Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

WEDNESDAY - Wood v Vale Preview

Hope it stops raining for you, Chris.

Meadowbank is rapidly becoming a sea-gulls lido !

Probably the best thing for you, Steve.

At least there are no matches at 'Muddybank' until the festive seasons fixtures.

Mind you, if this rain continues...........................

At the following link

http://www.clubwebsi...ews/view/623223

:blk_md_wht: :Dance: :chestram2: :greenapple: :elephant: :duel:

Chris, pulling out all the stops to get this one on I wonder why

Fragile springs to mind Dobo !

Nothing to do with the fact with the pitch improvements happening soon that fixtures would be a nightmare to rearrange in the future and this could add to the pile up. No, of course not.

Edited by WingMan

At the following link

Blimey Lee, you sound like Nice Guy now! Of course we want the game on as we did the games v Dorking and Farnham in the past week but the weather intervened. You, of all people, know the problems with the pitch. I wouldn't say anyone is trying any harder than usual to get the game on but it is our Christmas home game, we have a full squad of players gagging to play a game, the last chance for us to get together before our break and to meet up with all at RPVFC for a few beers. And we may get a reasonable gate and earn a few bob!

I haven't spoken to Tony yet today but I have no doubt our chances of playing have waned given yesterday's rain. There is an improvement in the weather but there is more rain forecast tonight so I am now expecting a pitch inspection tomorrow morning. Three youth games on CCL grounds were called off last night. MORE SOON.

LATEST........The pitch was slitted and verti-drained on Monday and is playable as of 10.30am on Tuesday morning.

However, rain is forecast overnight and it wouldn't take too much more of the wet stuff to put the game in doubt!

Although there is no pitch inspection planned at present, it is looking more likely that one will be needed on Wednesday morning now.

At the following link

Blimey Lee, you sound like Nice Guy now! Of course we want the game on as we did the games v Dorking and Farnham in the past week but the weather intervened. You, of all people, know the problems with the pitch. I wouldn't say anyone is trying any harder than usual to get the game on but it is our Christmas home game, we have a full squad of players gagging to play a game, the last chance for us to get together before our break and to meet up with all at RPVFC for a few beers. And we may get a reasonable gate and earn a few bob!

I haven't spoken to Tony yet today but I have no doubt our chances of playing have waned given yesterday's rain. There is an improvement in the weather but there is more rain forecast tonight so I am now expecting a pitch inspection tomorrow morning. Three youth games on CCL grounds were called off last night. MORE SOON.

Tongue in cheek comment old chap, Sat morning was told no chance game being on, sunday different story.

By the way I am a nice guy

Edited by Dobo Snr

At the following link

Tongue in cheek comment old chap, Sat morning was told no chance game being on, sunday different story.

I know! :wub:

...and today is a different story to yesterday. And tomorrow may be different too!

My gut feeling now is that it will be off! :bigcry:

If so, I will probably ring DB for a meet up and a few beers. :)

At the following link

...and today is a different story to yesterday. And tomorrow may be different too!

Best of luck with that last I heard this morning was DB still on way back from windsor

At the following link

Best of luck with that last I heard this morning was DB still on way back from windsor

PMSL :D

He did text me last night however!

Bless!!!

Dorking under water. someone sneeze :)

The Somme in the winter and the Sahara in the summer.

Fings never change !

At the following link

Dobo have to say I think we have some serious people on our site, as they do not seem to have a sense of humour, everything is so straight and do not have the intelligence or appreciate any tongue-in-cheek comments, its knock, knock, knock before thinking but hey, Dobo Snr is a nice guy says Nice Guy......... his son's not a bad player either !!!

Dobo no more tongue-in-cheek comments you naughty boy !!!

At the following link

Dobo have to say I think we have some serious people on our site, as they do not seem to have a sense of humour, everything is so straight and do not have the intelligence or appreciate any tongue-in-cheek comments, its knock, knock, knock before thinking but hey, Dobo Snr is a nice guy says Nice Guy......... his son's not a bad player either !!!

Must admit it doesn't take much to get a bite, also just seen on the windsor forum that someone thinks we are a pub side ha ha he should have seen us at our xmas party last week.

I was very impressed with their set up on saturday, however i suppose you can expect some big time charlie attitudes

NG are you coming to the colliers wood v Dog & Duck game tomorrow night

At the following link

Must admit it doesn't take much to get a bite, also just seen on the windsor forum that someone thinks we are a pub side ha ha he should have seen us at our xmas party last week.

I was very impressed with their set up on saturday, however i suppose you can expect some big time charlie attitudes

Dobbo, I think you will find that the guy who made the 'pub team' comment was Windsor Rebel who is in fact a Slough Town fan.

At the following link

Dobbo, I think you will find that the guy who made the 'pub team' comment was Windsor Rebel who is in fact a Slough Town fan.

Oh well no ones perfect, your team seemed to have change their style of play since the last time we played you not so direct. Is that due to the new signings recently