Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Aldborough Ath 3-1 Southminster

smallsy

Southminster played almost an hour with 10 men and were reduced to 9 before the final whistle. We were 1-0 up until the last 10 minutes where we ran out of steam. Good luck to Aldborough for the rest of the season. Very good side.

Southminster played almost an hour with 10 men and were reduced to 9 before the final whistle. We were 1-0 up until the last 10 minutes where we ran out of steam. Good luck to Aldborough for the rest of the season. Very good side.

Smallsy,

Do you think the xmas break took some conditioning away from your team. Or was it just purely the loss of a full 11 on your team?

Hi Britman,

I wouldn't say that because we played a friendly match on NYE to blow away the xmas cobwebs and it was the same for both teams. It wasn't ideal playing with 10 men for an hour against a good side, especially not after the extended break but that was no one elses fault except our own. Sometimes you see 10 v 11 and you cannot notice a difference but on this occasion it was so evident you would not believe. We nearly clung on but in the end fatigue set in.

Of course, a fixture at home against bottom of the league would have been preferable after the break but that wasn't the case.

smallsy, mate keep it going its good to see a club moving in the right direction ,you have a very big squad and if you all stay focused im sure sucess will follow you was never going to go unbeaten and im sure this will only make everybody concerned approach the remaining games in the correct manor ,,

Only Herongate and Southminster are going to finish in the top two they are the best teams. The other teams cannot get their best sides out week in week out and dont have strong enough squads plus Ongar have started too late . Shrewdest ,there are always many reasons why the league arrange the fixtures in the way they do. One thing I will say about the Fix Sec is he is as straight and honest as they come ...being keen on one side or another never comes into it! Ongar (when they get their best boys out) are a very good side. Should never have been relegated last year should have been given time or ground shared!. Shrewdest hope that manager at Herongate has learnt how to behave when they lose. Shocking last season when I saw them get beat!.

Shrewdest to tell the truth we were not good enough on the day as much as that pains me to say. I wouldn't say we were beaten by a better side we just did not turn up. There are other factors I could use as an excuse but I won't waste my breath. The league is still in our hands so if we do what we know we can do then we will be fine. If we do not do that, then we do not deserve to win.

As for the fixtures I am not sure there is any favouritism particularly where we are concerned. Our disciplinary record is not great so we are not in the good books.

Hi Britman,

I wouldn't say that because we played a friendly match on NYE to blow away the xmas cobwebs and it was the same for both teams. It wasn't ideal playing with 10 men for an hour against a good side, especially not after the extended break but that was no one elses fault except our own. Sometimes you see 10 v 11 and you cannot notice a difference but on this occasion it was so evident you would not believe. We nearly clung on but in the end fatigue set in.

Of course, a fixture at home against bottom of the league would have been preferable after the break but that wasn't the case.

Smallsy,

Thanks for the reply. I appreciate your thoughts. Sorry for the late reply though. Somehow, I miss your this forum.