Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

v St Neots Town

Unfortunately probably not, due to it now being a Tuesday and at 7:30, I know of a few coming up by train (Swifty ?) but I can't make it as I don't finish work early enough. If there's any room a couple might jump on the players minibus and the usual traveling committee. Pity I would have liked to come and seen your set up. .

Just a little bit too far and a lot of traffic around as well for a midweek K.O. Hope for a good game and we will be happy to return with a point B)

I haven't groundhopped St. Neots Town yet, and I intend to go as I've already bought my train ticket and sounded the club out about a lift back if I have train problems.

I don't do many midweek away games, mainly because I work up in the City and have difficulties getting to the grounds and then getting home afterwards. In this case, though, I can tube it to King's Cross and get a train which should get me to the ground an hour before kick-off. Manimal, you'll know who I am - I'll be the loud away fan in a suit and overcoat wearing a tangerine Santa hat!

I haven't groundhopped St. Neots Town yet, and I intend to go as I've already bought my train ticket and sounded the club out about a lift back if I have train problems.

I don't do many midweek away games, mainly because I work up in the City and have difficulties getting to the grounds and then getting home afterwards. In this case, though, I can tube it to King's Cross and get a train which should get me to the ground an hour before kick-off. Manimal, you'll know who I am - I'll be the loud away fan in a suit and overcoat wearing a tangerine Santa hat!

Really, Ed? King's Cross is on the Met Line, which is the tube line nearest work. You might just have given me an idea... What time's your train?

I'm aiming for the 17.40 from King's Cross which gets to St. Neots at 18.20 - from there it's a ten minute walk to the ground. You turn left out of the station, bear left into Station Road, then left at the roundabout into Cambridge Road, under the railway bridge then left into Kester Way.

The other train options from King's Cross are 17.44 (arriving at St. Neots at 18.37), 18.10 (arriving 18.50) and 18.14 (arriving 19.08).

On the way back, the only train which would get me home leaves St. Neots at 21.51 and gets to King's Cross at 22.57 - depending on how quickly I get a tube connection to Vauxhall I'll get home either at midnight or 20 past. Had this been a 7.45 kick-off there's no way I'd have considered the trip, as it would have been very tight watching the whole game and then getting to the station for the last train.

Right... I've checked the fares and I'm going for it! I'll be aiming for the 17.40 as well. Give me a call on Tuesday Ed and we'll travel together (and maybe share a couple of scoops on the way there).

If I can't get to Saturday games, I need to maximise the midweeks. It'll cost me less to get to St Neots than it would've done to get to St Albans (how mental is that?) and the journey from Harrow is only about 20mins longer than that for a home game! Therefore... it has to be done!

Now all I need to do is explain to my counterpart at Rowley Park how the General Secretary of a club doesn't have a pass for away games.

Caps off to The Tangerines, 3 very tough league fixtures on the bounce and very unlucky not to have got through them unbeaten :D

That would have been Little Pete, the other 50% of the travelling support. Okay, maybe not. :D

Absolutely wonderful result against a team who I think are a very good bet for the title. You would pay £15 more for a League 2 or even League 1 game and be short-changed in comparison to this game. It was simply that good.

St. Neots Town were sharp, decisive, attack-minded and very entertaining. They could, maybe should, have been three or four up at the break, not because we played badly or were devoid of chances, but because they never stopped attacking and were a bit wasteful. Not to forget that Macca made at least three great saves during the game, but that would be a bit unfair to promote one player when all eleven played their part - for the record, Shane was ill so Russ came back in, and that was the only change in the 11 who didn't even need a substitution. so well did they all play.

The St, Neots fans I spoke to, including a couple who came up to me during the game were friendly, approachable and praiseworthy of our team (plus, some of them hate Biggleswade Town as much as we do, so there was an affinity). Therefore, it came as a bit of a shock when The Saints took the lead on the half-hour and immediately a cry came up of "Easy, easy" from the crowd behind the goal. Suffice to say, when Ed did the spadework and Dan despatched the ball into the net two minutes into the second half, Gareth, Pete and I returned the favour!

We played out of our skins in the second half and could have scored three or four ourselves. It wasn't one-sided, though - St. Neots move like greyhounds and play the ball as smooth as Lindt chocolate. They hit the post and had a good half dozen close efforts after the break. In the end, the draw was a fair result, but the game deserved more than 1-1. hen you consider St. Neots hadn't conceded at home for the last four home League games, and scored 34 against 7 in the nine home fixtures before us, that shows just how much of an achievement and a team effort it was. I've never been so happy after watching a draw. Great stuff by everyone in the team and dugout alike.

St. Neots have a superb set-up - a 3G pitch, a League standard scoreboard in one corner, a programme that included a report on their youth game from last night, a well run bar, and friendly fans who are confident and not arrogant. Fair play to them.

Finally, big thanks to Chairman Dave for the lift back to Ashford. Much appreciated.