Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Ex "players"

Devann Yao .... who? Is currently signed for Belgian 2nd Division side, Boussu Dour Borinage... Who?

Looks like he was sent off on debut and has since been out injured......

Sorry if this is considered inappropriate, but having been taken to task by John W and others for calling Jamie Lawrence's recruits "mercenaries" in a long-ago post, can we please forget some of the so-called players who wore the tangerine and white during JL's tenure?

Let's remember the true ATFC committed players - not the JL journeymen and parasites.

The reason many fans are no longer attending or (like me) only occasional visitors is because of the damage done during the JL era, magnificently rescued by SBF but seeing the loss of lovely and committed people such as Alan Cox and others.

Happy New Year to all true ATFC fans, Members, Committee and associates. Sorry - had to get it off my chest.

K

Edited by Keith B

• 2 weeks later...

Check this out :o

AFC Wimbledon pay record fee for Byron Harrison

Late this afternoon the club signed Byron Harrison from Stevenage FC.

Byron has committed himself to the Dons for two and a half years. Terry Brown said "we tried to sign Byron when he was at Ashford Town and we've kept an eye on him since then. We are delighted to have finally got our man. He will bring goals and pace up front and he will be starting on Saturday. He has cost us a record fee but I am sure he will prove to be a great investment for the club."

An interview with Byron will follow in due course.

• 2 weeks later...

Brian Haule, who was at St Albans when we beat them, now seems to be plying his trade for Aylesbury and scored in their 9-2 defeat to our friends St Neots....

One or two prominent ex-players don't seem to be too active at the moment. Richard Butler was a last minute sub for Staines both last Tuesday and yesterday at Truro, whilst Jonno was unused for Hampton yesterday. Billy Jefferies didin't appear to be in the squad for Hampton either - injured? Ranks only got six minutes for Hendon. Lee (Pearce) is doing well though, now playing for Wembley who were the result of the day yesterday in the CCL winning 2-1 at champions elect Guildford City. Can't see Bones in the AFC Wimbledon squad either at the moment.

Byron Harrison was subbed on 67 minutes yesterday whilst Brett Johnson has gone to Cambridge United on loan for a month.

Anyone know where Jacob Mingle is at the moment - one of my favourite ex-players? Jamie scored for Cobham in a 4-0 win over Westfield in the CCL.

Edited by whitelaw

Not sure if Jacob Mingle is still playing. From scouring Google, he was last seen playing for Thurrock and turned up for pre-season training for this season but hasn't made an appearance for the first team. After that, the trail disappears.

It seems Jacob sustained a very nasty injury (to his jaw?) while playing for Braintree Town at Weston-Super-Mare a few seasons back, and maybe this has caused him to give up?

Jacob Mingle was in the stand watching the AFC Wimbledon home win against Macclesfield last Tuesday, along with his sister who used to watch Jacob play for us. Also in attendance was one Jamie Lawrence and the injured Rick Wellard. I don't know if Jacob is still playing but I have happy memories of him playing for Ashford - a bit of spice about him.

Anyone know if Mark Butler is still assisting Dave Anderson at Harrow Borough?

Gareth -

thanks. A shame in my view, as he has a lot to offer in my humble opinion. To be clear, not at the RPS, but surely somewhere else. I know he works in a hard-pressed industry (air-con I think), so maybe the economic viability of his work commitments and also committing to a time-consuming role in football is a key factor, given the last I knew he lived in Aldershot and his work HQ was in Waterloo.

I also know he is not alone in juggling work and sporting activities, especially with families and other relationships to consider as priorities.

Respect.

I can only imagine how you all do it!

Edited by Keith B

This boy gets around!

Former Millwall striker Chamal Fenelon has signed for Sydenhams Wessex League Premier Division side Horndean. Fenelon signed from Peacehaven & Telscombe but prior to that he has had spells at a number of Non-League clubs.

Also good luck to former Ashford Assistant Manager Neil Cummings, now manager at CCL Div 1 side CB Hounslow United

Not that surprising, Ed. Jermaine played regularly for Aldershot for a while and according to Kevchanko and press reports had a very good match in the Carling Cup against West Ham earlier in the season.

I was as fed as everyone after his non appearnce at the Horsham match a couple of seasons ago but we can't bear grudges(except for mine against Peter Mc Parland for his foul on Ray Wood in the 57 final). Now that is bearing a grudge!

You can point to quite a few things in the lead up to relegation that would have saved us. Johnno missing a last minute pen at Hendon. Femi conceeding the pen in the last minute against Bognor. To name but two