Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Guernsey Fail to impress

vrfc196

Now Guernsey have won all thier games since the loss to Spelthorne and to be honest a couple of good results against Bedfont and Staines.

At fortress Footes Lane they have been less than impressive, and it no shock that these performances that they have failed to impress have been without Zico Black.

He makes them tick, everything goes through him and he pulls the strings and im sure teams that have played GFC would agree, now they have managed without Dyer and Rihoy as the lad Winch has stepped up to the plate but they still miss their influence or shall i say Ross Allen does.

Don't get me wrong Allen is still banging in the goals but the performance is missing, and against Ash Utd the 4-1 scoreline flattered Guernsey to say the Least and also against Bottom of the table Farliegh Rovers they were very ordinary the first half and not much better second.

Feltham yesterday gave GFC a very good run for there money, in front of Skysports in front of his highness Matt Le Tiss they flattered to decieve once again, everyone on this forum thought it was gonna be a doublr figures score line ....park the bus comments, don't turn up all of that well well played Feltham you left GFC with your heads held high, and Guernsey are in for a shocker when they play Egham.

A couple of less than satisfactory performances I agree. I was very disappointed with the carelessness in possession of two of our midfielders in particular. Very sloppy. But credit to Farleigh who closed them down hard. Clearly on a run where results are better than performances, but I will take that in the expectation that the boys get it sorted.

A couple of less than satisfactory performances I agree. I was very disappointed with the carelessness in possession of two of our midfielders in particular. Very sloppy. But credit to Farleigh who closed them down hard. Clearly on a run where results are better than performances, but I will take that in the expectation that the boys get it sorted.

????

????

I think we know what GSY Arsenal meant.

Haha I love threads like this. What you people are failing to realise is that Guernsey are still gettings results without Dyer, Rihoy, Coulter, Warren and an underperfoming Ross Allen (I guess 2 goals in a game is a bad game for him). I really dont know what some of you expect from Guernsey. I feel like we are being compared to Spain at times. This is amatuer football!! We may not be setting the world on fire with our football but we are getting results and looking fairly comfortable in the process - That is good enough for me.

You missed from that list, guernseys most important player... Ryan-zico black. He's without doubt our best player. Top bloke too.

Edited by HKP

Haha I love threads like this. What you people are failing to realise is that Guernsey are still gettings results without Dyer, Rihoy, Coulter, Warren and an underperfoming Ross Allen (I guess 2 goals in a game is a bad game for him). I really dont know what some of you expect from Guernsey. I feel like we are being compared to Spain at times. This is amatuer football!! We may not be setting the world on fire with our football but we are getting results and looking fairly comfortable in the process - That is good enough for me.

Because Guernsey aree top of the League and have had a fantastic start with great crowds they attract attention and will be looked at more closely. I wasn't having a digor putting Guernsey down well it wasn't meant to come across that way. We all know what Guernsey are capable of on thier day and i enjoy watching them when ever possible on the mainland and a few times when i am lucky enough to come across to Guernsey

As many as the faithful Guernsey supporters have said themselves Black pulls the strings for GFC and when he does not play the difference is seen by everyone. The quality of Rihoy and Dyer is missed but in saying that you have coped very well without them and Allen still bangs in the goals, but its the influence of Black that can't be replaced.

Now Guernsey have won all thier games since the loss to Spelthorne and to be honest a couple of good results against Bedfont and Staines.

At fortress Footes Lane they have been less than impressive, and it no shock that these performances that they have failed to impress have been without Zico Black.

He makes them tick, everything goes through him and he pulls the strings and im sure teams that have played GFC would agree, now they have managed without Dyer and Rihoy as the lad Winch has stepped up to the plate but they still miss their influence or shall i say Ross Allen does.

Don't get me wrong Allen is still banging in the goals but the performance is missing, and against Ash Utd the 4-1 scoreline flattered Guernsey to say the Least and also against Bottom of the table Farliegh Rovers they were very ordinary the first half and not much better second.

Feltham yesterday gave GFC a very good run for there money, in front of Skysports in front of his highness Matt Le Tiss they flattered to decieve once again, everyone on this forum thought it was gonna be a doublr figures score line ....park the bus comments, don't turn up all of that well well played Feltham you left GFC with your heads held high, and Guernsey are in for a shocker when they play Egham.

But we are still winning when we play poor, always the sign of a good team

Can't find the topic, but those that said Hartley Witney would get maximum points from their games in hand seemed to have gone quiet?

I think people are missing the point, GFC will i don't doubt win this league your players are quality at this level, a level that you have been deemed to fit into to start your journey into non league football and you have started extremly well.

And i hope other teams don't take offence but its a level below your standard as no one could really now how good or bad you would be. But you have been found wanting in games without certain players, now at the next level up at Prem level even with the whole of your island to choose from you could struggle against the better teams who have more experience and better fitness levels and tacticaly better than Div 1. The Ash Utd game proved that, the whole ethos of only using Island players to help them better themselves is great up on til a point.

Some people are saying GFC is heading for the Ryman league but ijust don't see it at the moment, time might well proove me wrong and i truely hope so cause i enjoy watching Guernsey.

Would Guernsey fans be against signing UK players to reach thier objective of playing at a much higher level ?

I don't have a problem with signing uk players, we are a very small fish in a bloody big pond!

I don't have a problem with signing uk players, we are a very small fish in a bloody big pond!

Im sure Guernsey fans don't have a problem signing UK players they probably would like a couple or so but the management need to be convinced. GFC will have to realise this will have to happen to advance in the Pyramid that is Non League.