Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

League Cup Results

Basil-Don

Coach, Barkingside state that Steve Brown left for money as he is unemployed. So if you have no budget he lied to his previous club to get released. Not the sort of person I'd want involved if I were in your shoes.

Travelling to redbridge is not the same thing that travelling to hullbridge from Basildon.also Hullbridge has more appeal than a metropolitan side.many scouts are always watching our players at Lower Road and notoriously Bridge is a breading ground for promising youngsters.facts as Rafa would say.he also picked Hullbridge ahead of Bowers due to the deficitary league position of our neighbours.Hullbridge has always been fighting for a Europa league place and the prospect of playing alongside the legend Gillam couldn't be turned down.

Utter nonsense! Barkingside clearly state that "Steve was offered money to play at another club" and that he would be "picking up financial reward for playing".

I don't think for one minute that Jimmy Flanaghan would make up such stories so either you or your keeper is telling porkies

Utter nonsense! Barkingside clearly state that "Steve was offered money to play at another club" and that he would be "picking up financial reward for playing".

I don't think for one minute that Jimmy Flanaghan would make up such stories so either you or your keeper is telling porkies

That Flanagan of yours even sent an e-mail to us that when I read it nearly pmsl.that was a week before we signed him!!!

It's a sign of the times.Won't be long with the new sheiks in charge Hullbridge will become the Manchester City of the Esl!!

If you're saying you're not, and have no intention of, paying the player and he didn't ask to be released on financial grounds then with this e-mail you're saying that Barkingside offered you the player. If that is the case, how could this possibly benefit Barkingside FC? So the question is, what was in the e-mail as you are clearly basing your claims of honesty on it(or are you digging yourself a bigger hole)

As I thought. You answer almost immediately when you think you're being smart but go ever so quiet when you back yourself into a corner. You've tried to sully Mr Flanaghan's name in an attempt to cover your own backside so now reveal the contents of this e-mail as "evidence" or simply accept that you have now revealed your true colours and have shown yourself to be a teller of un-truths

It's called having a family life.the e-mail was basically saying that according mr Flanagan we were one of the two possible destination for Browny and informed us about him being de-registered and available for Gbt but Cup tied in the other cupsI found the e-mail really hilarious because at the time we didn't even know we would have signed him and usually is the new club that enquires about the player being cup tied.I guess your mate is over keen or zealous.I just ignored it.

Honestly cannot believe you guys comment on such meaningless drivel all the time, The ESL is step 5 and there are some good players in it but the standard of the football is a shambles. You have players who are good in the ESL who are poor in the EOFL and whoever said that the boys value sunday football more than ESL was probably right. Gillam legend ha ha hardly was a great player 4/5 years ago when he was at kelvedon Hatch but he has never been that good since then and would not get in sides in the EOFL as I know that for a fact he phoned certain managers in that league when leaving Bowers and they never wanted him. Just get over the fact that it is Step 5. I still maintain that the best 11 players in EOFL on a good surface would beat ESL. On a mud heap ESL would win what does that tell you??

For the proof that step 7 alias Olympics league is crap you only have to look at the top goalscorers,players that were no less than outcasts at some Esl clubs scoring for fun. I have seen better games in the Sceptre League on Sunday morning.Gillam is good enough to play Ryman Prem and turned few clubs down since he has been with us.last year we played Stambridge that is top of div 3 and we trashed them 9-1 such was the difference between the two teams.latest 7 dayer last night for Craig from those noisy neighbours!!!!they thought it was April fools day!! Pmsl

I'm the quietest fella on the planet.Don'get in trouble with the referees and have an immaculate record.As they say the proof is in the pudding.Anyway tell that Eol plonker that Hullbridge is enough to beat an Olimpics rep side let alone an Esl rep.

This season Manor reached the FA cup 4th Qualifying round. Reached the FA Vase last 64. Have lost 1 game in 17 league matches. Beat Chertsey, Leighton, Cheshunt, played at Nene Park in front of 1000 people going in 1-1 at half time against Kettering Town. Played in front of tv cameras, had FA TV drooling over them for 3 weeks, had anglia news doing a piece on them. Had Neil Harris answering questions about the possibility of playing them in the 1st round. Then had a double page spread in the England v spain program. Gary Paterson has scored 22 goals since leaving you. They have done the double over you scoring 9 goals in the process............................. how you have the cheek to call them noisy neighbours and even think Gilliam wouldnt want to join a team that could win the league and be part of what I have just explained sums you up. 24 points behind Manor and will finish 9th in a rubbish league or have the chance to win the league.................... all the best coach et 64. btw they aint your neighbours.

All valid points Vegas Baby and it's a great opportunity for Gillam but he won't move from Hullbridge unless Colin Cook does. He's captain, takes all the freekicks and corners and most importantly hasn't got the bottle to move out of his comfort zone. In short, he's a big fish in a small pond and would struggle in one of the top sides.

I looked at that e-mail and I nearly pissed myself off.Craig has had so many clubs asking for his services but has shown tremendous loyalty to Colin and that in football has no price.after refusing Ryman prem offers how on hearth an Esl side like Southend Manor has wasted a silly e-mail and precious time of their secretary in putting a 7 dayer in.It's clearly a Christmas wind up from our neighbours but frankly doesn't surprise me.If you think it does make sense....We have the 2nd best attack in the Esl and since Pato left it's the first time we scored 44 goals before Christmas.Prior to that with Pato we scored 44 in an entire season!!first time ever in 21 seasons that we have 2 strikers in the top goal scoring chart with another 2 midfielders knocking on the door.As Craig said he is playing with team mates that are ready to go to any length to help each other and they appreciate the good qualities that Craig has football and character wise.He is a leader and rightly so but nobody at Hullbridge is jealous of him.We showed to everyone that managed Craig before how to get the best out of him.All the crap or stories I have heard about him before coming to Hullbridge is a load of ballons.We have seen a player that works hard for the team.scored goals and is the best assist man in the league.if there is a Ryman club that wants a player like him we wouldn't stand in his way but frankly Southend Manor let's not kid ourselves lads.Colin has been like a father figure to him and as I said you can't buy that.

Well I left my dad when I realised he didn't have a clue. Only joking, if Gillam has no passion 4 winning things then he probably won't fit in 2 Manor. If however he is how Coach et 69 says he is then why are Manor worried. Apparently he works hard, is honest, hard working, why 3e they worried. Put him in a side with Pato, Wilf, Baldwin, Smith and teams should be worried. But not Hullbridge though as they have already been done twice with him in the side and are around 21 points behind......