Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Town 0 Hornchurch 1

blue pilgrim

Don't cha just love EU? Fished for a bite and got him.

And Miss AFCH... Lol. Do try harder dear...No pressure at all...in fact I'm enjoying the ride.

Beat the league leaders and move...? Nowhere...still third, in fact. Football can be so frustrating, eh?

Edited by GazzaBTFC

Bumper crowd made for a great atmos that, unfortunately, neither side could live up to on the pitch.

Yes, if we'd met that Hornchurch side in October we'd have probably beaten then comfortably. But we are what we are and at the moment that's pretty one dimensional.

New Years Eve sees Harrow visit fresh on the back of a 4-0 defeat by Wealdstone. Hopefully they'll find our long throw/dead ball into the box tactic too much to cope with. Or maybe we'll develop a Plan B.

What a load of hogwash. No plan B? We have scored 46 goals this season the large majority from open play.

I think it's shameful the way Halle has been singled out when there are many off their game. I hope there are not too many players that read some of the rubbish written on here.

It's so simple to just criticise.

The team are having a blip. Time to get behind them.

COYB

Sent from my iPhone

because you have played more games

Wrong. you dont go top cos of the amount of games youve played. We are top cos we have more points/ better goal difference than anyone else.

New Lodger, you have stolen my thunder.

Some one made a very good point on here a while back, Criticising a player because you believe them to not be good enough, is poor. The one thing our team does, game in, game out, is put in a shift.

Same with the Manager, he has put together a team on a limited budget, and we are top of the league, but if you read some of the massages in this thread without knowing our league position, you might think this was written two season ago.

Yes we are having a dip in form, but I think the team and management have done more than enough to earn your support, and It would be nice if the supporters could help them through .

We are top of the league ffs, If you cant enjoy this and would prefer to search for a negative, perhaps you should take a long hard look in the mirror.

and I dont want to read any whinging reply's about how this is a forum and you are being stopped from writing your opinion. You're not, we encourage people to take part, its healthy, we are all entitled to our opinion.The above is mine.

No plan B? We have scored 46 goals this season the large majority from open play.

Who's talking about "this season"? I thought this thread was about the Hornchurch game, where we were one dimensional and had no Plan B, in my opinion. A problem that has beset us for a couple of recent games, in my opinion.

As far as "this season" go's, well look at that table New Lodger :-)

We are half way through the season and tbh how many of us "fans" thought we would be in the postion we are today ? Personally i would rather have a blip/dip in form now than in the final 10 games. There is a great deal to play for and at the moment other teams (ie) Hornchurch , Lowestoft are having a good run, but whose to say they dont suffer from a blip/dip in form in the coming months .

Ok to the game - First what a wonderful attendance . Someone said earlier there is still an interest in the football club, well that showed Tuesday , so that is a big positive. The game was to be fair really scrappy and neither side showed conclusively why we are both up at the top , but lets also remember we were missing a couple of influential players and there certainly did appear to be a couple carrying knocks. Craig has done a wonderful job in getting this football club to where it is now.

The long throws can be very effective but i would like to see them used with a little less hight (ie more of a launch) - But hell , i could not throw it 10 feet so who am i to say haha

Without Junior i feel we lacked width but i also think both managers set their teams out to try and cancel each others threats and to be fair they both worked as both sides created very little.

Lets just see how the second half of the season pans out ehh.

We concede very few goals and i think the goals will come again the other end.

Final word to Hornchurch . Well done on your win , and if we had won we would have enjoyed it too.

Come On Town !

I think Craig and his team have done a fantastic job since he has been here, he won a trophy last year and we are in contention for a play-off place at least this year.

Earlier in the season our game was based around a high tempo pressing game, we closed the opposition down from the front and through our midfield. We have replaced younger dynamic enthusiastic players (Knight, Semakula, White) with experienced players like Collis, Halle, Cousins and now Poole. This has also meant the likes of Harrison, Hawes and Radley are not getting as much game time. The only young player we have brought into the squad in that time (Emeka) has scored six times from 9 starts. I appreciate and understand that there's nothing we can do if players choose to leave and sit on the bench somewhere else for a few quid more, get suspended or are unavailable for other reasons but at the moment in my view we are not getting the blend right and that can be seen in both our recent style of play and our recent results.

I've taken a long hard look in the mirror, and whilst it's a pretty ugly sight, I'm quite pleased that I actually say what I think, unlike some others on here. If I think we've played well, I say so - If I think we've played poorly I say so - If I think a player has played well I say so and very very rarely if I think a player has played poorly I will say so.

It's Craig's opinion that counts though and as ever I will be behind the team on Saturday regardless of who is selected. It's a big game for us and I hope we can get back to winning ways.

TC - Overall I don't think there are too many negative supporters on this forum. I agree that the lads who turn out for Craig always put in a shift and I think it is wrong to single out players for criticism, whether it be on this forum or from the sideline. Note that most of those who do so on this thread, are not regular posters.

However, football is a game of opinions and I think it is fair to debate tactics, if we accept that the Manager knows his team the best and probably knows the opposition as well. For years, I have felt that Town have been "too short" for this league, so I am delighted that we are being called physical and similar to Stoke City ( who are still in Europe by the way ). The defensive pairings of Swaine/Wild/Sobers are without doubt the best in this league and no wonder they are effective at attacking set pieces. Yes, we have become one dimensional over the last month, but I guess that is down to resource issues. I just felt that on Tuesday, we could have gambled a little earlier with a creative player, who needs more time on the pitch. ( no names please!)

Unlike many of those who turned up on Tuesday, I will be there to support the boys on Saturday, as I have done win, lose or draw over many seasons COYB !!!