Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Guernsey Fail to impress

vrfc196

Don't all clubs charge subscriptios for their mini sections? I know every club in guernsey does.

We played very well today. It took Hartley until the 90th minute to get the ball anywhere near our goal, a decent header from a corner which went over the bar. Loaring could have had a hat trick but he's only a young lad and on another day he will score a few. So I'm very pleased at the result and maybe finally the last of the Guernsey doubters will be silenced.

You did us proud today lads :)

GD I assume that you arrived late for the game today, as for the forst 15 minutes of so it only looked as one team was going to score, and it wasn't the home side. They had 2 or 3 decent attempts from the edge of the box, a cracking cross drilled low across the 6 yard box that should have been turned in and another header that went over, all before we scored. We then scored against the run of play, and luckily for us that knocked the wind out of their sails a bit. I will say that the home side improved as the game progressed and by the end we were deserved winners. I would like to say that HW are clearly a strong side and they will be dissapointed to leave the island on the end of a 4-0 defeat as they were far better than the scoreline suggests.

everyone keeps saying that teams were disappointed to leave Guernsey with this scoreline and that scoreline but a pattern is emerging, we keep hammering sides at home, are you telling me that we have been lucky to win every home game by wide margins this season ?

GD, not only do you have a distorted impression of what happens on the pitch, but you seem to have a distorted interpretation of what people have written sometimes. Please tell me where I have indicated that we have been lucky to win every home game by a wide margin in my post. I'm pretty certain that I didn't say that!

What I did say was that HW didn't deserve to lose 4-0, and that they will be dissapointed that they did.

You also mention that people keep saying that they are dissapointed to get hammered in a game of football!! I don't know if you have ever played the game, but that I think that it is quite a normal reaction.

Well after the match their players seemed quite happy in the VIP area, they were laughing and joking so I don't think they felt too hard done by by a 4-0 defeat, it could have been many more. Matt Loaring was through 1 on 1 3 or 4 times, Ross Allen hit the bar and as Gsy_spurs said we had another stonewall penalty turned down. So in my opinion I thought we could have won by 5, 6, 7 nil and Hartley wouldn't have felt disappointed. Of course no-one wants to lose but when you are soundly beaten by a better side on the day you have to take it on the chin as we did against Spelthorne.

Penfold - I didn't say you in particular had said " we have been lucky to win every home game by a wide margin", it has been said by various people after nearly every home game

I will be interested to hear the Hartley Players view on the match. I will just add the Hartley players conducted themselves very well on and off the field. Many other teams have lost their heads at Footes Lane after going 2 or 3 behind, but Hartley behaved impeccably.

Well done Hartley I'm sure you will get promoted along with us and Bedfont.

We played very well today. It took Hartley until the 90th minute to get the ball anywhere near our goal, a decent header from a corner which went over the bar. Loaring could have had a hat trick but he's only a young lad and on another day he will score a few. So I'm very pleased at the result and maybe finally the last of the Guernsey doubters will be silenced.

GD I assume that you arrived late for the game today, as for the forst 15 minutes of so it only looked as one team was going to score, and it wasn't the home side. They had 2 or 3 decent attempts from the edge of the box, a cracking cross drilled low across the 6 yard box that should have been turned in and another header that went over, all before we scored. We then scored against the run of play, and luckily for us that knocked the wind out of their sails a bit. I will say that the home side improved as the game progressed and by the end we were deserved winners. I would like to say that HW are clearly a strong side and they will be dissapointed to leave the island on the end of a 4-0 defeat as they were far better than the scoreline suggests.

everyone keeps saying that teams were disappointed to leave Guernsey with this scoreline and that scoreline but a pattern is emerging, we keep hammering sides at home, are you telling me that we have been lucky to win every home game by wide margins this season ?

GD, not only do you have a distorted impression of what happens on the pitch, but you seem to have a distorted interpretation of what people have written sometimes. Please tell me where I have indicated that we have been lucky to win every home game by a wide margin in my post. I'm pretty certain that I didn't say that!

What I did say was that HW didn't deserve to lose 4-0, and that they will be dissapointed that they did.

You also mention that people keep saying that they are dissapointed to get hammered in a game of football!! I don't know if you have ever played the game, but that I think that it is quite a normal reaction.

Well after the match their players seemed quite happy in the VIP area, they were laughing and joking so I don't think they felt too hard done by by a 4-0 defeat, it could have been many more. Matt Loaring was through 1 on 1 3 or 4 times, Ross Allen hit the bar and as Gsy_spurs said we had another stonewall penalty turned down. So in my opinion I thought we could have won by 5, 6, 7 NIL and Hartley wouldn't have felt disappointed. Of course no-one wants to lose but when you are soundly beaten by a better side on the day you have to take it on the chin as we did against Spelthorne.

