Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Barking 1 v Enfield 3

russ

Possibly the worst refeering peformance i've ever seen at Mayesbrook today. Disgraceful. 3rd goal was never ever a penalty, and plenty of Enfield fans agreed. The amount of times he missed obvious fouls was a disgrace, his linos were no help, the goalscorer of the 4th was massively offside and Barking went clean through, with 2 players miles onside, only for the the other lino to flag up. The officials ruined something that had the potential to be a classic game.

Possibly the worst refeering peformance i've ever seen at Mayesbrook today. Disgraceful. 3rd goal was never ever a penalty, and plenty of Enfield fans agreed. The amount of times he missed obvious fouls was a disgrace, his linos were no help, the goalscorer of the 4th was massively offside and Barking went clean through, with 2 players miles onside, only for the the other lino to flag up. The officials ruined something that had the potential to be a classic game.

What they say mate?[censored] happens but funny enough always happens to the teams below in the table.i echo your sentiments we had two penalties denied and manor should have had 3 players sent off in the 2nd half.lets take on the chin mate after all we are not challenging to win the league.it's so annoying but what can you do?giving bad marks to the ref or his assistants won't make any difference.you still get them the following week.it's like a lottery out there.the decent ones get snapped up to higher level.the positive side I reckon my son will go all the way to the football league judging by the standard we see around.chin up mate.

Fanatic

First Team Sub

Dec 10, 2011, 10:07 PM

Team(s):

Post #41 of 47 (272 views)

Shortcut

Re: [sWP-Phil] Saturday 10th December 2011 [in reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Southend Manor 4 Hullbridge Sports 2

Essex Senior League

Admission £6, attendance 44 (surprisingly high, think it may have included those on the bench)

Although this was an entertaining match, it was marred by the behaviour of both benches who spent most of the afternoon abusing the officials, each other and (the home bench) supporters. The ref had to hold up play for a few minutes in the first half to speak to both managers and get them to shake hands. I was surprised the Hullbridge manager wasn't sent off after protesting loudly for several minutes about the ref's failure to award a corner. The Manor bench would alternate between "good decision ref" when something went their way and "f***ing useless. Officials ruining football again" when it didn't. This volte-face often happened within 30 seconds. When an away fan came and stood next to their dugout he was told to "f*** back off to wherever you came from you inbred eight-fingered c***" and after he did leave, the Manor bench started referring to the away team as pikeys.

I've absolutely no idea how or why the officials in the ESL put up with this, nor how club officials are allowed to behave like that.

Anyway, the ground is fairly basic with railing/hardstanding around the pitch. There are a few prefab metal stands on one side, some with seats and one terraced. The ground itself is located in a park and must be quite nice in the warmer months. Today, however, I lost the feeling in my feet and didn't get it back until I had crossed the Essex-Suffolk border on the way home.

Enfield fans said to us that it was never a penalty, and that they had no idea why it was given.

One of our coaches and their manager were sent from the stands in the aftermath of the penalty and i've never been a fan of slagging off referees but he was the worst ref i've ever seen in the ESL, full stop; completely out of his depth and so inconsistent it hurt.

Just to get it right the ref never asked to shake hands and We never did.their bench fella said:I have never been called a c.... In any walks of life and then he lost it when an old man watching said to him: you called him a prick!its usual stuff nothing changes unfortunately and to reply to the ground hopper that was a madornal miss from ref and his assistant after a great shot from Williams was saved by the manor keeper resulting in a corner that everybody on the ground saw a part the match officials and could have been 2-0 to hullbridge.it was all derby stuff between two side that never hide their feelings when play against each other.it's more or less like Roma and lazio well a bit worse! Lol

Edited by coach et 64

Enfield fans said to us that it was never a penalty, and that they had no idea why it was given.

One of our coaches and their manager were sent from the stands in the aftermath of the penalty and i've never been a fan of slagging off referees but he was the worst ref i've ever seen in the ESL, full stop; completely out of his depth and so inconsistent it hurt.

The penalty was given for holding one of our guys back , But agree it looked harsh from the sidelines, Tempers got a bit Irate with some iffy decisions and your coach and our manager got chucked off the bench as a result . I heard there was an assessor there which may have explained some finnicky refereeing . Its always a good game against Barking even if your team was some of Romford FC 2008 / 09 . Good luck for the rest of the campaign .

Can't dispute that the penalty was of the type rarely given as there is always a bit of contact between defenders and forwards- would have to give a penalty every corner if the ref was showing consistency.

Enfield gripes too, had a player booked for leaving the pitch when everyone concerned knew he didn't. Enfield Manager asked lino to tell Ref he'd got it wrong and was sent to the stands after despite not raising his voice or being abusive but asking lino to be truthful about it. To follow this up booked another Enfield player who was waiting to take a throw in after a substitution and was waiting for the Ref to blow whistle to restart. Ref stated that that he told the player 4 times to get on with it , you can't make things up and expect to get respect from teams.

Tellingly few fireworks between the teams and opposing Management who seemed as bemused as each other by the Refs display. Shame in the end that Ref stole the show on a day that should have been memorable for other reasons. For all that an end to end game and a cracking atmosphere created as a fitting tribute to Brad Robinson.