Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Chertsey Caretaker Manager

Miles Smith is a right back. Young but very talented, quick, strong, and certainly has the ability to go on to bigger better things.

Dan Bennett is on fire but yes is a bit lazy which we found out a few times this season but then when there is no one of his talent pushing him for a place in the starting line up, what do you expect? He will be under severe pressure at Farnborough so the lazyness he may lose.

Miles Smith is a right back. Young but very talented, quick, strong, and certainly has the ability to go on to bigger better things.

Dan Bennett is on fire but yes is a bit lazy which we found out a few times this season but then when there is no one of his talent pushing him for a place in the starting line up, what do you expect? He will be under severe pressure at Farnborough so the lazyness he may lose.

JJ .... what do I expect ? Hold on, I'm only going on my viewing of the lad, how would I know what or if any player is pressurising Bennett !

.....or could his attitude which has been reported as questionable, accept any pressure ? Anyway, time will tell, but one thing is I wish him the very best cos its good to see players try to get on at higher level ......but attitude is paramount the higher one goes up leagues.

Edited by NICE GUY

i wont know who has officially stayed until training tonight.

I have been on the phone lots this week to players trying to get a decent squad together for this saturday.

O'Regan is injured anyway

Matt and Jack will need to find a 'keeper for Saturdays St, Neots game as well !

I very much doubt that Chertsey can maintain O'Regan's wages, so he may have to go back to Wealdstone where is was on loan from then probably go out on loan to another club..............Farnboro' ?

I have been on the phone lots this week to players trying to get a decent squad together for this saturday.

JJ - Question. Why have you been on the phone to players, surely that's Matt/Jacks job being caretaker manager, or can we read something more into this ?

Matt and Jack will need to find a 'keeper for Saturdays St, Neots game as well !

I very much doubt that Chertsey can maintain O'Regan's wages, so he may have to go back to Wealdstone where is was on loan from then probably go out on loan to another club..............Farnboro' ?

i knew this last night as stoney got a tx asking what he was upto at the minute!!!

i knew this last night as stoney got a tx asking what he was upto at the minute!!!

Classified at tapping up ???

I hope I am proved wrong but I fear this is all going to end in tears.

For Chertsey they will either get stuffed financially by having players on big wages, or they will lose players and then have to rebuild (latter option preferable, I would think).

As for Farnboro, what happens when (if) Spencer Day gets bored and goes somewhere else. They'll then go tits up like before when Westley left them in the lurch.

Unless Spencer guarantees to honour all the players contracts and ensure that all the money he puts into the clubs is not in the form of loans but actual money to spunk away then I fear the worst.

I hope I dont get to say "I told you so".

JJ - Question. Why have you been on the phone to players, surely that's Matt/Jacks job being caretaker manager, or can we read something more into this ?

Being captain up until last Monday, I had good relationships with the players and therefore am on the phone to some of them to see where they want to play football Saturday, plus Matt has asked my opinion on certain players and if those players still want to play saturday.

I hope I am proved wrong but I fear this is all going to end in tears.

For Chertsey they will either get stuffed financially by having players on big wages, or they will lose players and then have to rebuild (latter option preferable, I would think).

As for Farnboro, what happens when (if) Spencer Day gets bored and goes somewhere else. They'll then go tits up like before when Westley left them in the lurch.

Unless Spencer guarantees to honour all the players contracts and ensure that all the money he puts into the clubs is not in the form of loans but actual money to spunk away then I fear the worst.

I hope I dont get to say "I told you so".

My view is that I don't think that Spencer will be putting in as much money as one thinks. He'd be foolish to stump up loads to bail Farnboro' out, but could add to the current players budget to get better players to Farnboro' then hopefully progress up the league which will look good for Spencer.

Apparently he's asked to do an interview today with FCTV......make up artist, where are you ...... lol