Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Guernsey Fail to impress

vrfc196

Newby yes very much on the same wave length,

On another subject i have it from a very good source that GFC are stamping thier feet down with certain players. it is said that Glyn Dyer wanted to play for his Parent club North and was all set to do so until the Guernsey Physio called the North Coach (Ross Cameron) and told him that he wasn't fit yet.

Needless to say Dyer wasn't happy, if that's how it truely happened !

But regardless still no Rihoy,Dyer or Warren in the line up today, but im sure GFC will still pull it off 2-1, good luck to both.

Guernsey 4 Hartley 0 impressive enough for you vrfc196 ;)

Ah Donkey there you are ive missed you, firstly i hope this is a quicker enough reply for you today.

Now let me see who had man of the match today ........? ah yes Zico Black......!

As i have said to you many many times read the post properly, in the past i have had nothing but praise for GFC and have an interest in them as i have many friends in Guernsey and have watched them many times on the mainland and even been to watch GFC play 3 times in Guernsey.

Without going in to it too much all i said was that Guernsey weren't playing that well at home at the time and that Zico Black was the catalyst for all thngs good for you, and yes as you said you were still winning so fair play.

I had you down for a win today when others didn't, it was a great result and im sure Guernsey is buzzing after it, well done.

Ok lets put this to bed point proved.

Lots of love :wub:

Great time at the lane today and we gave a standing ovation to all the players at the end, in fact the last Hartley player slowed down his walk off the pitch to savour the moment, grinning up at the crowd as he realised that, just for those couple of seconds, all that applause was just for him...lol... It's our way of saying thank you to each and every team for being there and giving us football.

I also had people coming looking for me to say hello and get a programme before the game, that's nice!

Hartley looked pretty good until they conceded.

After they conceded they fell apart for 10-15 minutes and after conceding the second saw the players having a good go at each other which didn't help things as they allowed Guernsey a good few more chances to the end of the half.

If Loaring knew where the goal was today it would have been more than 3 at half time.

Second half Hartley held their own pretty well without threatening all that often, Guernsey had a few chances and a lot not quite getting through to the strikers. Not the best of halves to watch really but as a 4-0 backer i was happy to see the 4th go in late on!

Decent crowd and good result against what looked like a fairly decent side.

We played very well today. It took Hartley until the 90th minute to get the ball anywhere near our goal, a decent header from a corner which went over the bar. Loaring could have had a hat trick but he's only a young lad and on another day he will score a few. So I'm very pleased at the result and maybe finally the last of the Guernsey doubters will be silenced.

You did us proud today lads :)

Guernsey 4 Hartley 0 impressive enough for you vrfc196 ;)

Ah Donkey there you are ive missed you, firstly i hope this is a quicker enough reply for you today.

Now let me see who had man of the match today ........? ah yes Zico Black......!

As i have said to you many many times read the post properly, in the past i have had nothing but praise for GFC and have an interest in them as i have many friends in Guernsey and have watched them many times on the mainland and even been to watch GFC play 3 times in Guernsey.

Without going in to it too much all i said was that Guernsey weren't playing that well at home at the time and that Zico Black was the catalyst for all thngs good for you, and yes as you said you were still winning so fair play.

I had you down for a win today when others didn't, it was a great result and im sure Guernsey is buzzing after it, well done.

Ok lets put this to bed point proved.

Lots of love :wub:

Yes we are all buzzing after that one ! and I was only 1 goal out with my prediction ! ;)

Zico Black and Angus Mackay were both brilliant in the middle of the park today.

HUGE result today, Thats one foot in the Prem.

Much love back ! lol :wub:

Premier division... Not yet there yet, still lots of games to play. Having said that we have a lot of home games coming up. Nobody has even scored in the league against us footes lane!

We played very well today. It took Hartley until the 90th minute to get the ball anywhere near our goal, a decent header from a corner which went over the bar. Loaring could have had a hat trick but he's only a young lad and on another day he will score a few. So I'm very pleased at the result and maybe finally the last of the Guernsey doubters will be silenced.

GD I assume that you arrived late for the game today, as for the forst 15 minutes of so it only looked as one team was going to score, and it wasn't the home side. They had 2 or 3 decent attempts from the edge of the box, a cracking cross drilled low across the 6 yard box that should have been turned in and another header that went over, all before we scored. We then scored against the run of play, and luckily for us that knocked the wind out of their sails a bit. I will say that the home side improved as the game progressed and by the end we were deserved winners. I would like to say that HW are clearly a strong side and they will be dissapointed to leave the island on the end of a 4-0 defeat as they were far better than the scoreline suggests.

Agreed penfold, HW had some chances but could not convert them early on. But overall GFC deserved to win, GFC took their chances and could have had another penalty too.

GD I assume that you arrived late for the game today, as for the forst 15 minutes of so it only looked as one team was going to score, and it wasn't the home side. They had 2 or 3 decent attempts from the edge of the box, a cracking cross drilled low across the 6 yard box that should have been turned in and another header that went over, all before we scored. We then scored against the run of play, and luckily for us that knocked the wind out of their sails a bit. I will say that the home side improved as the game progressed and by the end we were deserved winners. I would like to say that HW are clearly a strong side and they will be dissapointed to leave the island on the end of a 4-0 defeat as they were far better than the scoreline suggests.

Penfold,

GD is very rarely wrong, i have read a few post saying that GFC scored against the play for the first 2/3 goals but i wasn't there so i rely on you guys to be honest.............well most of you guys from Guernsey are with the exception of ...............

Still non the less a great result for you and it will take a brave man to bet against GFC wining the League now.

Once again, not particular impressed with the officials, most I have seen have been pretty poor.

Can we change the title of this thread to Guernsey impress again please!.....

What about " Guernsey fail to not impress"

I know its be moaned about the amount of Guernsey threads out there but everytime you get at least 5000 views and over 100 post now that is impressive.

They are a hot topic they have rocked this League maybe more than AFC Wimbledon did, i also believe they have done this without 3/4 of thier top players for best part of the season, yes i know every team has that problem but none the less a great start to thier non league journey,

I hope thats enough love for Guernsey GD ? and i mean it too. No tongue's now.

I agree with the other guys when they say Hartley played well the first 30mins, but they never looked like scoring. The game was even the first half hour although we squandered several chances. Many teams play well against us early on but we always create lots of chances and come on strong later on in games.

everyone keeps saying that teams were disappointed to leave Guernsey with this scoreline and that scoreline but a pattern is emerging, we keep hammering sides at home, are you telling me that we have been lucky to win every home game by wide margins this season ?

Edited by Guernsey Donkey

everyone keeps saying that teams were disappointed to leave Guernsey with this scoreline and that scoreline but a pattern is emerging, we keep hammering sides at home, are you telling me that we have been lucky to win every home game by wide margins this season ?

GD, not only do you have a distorted impression of what happens on the pitch, but you seem to have a distorted interpretation of what people have written sometimes. Please tell me where I have indicated that we have been lucky to win every home game by a wide margin in my post. I'm pretty certain that I didn't say that!

What I did say was that HW didn't deserve to lose 4-0, and that they will be dissapointed that they did.

You also mention that people keep saying that they are dissapointed to get hammered in a game of football!! I don't know if you have ever played the game, but that I think that it is quite a normal reaction.