Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Windsor FC v Raynes Park Vale

MagicParker

Windsor Rebel - a few points...

Does this mean anyone Slough signs from Conf South or Premier Division are players with no ambition? Remember we are only one division below and could quite possibly be in the same division as you next year. who knows?

Regarding Michael Chennells, he had trials at Brentford and Crawley last year, unfortunately for him they did not follow up with an offer. In Michael's own words his chances of securing a pro contract have most likely gone, he now has started a new job and following a stint at a different club, following Windsor & Eton's demise, where he was sidelined by injuries, he just wants to get back enjoying his football again and a club he has a close affiliation to.

It makes me laugh where often people says players have no loyalty, they chase the big money, yet those who show a commitment to a club and buy into a project get lambasted for lack of ambition, really is comical!

As for the 'pub league' that is the Combined Counties, how did Slough fare against Hanworth Villa in the FA Cup this season?

I went on to the slough forum yesterday and wished Slough fans a good christmas, you come on here and stir crap, I think that says more about you than us.

Hanworth Villa are a good side, I did not say they are a pub side. However, it makes a mockery

of the CCL when you have sides who clearly have players who are obviously turing out for the money

Windsor are paying (at the moment) and who should be at a higher level. However, you will get

found out soon enough, as happened with WEFC.

Wouldn't pub sides play in a pub league, this is all getting very confusing.

Players turning out for the money??? they could get a hell of a lot more playing elsewhere!

Hopefully we get promoted this season and we can play in this central league where all teams from St Neots and Slough all the way down to North Greenford all play on comparable wage bills.

For the record WR how do Slough self sustain their wage bill and outgoing expenses not having their own ground? It's obvious you guys have the business model sussed, i'm sure a lot of other clubs would love to learn the lessons? I tried to figure out myself but couldn't get the figures to work. Assuming your wage bill is around £2k a week over a 40 week season that equates to £80k, I assume you must pay Beaconsfield £10-15k per season, plus expenses such as kit, fines, league expenses, travel costs, programme printing costs, general odds and sods say another £30k so at a conservative guess that's outgoings of £125k a season. Take an average home crowd of 300 all paying the maximum £8 entrance fee (not likely i know, but wanted to see the best possible income) over say a 25 game season equals to £60k add in programme money, golden goals, raffles etc say another £10k, add another £10k or so in for sponsorships. So at best that leaves a shortful of around £45k a season at best, how are you guys plugging that deficit? Not having a dig, but you've come on to our message board talking a lot about our finances, so would love to know how you guys make everything work so us and other clubs can learn from the financial successes you guys are having.

This is what the loon called Smudge is saying on the main CCL Forum...

Now we all no thats what most people only eat 1 time a year,TURKEYS,but all the Teams should all wake up an smell the coffee.You have been shafted big time in the Premier.The BANKRUPT Club that were Windsor and Eton are working the oracle on you,you were warned by yours truly before the season started,a Leopard rarely changes its spots,and Windsor F.C. are no different.Big signings in the last week,for a CLUB who could not pay their creditors stinks to high heaven.So how can we as a Footballl Community stop this happening,SIMPLES let Guildford City win all their remaining games.now we may not all be Guildford City lovers,but I tell you what it makes great sense to me.SO PLEASE get aboard the Smudge train and stop the Windsor surge,you know it makes sense..

I suppose it's a shame that some people are so bitter about how well the new club is doing but guess we should smile and rise above it confident in the team's ability to shove it where the sun don't shine.... but I suppose we might have similar (hopefully unvoiced) resentments if another club with better facilities and better support came down into our League and took it by storm.

I would imagine the people that are most bitter are the ones who were owed all that money and then see you have almost the same team, manager and a chairman who's been there for 14 of the last 15 years. At least he's paying most of the wages out of his own pocket this time around and trying to get some sustainability for the club's future.

Once again another two fingered gesture to all the people that have worked their backsides off to build a new football club.

Yes, I can understand people's frustrations, but please redirect those messages to the previous chairman, who has no involvement in Windsor FC, and not the current people running the club who have raised significant sums of money for local charities, worked hard to support local schools in the town, and are supporting youth football in the town of Windsor.

HP9 - I also wish you a very happy Christmas.

Once again another two fingered gesture to all the people that have worked their backsides off to build a new football club.

Yes, I can understand people's frustrations, but please redirect those messages to the previous chairman, who has no involvement in Windsor FC, and not the current people running the club who have raised significant sums of money for local charities, worked hard to support local schools in the town, and are supporting youth football in the town of Windsor.

HP9 - I also wish you a very happy Christmas.

And a merry christmas to you to Geggy, its nice to know that you do understand those peoples frustrations.

I do agree with everything you say apart from the two fingered gesture to all the wrong people !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by HP9

I understand people's frustrations when it comes to the demise of Windsor & Eton FC. Having followed Reading for long enough, before seeing the light, I was equally annoyed and angered by the number of pro clubs that lived way beyond their means - West Ham, Portsmouth, Leeds, Sheffield Wednesday, the list goes on. But what disappoints me is that there are completely new people involved with the Committee, of which I am one, yet we are being tarred with the same brush. Sadly, there is nothing that we can do or say that will make any difference. Minds and opinions of certain people are set in stone.

Lessons have been learned from the past and we are determined to ensure that this football club succeeds both on and off the pitch.

A good number of clubs in the CCL have thriving youth sections yet Saturday was the first time this season that I have seen a year group attend a senior game en masse. Hopefully, the exercise will be repeated with other age groups. And if, in time, the youngsters return with their parents is this a bad thing? The Youth section are also fully aware of the free admission on offer for the game against Egham Town. Potentially, 300 kids in the ground. Add to this parents and siblings...

It is so much easier to be negative and to wag an anonymous finger.

I was interested to read in the financial section of the Sunday press that in the new year, Her Majesty's Inland Revenue are due to investigate "Several companies and FOOTBALL CLUBS !"

WR/HP9- Given Slough's history with a similar chairman to Simpson, and how many grounds-oh how you choose to forget! For the record, given that he and no-one else promised to pay people (including the players and management), I fail to see how you can level criticism at the new club. For the record, K Stott wasnt at WEFC when it all went wrong as he had resigned- but lets not lets the facts get in the way...

WR - would love to hear how you budget at STFC especially as the budget is closer to £3k than £2k and the ground costs you closer to £20-25k pa. So maybe Mrs Cat did you a favour as its more likely that you simply dont know ---or maybe you do and it involves a benefactor?? Is that a brick I see coming towards your glass house?

HP9- Can i assume that the pseudonym is not in relation to how WR's club can afford Burnell?-- Sorry!! Merry Xmas both