Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Guernsey Fail to impress

vrfc196

We played very well today. It took Hartley until the 90th minute to get the ball anywhere near our goal, a decent header from a corner which went over the bar. Loaring could have had a hat trick but he's only a young lad and on another day he will score a few. So I'm very pleased at the result and maybe finally the last of the Guernsey doubters will be silenced.

You did us proud today lads :)

GD I assume that you arrived late for the game today, as for the forst 15 minutes of so it only looked as one team was going to score, and it wasn't the home side. They had 2 or 3 decent attempts from the edge of the box, a cracking cross drilled low across the 6 yard box that should have been turned in and another header that went over, all before we scored. We then scored against the run of play, and luckily for us that knocked the wind out of their sails a bit. I will say that the home side improved as the game progressed and by the end we were deserved winners. I would like to say that HW are clearly a strong side and they will be dissapointed to leave the island on the end of a 4-0 defeat as they were far better than the scoreline suggests.

everyone keeps saying that teams were disappointed to leave Guernsey with this scoreline and that scoreline but a pattern is emerging, we keep hammering sides at home, are you telling me that we have been lucky to win every home game by wide margins this season ?

GD, not only do you have a distorted impression of what happens on the pitch, but you seem to have a distorted interpretation of what people have written sometimes. Please tell me where I have indicated that we have been lucky to win every home game by a wide margin in my post. I'm pretty certain that I didn't say that!

What I did say was that HW didn't deserve to lose 4-0, and that they will be dissapointed that they did.

You also mention that people keep saying that they are dissapointed to get hammered in a game of football!! I don't know if you have ever played the game, but that I think that it is quite a normal reaction.

Well after the match their players seemed quite happy in the VIP area, they were laughing and joking so I don't think they felt too hard done by by a 4-0 defeat, it could have been many more. Matt Loaring was through 1 on 1 3 or 4 times, Ross Allen hit the bar and as Gsy_spurs said we had another stonewall penalty turned down. So in my opinion I thought we could have won by 5, 6, 7 NIL and Hartley wouldn't have felt disappointed. Of course no-one wants to lose but when you are soundly beaten by a better side on the day you have to take it on the chin as we did against Spelthorne.

Penfold - I didn't say you in particular had said " we have been lucky to win every home game by a wide margin", it has been said by various people after nearly every home game

I will be interested to hear the Hartley Players view on the match. I will just add the Hartley players conducted themselves very well on and off the field. Many other teams have lost their heads at Footes Lane after going 2 or 3 behind, but Hartley behaved impeccably.

Well done Hartley I'm sure you will get promoted along with us and Bedfont.

Right!! So by that rationale, Guernsey should score almost every opportunity that they have, our opposition shouldn't convert any of their chances and at the end of the game they shouldn't have any dissapointments over the result. And only then will that be a fair reflectiion of the game.

Have you considered a career in punditry?

Is that somewhere in the Punjab ?

:P Like it Big JR

That won't help, they still have the internet there!

Unfortunately, yes, AND call centres !!!!

:ph34r:

Edited by Big J R

Would like to say thank you to guernsey for the hospitallity over the weekend, and say well done for your win! Everything was perfectly organised with no expenses spared by the looks of it!

On a players point of view on the game i think it could of been very different if we didnt forget how to defend for that 5-10 minutes spell where you went 3-0 up! But we did so you deserved the 3 points! No doubt you will go on to win the league and do very well next year in the prem (if you manage to keep hold of ross allen and zico black)

Thats great to hear, not heard one negative comment from a visiting player or official.

And to think one poster on here wanted a preseason game to check we know how to look after our guests. I tried telling him that we know how to look after guests, we do it the guernsey way..

I don't see either player leaving us, I understand that Allen would only consider leaving if offered very good terms with a league club as he has too much to lose by leaving guernsey.

Edited by HKP

Would like to say thank you to guernsey for the hospitallity over the weekend, and say well done for your win! Everything was perfectly organised with no expenses spared by the looks of it!

On a players point of view on the game i think it could of been very different if we didnt forget how to defend for that 5-10 minutes spell where you went 3-0 up! But we did so you deserved the 3 points! No doubt you will go on to win the league and do very well next year in the prem (if you manage to keep hold of ross allen and zico black)

Thanks Hoggie. Did you play?

wow my thread Hartley are better went tits up!!

Redrup,

You beat me to it lol, it did rather eh !!!

I think we all know Guernsey are a different animal on thier patch and the fact they have only conceded to Ash in the cup says it all really.

As the saying goes only Guernsey can beat Guernsey now,

Champions elect ...!!!!!

No arguments with the points made we played well enought for half an hour without really threatening the Guernsey goal.Guernsey fully deserved the victory. Excellent hospitality which the players and our travelling support enjoyed

HR,

Did you play aswel ? how many supporters went over ? How do you feel GFC will fair in the Prem league ? sorry for all the questions they go to all Hartley supporters really.

No arguments with the points made we played well enought for half an hour without really threatening the Guernsey goal.Guernsey fully deserved the victory. Excellent hospitality which the players and our travelling support enjoyed

To Tripster71, HKP and Penfold, Guernsey Donkey has been proved right again as I always am and this has come from Hartley Row a HARTLEY WINTNEY COMMITTEE MEMBER.

Thank you Hartley Row for giving an honest review of how the game went.

