Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

RACISM

Ace1

One of the advantages of the CCL is the ability to pick out anyone who shouts abuse due to the lack of general surrounding noise (unless it's at Bedfont when a 747 ocomes into land).

However, although totally unacceptable to say anything racist I find it unbelievable that people think it's alright to call someone a c**t but not a black c**t. NEITHER are acceptable but it goes unnoticed, even by some refs.

or white c@@t either

.... but being called a white c@@t is that being radist as well .........think carefully ???

to me its the same i work in a predominantly black work place an it happens trust me

.....but is anything ever done about it ? ...... To me, in all honestly its one way traffic, very rarely will you see or hear of a white person/player claim for a racist attack against a black person..........why ?

I remember many years ago when playing being called a white honky.....racist remark ?

Probably a true remark if you were Honking your horn round Soho Nice Guy.

Wasn't Soho Smudgeyboy in was in Croydon.........ha ha !!!

I believe that in a Court of Law, White is not classed as a colour? That is why you do not hear about white players claiming racsim against black players!

Okay so that means white players have to accept all the racial abuse black players give them but cannot do anything about it, but the other way round will find the white player in court then with empty pockets possibly prison for racism..........does that honestly seem fair and equal ?

As I said, one way street !

Edited by NICE GUY

I was giving a half time team talk a couple of seasons ago and said we must pick up the coloured centre half at set plays, A player said we are not coloured we're black, I stood corrected.

sounds like something Ken During would say !!

The reported F.A. stance in today's papers,that Suarez will be handed a 6 match ban if proven Guilty of Racial Abuse,makes a laughing stock of their Respect Campaign.Reason:-If they have such evidence that this actually happened,should they not report it to the Police in the first place,so that they can take action,through the Courts first.It is a Criminal Offence to racially abuse a fellow Human Being.or are the F.A. above the Law.

i still dont understand how being called "black" is offensive.

If like the past comment about the team talk, surely you should be able to say "pick up the black fella in the middle of the park"

Talking about a players colour/race should be just as bad as talking about their family, i know i would react exactly the same! :angry:

If like the past comment about the team talk, surely you should be able to say "pick up the black fella in the middle of the park"

Why do you think it is offensive to refer to someone as black? If used as a descriptive word, it's fine, it's when it's used as a negative, derogaratoy or offensive term that it's not okay.

Why do you think it is offensive to refer to someone as black? If used as a descriptive word, it's fine, it's when it's used as a negative, derogaratoy or offensive term that it's not okay.

bom think youve read it wrong mml is saying he doesnt how it is offensive not that it is!!!!

I was an assistant once when a player made a deragotory remark about Scotsmen to a Scottish referee and he reported the player for racism.

I am also aware of a Black Coach being sent from the dug out for abusing the referee along witht he comment of he wouldnt give his team anything because they were all black. So was the referee !!!

I was an assistant once when a player made a deragotory remark about Scotsmen to a Scottish referee and he reported the player for racism.

I am also aware of a Black Coach being sent from the dug out for abusing the referee along witht he comment of he wouldnt give his team anything because they were all black. So was the referee !!!

Ha ha last paragraph sums up our society at the moment. Anything that goes against a black person is because of their colour being black.............what crap ! Its just an excuse and feeling sorry for themselves, and trying to make others feel the same way.

Hard done by springs to mind !

One of the advantages of the CCL is the ability to pick out anyone who shouts abuse due to the lack of general surrounding noise (unless it's at Bedfont when a 747 ocomes into land).

However, although totally unacceptable to say anything racist I find it unbelievable that people think it's alright to call someone a c**t but not a black c**t. NEITHER are acceptable but it goes unnoticed, even by some refs.

or white c@@t either

.... but being called a white c@@t is that being radist as well .........think carefully ???

to me its the same i work in a predominantly black work place an it happens trust me

.....but is anything ever done about it ? ...... To me, in all honestly its one way traffic, very rarely will you see or hear of a white person/player claim for a racist attack against a black person..........why ?

I remember many years ago when playing being called a white honky.....racist remark ?

i have been called this also an yes was a rascist remark!! sadly it is all one way traffic i mean when you play a mixed ethnic team its usually the whites that are the worst ive played games where there are 7 blacks in the team an 4 whites an they are far more of a pain in the [****!!****] than the black fellas if that makes sense,

typical example being South Kilburn !

The big black lads good as gold but the white guy trying to fit in with ghetto language was the biggest tool i've seen on a pitch in years

or white c@@t either

i have been called this also an yes was a rascist remark!! sadly it is all one way traffic i mean when you play a mixed ethnic team its usually the whites that are the worst ive played games where there are 7 blacks in the team an 4 whites an they are far more of a pain in the [****!!****] than the black fellas if that makes sense,

typical example being South Kilburn !

The big black lads good as gold but the white guy trying to fit in with ghetto language was the biggest tool i've seen on a pitch in years

I don't see why you have to mention someone's skin colour or any other physical features on a football pitch.

Instead of saying 'pick up the black midfielder' why not say 'pick up the number 8'?

You wouldn't say 'pick up the white right back, the ginger left back, the midfielder with a wart on his nose' or anything. Or maybe some people would?

I grew up on the terraces of Aldershot in the late 70's and early 80's which was a terrible time for black footballers at all grounds, and Aldershot was no exception. It's refreshing going there now and seeing a terrible tackle by a black away player on one of the home players being greeted with shouts of 'you nasty c**t' rather than 'you nasty black c**t'.

That's progress!

Edited by VPCTFC

My lad was telling me about a friend of his, was trying to work out which one he was going on about as there are two Tom's, one white one black. I said which Tom, he said the one with blue boots. Now that gives us hope for future generations.

My lad was telling me about a friend of his, was trying to work out which one he was going on about as there are two Tom's, one white one black. I said which Tom, he said the one with blue boots. Now that gives us hope for future generations.

There's an episode of South Park like that called Chef Goes Nanners in which the town flag is debated.

The full story's on Wikipedia for those of you unfortunate enough not to know every South Park episode inside out.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chef_Goes_Nanners

I can't agree that this example gives any hope for the future. It shows that this lad was afraid to mention a glaringly obvious physical characteristic such as skin colour for fear of seeming racist. Would you ignore a person's sex to avoid seeming sexist? Would you ignore someone's height or their eye colour or the length of their hair? We're all different and it's crazy to say we don't see the differences.

There is nothing wrong with recognising a person's colour or their ethnic or territorial origins and we should not be afraid to refer to it. It's using that recognition to insult or abuse people that's the the crime which also devalues the abuser himself. Many users of abusive language have an insecurity about their own status and need to feel that in this area, at least, they are superior to another.