Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

youth teams ??

Camberley have 2 U18 sides and yes it has been successful.

For me this is where having a reserve side is important because it gives the youth a chance to experience adult football without trying to step up to 1st team football immediately.

At wars we got nine ex youth team players from 3-4 years ago who have been and gone and come back.our gaffer now was out youth team manager we wet two years unbeaten i'n the southen youth league 1st year got to Surrey cup final and lost two Woking 2-1 not bad when we had likes of ks Staines town leatherhead etc i'n our league 2nd year they won ccl youth cup aswell it's taken this time for us to get back together an hopefully be sucrssfull again

Edited by Gilesy08

totally agree kroons we have four youth projects in our first team at the moment a couple came straight into the first team an the others through the reserves so ours is successful im all for blooding youth an treating them in the right manner to get the best out of them!!

At wars we got nine ex youth team players from 3-4 years ago who have been and gone and come back.our gaffer now was out youth team manager we wet two years unbeaten i'n the southen youth league 1st year got to Surrey cup final and lost two Woking 2-1 not bad when we had likes of ks Staines town leatherhead etc i'n our league 2nd year they won ccl youth cup aswell it's taken this time for us to get back together an hopefully be sucrssfull again

this is obviously the case of why you do so well be it at farleigh or wars your manager knows hows to manage your crop of players as hes had you all before, not sure about neavseys lefty though lol ;)

About 80% of our squad from last year have featured in our youth team, and we had a great season winning two cups and getting promoted with locally based players.

As previously mentioned having a ressie team is massively important to develop youth players in the right way, but also the standard the ressies play is vital (in my opinion) to keeping the better squad players happy and moving up to the Suburban last season was definitely a factor in South Park having a stronger overall squad.

About 80% of our squad from last year have featured in our youth team, and we had a great season winning two cups and getting promoted with locally based players.

As previously mentioned having a ressie team is massively important to develop youth players in the right way, but also the standard the ressies play is vital (in my opinion) to keeping the better squad players happy and moving up to the Suburban last season was definitely a factor in South Park having a stronger overall squad.

i think the suburban league is a good learning tool for youngsters playing at descent grounds nice pitches i would hope our chairman is considering trying to get our reserves into this though not sure how do you just apply to join!?

Yes Newby Marvel you just write to them. As long as your facilties are up to scratch and you have done well in COCO ressie league You would probably get accepted. Suburban 1 is same level as COCO1 so great way of preparing youngsters. I.M.O though the Suburban League is slightly weaker this year (well in Div1 anyway) than previously but thats because there is now two prems I would guess so diluted the quality.

Re:youth teams - We are slowly geting there with Mole Valley, increasing the number of teams every year. Hopefully looking to get up to an Under 18s soon.

Camberley have no doubt the best youth set up for miles in any direction. Always very good sides down there full of good quality players. Good progression into reserves too. An example most clubs would do well to follow.

Edited by Luke

totally agree kroons we have four youth projects in our first team at the moment a couple came straight into the first team an the others through the reserves so ours is successful im all for blooding youth an treating them in the right manner to get the best out of them!!

Newbs tell me why are your youth team players 'projects' ........lol !!!

i think the suburban league is a good learning tool for youngsters playing at descent grounds nice pitches i would hope our chairman is considering trying to get our reserves into this though not sure how do you just apply to join!?

i agree better facilities, pitches, quality etc suburban is the way to go - we got approached as our ressies were tracking ok at the time, and i imagine with your set-up etc that if you applied you'd get in

You need to apply to the Suburban League to get in. I think you would have every chance of getting in. You need to make your mind up soon for next season as you will need to let the Combined Counties League know if you are pulling out your reserve team by 31st December otherwise you will be liable to a fine in accordance with the league rules. (Fines have been around £250 for the last couple of years if you advise league after 31st December)

Newbs tell me why are your youth team players 'projects' ........lol !!!

granted that sounds a bit dodgy lol

Yes Newby Marvel you just write to them. As long as your facilties are up to scratch and you have done well in COCO ressie league You would probably get accepted. Suburban 1 is same level as COCO1 so great way of preparing youngsters. I.M.O though the Suburban League is slightly weaker this year (well in Div1 anyway) than previously but thats because there is now two prems I would guess so diluted the quality.

Re:youth teams - We are slowly geting there with Mole Valley, increasing the number of teams every year. Hopefully looking to get up to an Under 18s soon.

Camberley have no doubt the best youth set up for miles in any direction. Always very good sides down there full of good quality players. Good progression into reserves too. An example most clubs would do well to follow.

No way is the Suburban North and South divisions same quality as COCO1 - A lot of teams in the Premier B would struggle to be mid table although you cant doubt the standard of the teams in the Prem A although saying that they havent had all their way over Div 1 clubs in the county cup last few seasons.

Whilst there's no ddoubt the standard in the Suburban is better than the CCL Reserve division i dont think the gap's as big as recent seasons. Both RPV and Sandhurst have come over from Suburban and are strugguling in CCL.Reserve league

It's something we have considered in recent seasons and maybe would do if we get back into the prem at some stage but for know cant justify all the travelling and as mentioned earlier the CCL reserve league standard has improved compared to 2 or 3 seasons again when it was woeful

just for your information NLN, RPV were not in the SFL last season, and Sandhurst finished bottom of the North Division.

Dont think anyone from the management committee has said that one league is better than the other, i am sure that both leagues just try to have the best teams that what to be involved in the league and try to run the leagues as best we can. Re the County Cup, the league are pleased that apart from last season when South Park were the winners against AFC Wimbledon, Suburban FL sides have won the Premier cup since the 1998/9 season, and the league management committee always support them at the finals.