Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Windsor FC v Raynes Park Vale

MagicParker

I am glad you find you find it tedious Geggy, maybe you would not be so amused if WEFC left you

out of pocket.

Idiotic choice of words. Nobody connected with either old, new or both clubs is remotely amused by the demise of Windsor & Eton FC.

Edited by Rother

OK but let me say this: IF you win the league you will be the most unpopular champions for a long while.

I have spoken to quite afew non-league people (not Slough peoeple I hasten to add), and they are all

pretty pissed off with the way your have conducted yourselves.

P.S. any Slough fans attending your game on Tuesday will be not putting any money over your bar either.

Edited by Windsor Rebel

OK but let me say this: IF you win the league you will be the most unpopular champions for a long while.

I have spoken to quite afew non-league people (not Slough peoeple I hasten to add), and they are all

P.S. any Slough fans attending your game on Tuesday will be not putting any money over your bar either.

Well, I daresay the club officials are all aghast at third-hand rumours of "pissed-off non-league people" (unnamed) alleged by a rival team fan (also anonymous) who's had a down on WEFC/WFC for his whole existence on these boards. Obviously I'm in despair myself, too. If it weren't for the fact that I've never heard such comments from anyone I've ever spoken to, I'd probably be on the verge of collapse.

But I'm startled to hear that Slough fans have all gone teetotal for Christmas. Or do you have such control over everyone there that they all do your bidding - maybe you have a hypnotic eye, or something?

Anyway, hopefully Windsor Brewery will be supplying another barrel of excellent ale - my favourite's Windsor Knot, but they're all good. And if you choose to abstain, it's your loss.

Oh we will be drinking alright, bit not funding WEFC/WFC's coffers, any money given to

you lot gets wasted anyway.

So we'll know it's you if we see furtive figures lurking behind a tree outside the ground, swigging from bottles in brown paper bags? Classy.

The whole non-league structure are doubtless grateful to have a spokesperson of such gravitas at their disposal.

I just love the "quite a few people" quote - would that be more than "legions of fans"?

Popularity is a funny old concept - Windsor FC give everyone a warm welcome to Stag Meadow at the gate, on the terraces and in the bar. Never have I heard a negative word uttered about what has happened. Fans of our opponents seem genuinely glad to visit Windsor and, from all comments I've heard, are very complimentary about the set up, the pitch, the facilities and everything that is being done at the club.

Of course there'll be some who don't feel that way, (including some of the old-school W&EFC supporters who have walked away) but come the season's end, wherever we finish in the table, a few keyboard warriors who think "anyone but Windsor" won't have deflected anything from what has been a fantastic achievement by those involved in getting football played at Stag Meadow again. Nor from the decency, honour and honesty of those who have made it happen.

Neither will they change the fine sportsmanship within the club and its supporters who will be the first to congratulate whoever lifts the Trophy.

And THAT'S what sport is all about. Not the petty rivalries you and your ilk are so keen to promote / maintain.

Edited by Rother

To get this back on thread.......thanks to all at the club for making the RPV match day wonderful. I know the Windsor Youth players and coaches thoroughly enjoyed themselves.

It was also interesting to see Keith and players signing autographs afterwards...has to be the first time I have seen the Colonel smile in weeks!

Sue - thank you and good luck on Boxing Day. I will definitely come over and say hello.

All - As much as WR wishes to continue his crusade against us, important not to tire all Slough fans with the same brush.

Paul G - my sister's friends son was a member of the team, and the feedback from his mum, was how excited all the kids were and how much they thoroughly enjoyed the game and their time with scotty the stag. As I mentioned earlier, last Saturday made me proud to be a Windsor FC fan, with all the kids and youth team kids and everyone in the ground pretty much wearing some kind of WFC clothing, plus Scotty the Stag dishing out leaflets in the town centre in the morning it made us truly feel like a community club and showed how far we have come. These are really exciting times for us and once again would like to thank everyone involved for getting us where we are. Those dark days in February are very much behind us, am really excited about 2012!

Ihave been following WEFC/Windsor FC since 1961 when I came to Windsor to join the Army at Combermere Barracks.

In 2004 I moved to Lincolnshire from Windsor and always looked for the Windsor results.

I joined this site some months ago and have never posted a reply until now. Last Saturday I saw the game at Stag Meadow when I paid a visit to my son.

I have seen many a fine game over the past 50 years and this game was no exception.

I find the comments by the the person called "Windsor Rebel" most offence.

Please refrain from posting any further comments on this topic as I find you a complete bore and suggest you crawl back under the stone from whence you came.

No doubt this comment will result from more projected vile from WR.

WR- You just keep wanting to miss the point dont you. The people who were owed most by the PREVIOUS club were the players and management and they still went on to win a league whilst not being paid. Given it was effectively run by P Simpson who was the PREVIOUS chairman it has NOTHING to do with Windsor FC and the records of the said PREVIOUS club have been expunged by the FA! Now we both know that Slough were in a very similar situation and your chairman simply locked the gates on Wexham Park and told the club to go away. If I am not mistaken there were also debts. But due to the clubs willingness to continue and following a nomadic existence which is still going on - you survived. So I simply dont care what you wish to make up about who may dislike Windsor etc- because its irrelevant as is your view. So if you feel so strongly about the club, other than the fact that it is free entry- why bother coming? I dont suppose the club will miss the price of your one drink and who know- it may survive without it.

The big question is however- why are you so obsessed with Windsor? You very clearly are extremely obsessed with the club & one has to wonder why?

WR- You just keep wanting to miss the point dont you. The people who were owed most by the PREVIOUS club were the players and management and they still went on to win a league whilst not being paid. Given it was effectively run by P Simpson who was the PREVIOUS chairman it has NOTHING to do with Windsor FC and the records of the said PREVIOUS club have been expunged by the FA! Now we both know that Slough were in a very similar situation and your chairman simply locked the gates on Wexham Park and told the club to go away. If I am not mistaken there were also debts. But due to the clubs willingness to continue and following a nomadic existence which is still going on - you survived. So I simply dont care what you wish to make up about who may dislike Windsor etc- because its irrelevant as is your view. So if you feel so strongly about the club, other than the fact that it is free entry- why bother coming? I dont suppose the club will miss the price of your one drink and who know- it may survive without it.

Did you not owe the taxman money and thats why WEFC was wound up. I think yuo have missed the point.

The big question is however- why are you so obsessed with Windsor? You very clearly are extremely obsessed with the club & one has to wonder why?