Penfold - I didn't say you in particular had said " we have been lucky to win every home game by a wide margin", it has been said by various people after nearly every home game

I will be interested to hear the Hartley Players view on the match. I will just add the Hartley players conducted themselves very well on and off the field. Many other teams have lost their heads at Footes Lane after going 2 or 3 behind, but Hartley behaved impeccably.

Right!! So by that rationale, Guernsey should score almost every opportunity that they have, our opposition shouldn't convert any of their chances and at the end of the game they shouldn't have any dissapointments over the result. And only then will that be a fair reflectiion of the game.

Have you considered a career in punditry?

Well after the match their players seemed quite happy in the VIP area, they were laughing and joking so I don't think they felt too hard done by by a 4-0 defeat, it could have been many more. Matt Loaring was through 1 on 1 3 or 4 times, Ross Allen hit the bar and as Gsy_spurs said we had another stonewall penalty turned down. So in my opinion I thought we could have won by 5, 6, 7 NIL and Hartley wouldn't have felt disappointed. Of course no-one wants to lose but when you are soundly beaten by a better side on the day you have to take it on the chin as we did against Spelthorne.

Right!! So by that rationale, Guernsey should score almost every opportunity that they have, our opposition shouldn't convert any of their chances and at the end of the game they shouldn't have any dissapointments over the result. And only then will that be a fair reflectiion of the game.

Now who's not reading the posts correctly ! I said we could have won 5, 6, or 7 nil ( we had at least 12 clear cut chances to score ). We created maybe 12 chances ( i wasn't marking them down, could have been more ), so if we had 12 chances and I say we could have won 5, 6 or 7 nil i'm not saying we should have scored every chance we created. These were proper chances, not half chances. We hit the bar had a clear penalty denied and we were one on one with their keeper on numerous occasions.

Tardif didn't have ONE SINGLE SAVE TO MAKE so how were Hartley going to convert their chances if they didn't hit the target.

Edited by Guernsey Donkey

Actually as a volunteer I am normally at the ground at 10.00 every morning on home match days. You were probably still in bed.

Now who's not reading the posts correctly ! I said we could have won 5, 6, or 7 nil ( we had at least 12 clear cut chances to score ). We created maybe 12 chances ( i wasn't marking them down, could have been more ), so if we had 12 chances and I say we could have won 5, 6 or 7 nil i'm not saying we should have scored every chance we created. These were proper chances, not half chances. We hit the bar had a clear penalty denied and we were one on one with their keeper on numerous occasions.

Tardif didn't have ONE SINGLE SAVE TO MAKE so how were Hartley going to convert their chances if they didn't hit the target.

OK, sorry! Please let me know when it's ok for you to interpret someones post as you would like to, but it's not ok for me to do it and I won't make the same mistake again.

And if we are being picky, I didn't realise that a shot had to be on target to make it a good chance. I'm sure that Fernando Torres will now feel much better when he recalls the time that he took the ball around De Gea an stuck it in the side netting!

OK, sorry! Please let me know when it's ok for you to interpret someones post as you would like to, but it's not ok for me to do it and I won't make the same mistake again.

And if we are being picky, I didn't realise that a shot had to be on target to make it a good chance. I'm sure that Fernando Torres will now feel much better when he recalls the time that he took the ball around De Gea an stuck it in the side netting!

You have to hit the target to score which is what Guernsey FC frequently do, that's why we beat teams 4-0 and 5-0 its the quality of our finishing, you can't score if you don't hit the target and I'm not saying we should score with every chance. I have already admitted that Hartley started brightly ( without looking like scoring ), but you have to frequently hit the target to score, you wont score every time. Like I said we maybe had 12 great chances and we scored from 4 of them.

We will have to agree to disagree as i've got to cook Sunday lunch ! ( GD never stops ! ) ;)

Edited by Guernsey Donkey

Well Said Penfold,

The bloke has a go at Vrfc196 without reading the post properly and got well and truely spanked by him and was proven wrong, and has a completey different outlook to everyone else at yesterdays game. No he has never played football thats a for sure.

Well Said Penfold,

The bloke has a go at Vrfc196 without reading the post properly and got well and truely spanked by him and was proven wrong, and has a completey different outlook to everyone else at yesterdays game. No he has never played football thats a for sure.

Me and vrfc196 have kissed and made up actually ! :bootyshake:

Is that somewhere in the Punjab ?

enough bloody stringed quotes already!

Punjab and stringed instruments ?

That'll be a Sitar, then !!

:bolt:

Edited by Big J R

:P Like it Big JR

:P Like it Big JR

That won't help, they still have the internet there!