Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Step 5 Restructuring

Will only mean 1 thing in my mind,the beginning of the end of Non League Football in this country.Extra costs in hard times,will drive many Clubs under.So Alan where would Guernsey be placed in the new configuration of Leagues,this must of been given some thought surely?

Try reading what Whitelaw typed. If it goes ahead from May 2013.

Who is to not say that by May 2013, Guernsey may well have sailed through step 5 so would be looking to be promoted to Step 4 thus removing them from this conundrum.

I must admit that there are some very tasty fixtures in the "proposed" Central Division as well as some very good teams.

Because Guernsey are currently at Step 6, there is no indication at the moment where they would be placed, any more than any other Step 6 club. Assuming they are at Step 5 as at May 2013, one would assume that because Horley Town (adj Gatwick) are in the London SW Division, Guernsey would also be placed in that division, but it would be a matter for the FA at the time.

Re the previous question, the idea of extra finance to help disadvantaged clubs has not even had a mention. Chances zero in my humble opinion.

Edited by whitelaw

Are there any funding proposals from the F.A.within the Restructuring Procedure?

I think the FA should buy every club a shiney new minibus to cover the travel issues Smudge.

Because Guernsey are currently at Step 6, there is no indication at the moment where they would be placed, any more than any other Step 6 club. Assuming they are at Step 5 as at May 2013, one would assume that because Horley Town (adj Gatwick) are in the London SW Division, Guernsey would also be placed in that division, but it would be a matter for the FA at the time.

Re the previous question, the idea of extra finance to help disadvantaged clubs has not even had a mention. Chances zero in my humble opinion.

But the Leagues are pushing the F.A. for extra Finance surely Alan,or are they just leaving them to push this through at their will.With no cost to the F.A.,SURELY it is the Leagues duty to look after it's Members at all times,they do pay a Membership Fee after all.I know Guernsey are not yet a Step 5 Club yet,but where they are placed has Financial Benefits for Teams in the Pyramid,especially Ryman Clubs.

And where is The FA going to find "extra finance" from, Smudge? They already provide funding for County FAs, Leagues and potentially significant funding for clubs in the form of prize money from the FA Competitions. Then there are Wembley and St. George's Park to be considered...

Yes, the majority of clubs in the current CCL will see a marked increase in travelling. However, as VP pointed out, the League's "footprint" has shrunk significantly in recent years and it's not that long since AFC Wallingford and Withdean 2000 were both in the League - both of which would have been significant journeys for a lot of clubs. However, in other parts of the world, clubs will see a reduction in their travel costs.

The Leagues will put their point across and the clubs also have the opportunity to do so. If everyone says that they will accept the additional travelling ONLY if an extra promotion place is awarded to each of the new Step 5 Leagues, equating to 2 up and 4 down from Step 4 then maybe, just maybe, The FA will get the hint.

My own club is at Step 4 and I firmly believe that the logjam at Step 5 needs resolving. I think The FA believe this has to happen in the longer term, but to push it through they "need" to tidy up the Leagues first. It won't be "the beginning of the end for Non-League Football", although I accept some clubs will be unhappy with the changes.

Remember, none of this is definite...

I am liking the word "definite" being used. I think we are all clear enough to know that the FA will push this through and in my opinion it does make sense. If we are going to widen this up I personally beleive that the pyramid should actually start at Championship level. League 1 and 2 should be regonialised and away we go.

All Smudge is doing is trying to pick an argument with silly statements so no need to raise to him.

It will go through but I hope like Beano says that the Step 5 clubs make enough noise that the FA relent on the promotion issue. Pin this thread someone cos it will go on and on.

The F.A.relent Kroons,do you really think they give a damn about Step 5 Clubs.All this was done for was to make it easier for them,as 14 into 12 did not go.Step 4 Clubs will look after their own,2 promotion places from Step 5 is not even on the agenda as part of this reorginization,in fact the said proposals take away a Promotion place from Southern Clubs.Tell me where all this money is going to come from for the Clubs to get their grounds up to scratch,supporters numbers will dwindle further due to increased travel costs.Non of this concerns the F.A.all they are interested in is T.V. Money not the good of the game.