HKP, Penfold and Penfold you have been well and truly spanked ! Case closed Donkey wins ! never bet against the Donkey you will never win ! :greenapple:

Edited by Guernsey Donkey

To Tripster71, HKP and Penfold, Guernsey Donkey has been proved right again as I always am and this has come from Hartley Row a HARTLEY WINTNEY COMMITTEE MEMBER.

HKP, Penfold and Penfold you have been well and truly spanked ! Case closed Donkey wins ! never bet against the Donkey you will never win ! :greenapple:

GD, HR's post displays a high degree of humility, which most of us know is the correct way to respond to defeat. Although I'm not sure that you know the meaning of the word.

Tell me, where does HR prove you right by agreeing with your view that GFC should have won 6 or 7 nil? I've read his post a couple of times to check and I'm pretty sure he doesn't mention it. That is unless of course you've 'mis read' another post!!!!

GD, HR's post displays a high degree of humility, which most of us know is the correct way to respond to defeat. Although I'm not sure that you know the meaning of the word.

Tell me, where does HR prove you right by agreeing with your view that GFC should have won 6 or 7 nil? I've read his post a couple of times to check and I'm pretty sure he doesn't mention it. That is unless of course you've 'mis read' another post!!!!

He agrees with me that they didn't threaten our goal although they played well for half an hour. So therefore proving me right. :P

Edit - By the way I was the first to start a post saying WELL DONE SPELTHORNE when they beat us so I know what humility is.

You do not know when you are beaten so you need to show humility.

Edited by Guernsey Donkey

He agrees with me that they didn't threaten our goal although they played well for half an hour. So therefore proving me right. :P

Edit - By the way I was the first to start a post saying WELL DONE SPELTHORNE when they beat us so I know what humility is.

I have to agree, HR does mention that they didn't threaten the Gsy goal, but i am sure that is just the humility one shows when trying not to make excuses. Myself and several others who saw the game, and post on here, don't happen to agree. But you don't see any of us shouting about it whenever someone agrees with us. Perhaps it is such a rare occurance for you that you need to let everyone know about it !!!

However, you conveniently 'forgot' to reply to the question I asked you regarding where HR agrees that GFC should have won 6 or 7 nil. Or are you going to deny saying that? I'm not sure that you can prove someone else wrong without actually answering a question that they have asked you.

In reference to you showing humility, perhaps you should read your recent post aimed at myself, tripster and HKP.

I have to agree, HR does mention that they didn't threaten the Gsy goal, but i am sure that is just the humility one shows when trying not to make excuses. Myself and several others who saw the game, and post on here, don't happen to agree. But you don't see any of us shouting about it whenever someone agrees with us. Perhaps it is such a rare occurance for you that you need to let everyone know about it !!!

However, you conveniently 'forgot' to reply to the question I asked you regarding where HR agrees that GFC should have won 6 or 7 nil. Or are you going to deny saying that? I'm not sure that you can prove someone else wrong without actually answering a question that they have asked you.

In reference to you showing humility, perhaps you should read your recent post aimed at myself, tripster and HKP.

Oh you actually see sense and agree with me that they didn't threaten our goal, well done pat yourself on the back from me you have seen sense. ;)

So You've agreed I'm half right.

Now I just need to prove myself the other half right.

Maybe some Hartley players could give their view on the score line. Are there any Hartley players, fans or officials who thought the scoreline could have been greater ?

Oh you actually see sense and agree with me that they didn't threaten our goal, well done pat yourself on the back from me you have seen sense. ;)

Maybe some Hartley players could give their view on the score line. Are there any Hartley players, fans or officials who thought the scoreline could have been greater ?

Oh dear, GD, you aren't the brightest are you?

Read my last post again SLOWLY and tell me where I said that I agree with you, then, for the third time answer the question.

You really aren't doing us Guerns any favours!

Read my last post again SLOWLY and tell me where I said that I agree with you, then, for the third time answer the question.

The bit where you say "I agree" ! Duh ! you're not the sharpest tool in the box are you !

The bit where you say "I agree" ! Duh ! you're not the sharpest tool in the box are you !

GD, pretty sure that I am agreeing that someone else agrees with you, followed by a clear comment that I (and others) don't. (GOD THIS IS PETTY) Can't believe that i am having to explain that to you.

Right, please try to answer the question that you obviously are avoiding answering as you don't want to be proved wrong.

You've got all night to dream up a response, as i'm off to bed.

P.S. sorry to everone else for having to read this drivel, to be honest i'm dissapointed that i got wrapped up in it all! I suppose thats the Guernsey Donkey effect!!

P.S. I thought that I would help you with your research, you were requesting comments from HW players, try reading Hoggie's post from 7.24pm on this thread. He makes some interesting points on how one sided the game was!!

Edited by Penfold

GD, pretty sure that I am agreeing that someone else agrees with you, followed by a clear comment that I (and others) don't. (GOD THIS IS PETTY) Can't believe that i am having to explain that to you.

Right, please try to answer the question that you obviously are avoiding answering as you don't want to be proved wrong.

You've got all night to dream up a response, as i'm off to bed.

P.S. sorry to everone else for having to read this drivel, to be honest i'm dissapointed that i got wrapped up in it all! I suppose thats the Guernsey Donkey effect!!

They all love the Donkey ;) well 90% of em ! lol