Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Concord 0 Town 0

blue pilgrim

Danny Scopes was spat on by one of your supporters !

So you have said, twice, publicly including once to a member of the press who saw fit to repeat it, publicly.

Did you witness this incident yourself? I hope so. Otherwise you would have been best advised to add the word "allegedly" or "Scopes CLAIMS..." before dragging our reputation through the mud.

Mr Scopes, has come out and said he didnt see who it was. I agree it is disgusting, however if he didnt see exactly who is was, saying it was a billericay supporter is merely a calculated guess. There were Canvey fans, Heybridge fans, and even a Concord fan at the game on saturday, could quite easily have been one of them for all we know.

I was stood by the gate at half time and didnt see anyone spit, but then again there was alot going on, and it couldve come from the other side I suppose.

...or maybe it didn't happen at all? Maybe, if you can't handle the "verbals", totally "lose it" and have to be physically restrained, you need to find an excuse for your gaffer? Or maybe a Canvey Seagull shat on him?

With no witnesses it's impossible to tell.

I also was at the gate when the alledged incident happen, I did hear somthing said by Mr Scopes towards our contingent of surporters although I did not hear what he said as I wasn't paying much attention, after he walked away someone said "come back and say that" he then returned and wanted to fight everyone, I didn't see anyone spitting, all I saw was Mr Scopes being restrained, and their chairman asking us to calm down, though I thought we were calm, and we're just asking to be allowed through the gate, so we could make our way to the other end of the ground

Can't really see one of his own fans spitting at him lol

if it was, how easy would it be to identify them. Imagine the shame, being outed as a concord fan.

Presumably the Concord chairman also tweeted that the whole situation was "engineered" by his other joint-manager Mr Cowley who "allegedly" barged into one of our players going down the tunnel at half time, knowing full well that it would provoke a reaction.

"If" someone spat at Mr Scopes, "if" it turned out to be a Billericay fan and "if" they could be identified, then I would hope that the Club would take action against that person as I also agree that it's disgusting - but that's a lot of ifs.

If i was the Concord chairman, I wouldn't be wasting my time on here - I'd be spending it trying to work out why his management team can't get more out of a talented group of players on a more regular basis.

James Colasanti's match report for the Echo is now on-line. It would appear he couldn't resist mentioning the alleged spitting incident :-

http://www.echo-news.co.uk/sport/football/nonleague/9427869.Tempers_flare_in_derby/

Presumably the Concord chairman also tweeted that the whole situation was "engineered" by his other joint-manager Mr Cowley who "allegedly" barged into one of our players going down the tunnel at half time, knowing full well that it would provoke a reaction.

"If" someone spat at Mr Scopes, "if" it turned out to be a Billericay fan and "if" they could be identified, then I would hope that the Club would take action against that person as I also agree that it's disgusting - but that's a lot of ifs.

If i was the Concord chairman, I wouldn't be wasting my time on here - I'd be spending it trying to work out why his management team can't get more out of a talented group of players on a more regular basis.

Mr Cowley did not barge into a player he told him if he had stayed on his feet the 2 previous challenges he would of probably got the penalty shout !

We have a side that has not lost to the "champions elect" so thats pretty good in my book !

Mr Cowley did not barge into a player he told him if he had stayed on his feet the 2 previous challenges he would of probably got the penalty shout !

We have a side that has not lost to the "champions elect" so thats pretty good in my book !

With the money you are spending and managing only three wins this season you must be ecstatic.

In my best Lancashire accent, "Its turned out nice again"

I did see and hear clearly what was done and said by Mr Cowley to Emeka at half time, and I also clearly heard and witnessed Craig’s reaction. I see it like this, they are two mangers who's touchline style's are complete opposites, (most Managers are somewhere in the middle) Both Clubs will support their own Manger, and rightly so, I would go as far to say, that both clubs would never employ the opposite manager if a position were available. But that’s life, its no big deal, and neither was what went on Saturday, we have seen it all before from all sorts of benches, at all levels of football. I would rather a passionate Manager than a passive one who stands and says nothing.

As for the game itself, I thought we played really good football for the first thirty minutes, but when we missed a few chances we began to force it. We were so desperate to get that first goal that pressure caused us to miss chances that a few weeks ago we would have buried, Fair play to Concord, they could sense our frustration at not scoring and they did what you would expect any team to do, they further frustrated us. I really do think our players will learn a lot from this game, and will be a bit more patient from now on.

After the game The Concord Chairman, Danny Scopes, Craig, and myself stood at the bar chatting football. Neither their Chairman or Manager made any attempt to attack me, (although I swear their Chairman tried to nip my finger when I wasn’t looking) and the game was put behind us, Honours even!

Edited by The Town Crier

Do the Hornchurch fans who will be at new lodge on the 27th need to have TB injections before they come??

Yes, I'd heard that all it takes is a little prick to make a Hornchurch fan come.

Edited by Rick the Dick