That is a very good point to spell out. If you regard the South East as currently consisting of the Kent League, the Sussex League, and the CCL, there will only be two leagues "replacing" them as far as Step 5 is concerned and thus one less promotion place available to teams currently in those three leagues

Edited by whitelaw

The F.A.relent Kroons,do you really think they give a damn about Step 5 Clubs.All this was done for was to make it easier for them,as 14 into 12 did not go.Step 4 Clubs will look after their own,2 promotion places from Step 5 is not even on the agenda as part of this reorginization,in fact the said proposals take away a Promotion place from Southern Clubs.Tell me where all this money is going to come from for the Clubs to get their grounds up to scratch,supporters numbers will dwindle further due to increased travel costs.Non of this concerns the F.A.all they are interested in is T.V. Money not the good of the game.

What a load of nonsense! Just how many people travel to away games in the CCL - Committee Members and Pass Holders excepted? Very, very few.

Beano is absolutely right. There has to be movement on promotion from Step 5 but I won't be holding my breath. How long did it take the FA etc to fiinally grant automatic promotion from the top of the Non League pyramid to the fourth division of the Football League?

No doubt there will be much debate, discussion and b/s in the months to come.

Sorry Whitelaw and Smudge. There are 12 promotion places available now and there will be 12 promotion places available afterwards. No-one has ever been prevented from being promoted other than for grading issues so that, for me, is a weak argument.

And the ground grading is another red herring. there will be plenty of clubs with the available grading to be placed in these divisions. Is the grading going to be much different than it is now, que VP for that one, or will it be clubs having to do with they really should have already done ?

The travel bit has been discussed elsewhere and I agree with what Windsor PE states above.

We had long discussions on this last night before and after our cup tie.

Some of our players (and Dorking's) arrived at our ground after 6.30pm due to work commitments and they flagged this as their only real concern re travelling longer distances. Getting time off work for earlier departures will be difficult for everyone.

There is a level of expectency (not quite excitement) about visiting new clubs but it will be sad to lose some of our current opponents.

I think the whole mind set will need to change at CWUFC and this will be reflected in the calibre (and maybe quality) of player required in 2013.

It is pretty obvious that we will have to subsidise further the players travelling costs/expenses.

Quite where that extra cash will come from is unclear at present!!!

Of course we will have the option to "opt out" at step 5; I hope that doesn't happen!

Edited by Chris Clapham

So Guernsey is now relocated to Gatwick,not where it is in the World?

But that is where UK teams travel to under their own steam. Then GFC pick up the bill and fly them to Guernsey. So surely its logical that they are classed as being based at Gatwick?

Are you becoming obessed with Guernsey?

I am really enjoying this debate, it is very interesting as I am trying to learn a lot more about the CCL and the non-league pyrmaid system that my club has joined. To answer what step GFC will be at in a couple of years, personally I dont think we will get out of the CCL Premier Division on our first attempt, IF we get out of Div 1 first though

Edited by HKP

I do like your last line CC and a few people seem to forget that option. Hopefully there will not be many that do that.

Do we think players will stop playing because the cost of travelling will increase although I think this is being overplayed a lot too. I am not sure they will. Maybe Step 6 will become tougher than Step 5 because of this ?

Krooner is right - Ground Grading is a red herring. The clubs are required to have a Grade F to be eligible for the restructured leagues if they go through - which is exactly the same grading as they are required to have now. Promoted clubs get a year's grace of course, but the majority of CCL Premier Division clubs should have no worries on that score.

What a load of nonsense! Just how many people travel to away games in the CCL - Committee Members and Pass Holders excepted? Very, very few.

Beano is absolutely right. There has to be movement on promotion from Step 5 but I won't be holding my breath. How long did it take the FA etc to fiinally grant automatic promotion from the top of the Non League pyramid to the fourth division of the Football League?

No doubt there will be much debate, discussion and b/s in the months to come.

Resent your remarks regards only Pass Holders,and Committee Members are the only ones who travel to away games,I happen to travel to watch games away.I pay to get in too,and have been known to have a few drinks as well as something to eat.But will I pay £33.20p to get to Deal,£28.90p to Canterbury,£27.80 to get to Herne Bay,when currently I can pay £12.10p to Sandhurst and Farnborough,£12.40p to get to Farnham,and £9.10p to get to your beloved Windsor.Rather go and watch Reading,like another poster I know!!!!!

You having a pop at me Smudgey cos I dont agree with your views ?

In general Windsor PE was right but some sides take a few people away who pay. A lot of them are relatives of the players so will they stop going ? Not sure they will. I am sorry you will not be able to afford it mate but as ever with these things you cannot please all the people all of the time.