Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Guernsey Fail to impress

vrfc196

SK were better than us and we were lucky to come away with a point. If they could finish, they would be dangerous. We did not make their keeper work until the 95th minute. Still a long way to go but a dissapointing performance none the less.

So there's a chance Guernsey will get caught up in few if they progress in the Div 1 Cup & Prem Cup respectively ?

But what benefits Guernsey is the amount of home games come the end of the season. I feel Guernsey will win Div 1 Cup but a tricky tie against Egham maybe a step to far for them, but good luck never the less Guernsey.

Will be interesting vrfc196 thats for sure, looking ahead be even more interesting when we are able to enter the FA Vase and the FA Cup.....

I think people are missing the point, GFC will i don't doubt win this league your players are quality at this level, a level that you have been deemed to fit into to start your journey into non league football and you have started extremly well.

And i hope other teams don't take offence but its a level below your standard as no one could really now how good or bad you would be. But you have been found wanting in games without certain players, now at the next level up at Prem level even with the whole of your island to choose from you could struggle against the better teams who have more experience and better fitness levels and tacticaly better than Div 1. The Ash Utd game proved that, the whole ethos of only using Island players to help them better themselves is great up on til a point.

Some people are saying GFC is heading for the Ryman league but ijust don't see it at the moment, time might well proove me wrong and i truely hope so cause i enjoy watching Guernsey.

Would Guernsey fans be against signing UK players to reach thier objective of playing at a much higher level ?

We still beat Ash Utd 4-1 though and I believe we will beat Egham and prove some doubters wrong.

I'm not against signing UK players.

I don't have a problem with signing uk players, we are a very small fish in a bloody big pond!

Im sure Guernsey fans don't have a problem signing UK players they probably would like a couple or so but the management need to be convinced. GFC will have to realise this will have to happen to advance in the Pyramid that is Non League.

Could prove to be massively expensive !

We still have quite a few players to come into that team, Black, Dyer and Rihoy to name three.

I haven't seen them 3 yet so can't comment but I hear there good players, I just think Guernsey are almost there to be a top prem team, its just that when we play the top prem teams they just seemed a lot dangerous than guernsey did, like hanworth created 15 glorious chances and ripped us apart. I can't wait to play guernsey away to see if there totally different team at home!!

Although as good as guernsey are they won't beat egham, Hanworth, guildford with the team they have at the moment. If they want to win the prem they have to get stronger.

I disagree I think will will beat Egham.

Hopefully Black, Rihoy and Dyer will be fit they are 3 of our best players and we are far more dangerous with these 3 players playing.

We are winning without them and that shows you our strength in depth.

I don't think the prem is much differnt BUT the top 5 teams I.E Egham, Hanworth, Guildford etc are stronger than the rest of the league. Be intresting to see how far away guernsey are from the league or if there as good!!

I don't think the prem is much differnt BUT the top 5 teams I.E Egham, Hanworth, Guildford etc are stronger than the rest of the league. Be intresting to see how far away guernsey are from the league or if there as good!!

Should be a crackin game and no pressure on us at all, if we go out the cup its no big deal. It will be good like you say to compare ourselves against the team top of the Prem.

We only narrowly lost 6-5 to AFC Wimbledon ( not full strength but still a League 2 Team ! ) so we might just have enough to get a result.

Lets hope theres a big crowd and a good game to watch :)

Have you seen Egham play GD? Is the game home or away? Prems a different ball game to div 1!

I haven't seen them play and we are away. I've been told prem isn't that much better.

We beat Prem side Ash Utd 4-1

With all our star players fit I think we can beat them.

The Egham v Guernsey game is in the cup and in cup competitions anything can happen. (Egham beat Sutton United a couple of seasons ago in the Surrey Senior Cup) As long as its a good match that's all that matters. I'm looking forward to it !

How many supporters do you think will travel from Guernsey?

Have you seen Egham play GD? Is the game home or away? Prems a different ball game to div 1!

I haven't seen them play and we are away. I've been told prem isn't that much better.

We beat Prem side Ash Utd 4-1

With all our star players fit I think we can beat them.

The Egham v Guernsey game is in the cup and in cup competitions anything can happen. (Egham beat Sutton United a couple of seasons ago in the Surrey Senior Cup) As long as its a good match that's all that matters. I'm looking forward to it !

How many supporters do you think will travel from Guernsey?

At Bedfont away we took 100 so I'm expecting a similar amount maybe more

I'm just hoping for a good game to watch as well :)