard you were applying for Wanderers Ressies Gaffers job

(You heard it here first, folks !!)

Edited by Big J R